• Published 23rd Nov 2013
  • 739 Views, 6 Comments

Alicornian Magic - FlameSwordedLink



A Twilestia story. ...But if that's what it is, then why do I have this overwhelming sense that something terrible is going to happen Luna?

  • ...
6
 6
 739

Chapter 1: A Dream?

A/N: I redid the last chapter thanks to some criticism by The DJ Rainbow Dash. Thank you again.

Chapter 1: A Dream?

Sometimes we get attacked when we least expect it, sometimes we don't. So why be exposed when you could easily protect it? My mother always told me to never take off my armor for that reason. She also told me that sometimes the treasures hidden in plain sight are the best treasures of all.

Celestia woke with a start. She kept dreaming of Twilight before she became an alicorn every night. Every time it would also end in her getting kissed by Twilight after she made the move. When she went over her dream in her head she found no difference except that her mind had somehow let a secret slip out.

She decided that she should get ready to tell Twilight the real reason of why she became an alicorn. Celestia knew that Twilight would have many questions, but she could answer all of them, hopefully.

The Canterlot Library, 1000

"You asked for my counsel, Celestia?" Twilight asked as she walked into the library. She looked at the table Celestia was at and saw books from before Luna was banished.

"Ah, yes. I am needing to tell you about something so that you may be prepared for an arrival." Celestia said lifting her head from the book with Star Swirl's spell in it. Twilight started to open her mouth but the princess stopped her. "No interjections. I need to make sure I say everything in case your question is answered in my speech." Twilight looked downwards apprehensively after the Princess stated that.

"Now, the other reason I called you here is to tell you the actual reason for you becoming an alicorn." Twilight looked shocked at the statement, almost in disbelief. She haspd completed an ancient spell, after all. "The main reason is that you are from a long lost tribe of ponies, called the Cigmaks. The name has nothing to do with the Greek letter Sigma you already know about, instead they chose their name because of it being an anagram for magicks."

Celestia paused to for a moment to let the lavender alicorn process everything before continuing, "You are the only known survivor, and this is confirmed being that all of their cutie marks had to do with magic in one form or another, and you are the only unicorn to match that description. Well, were the only unicorn. Now be that as it may, there is also one other survivor, but we will talk about them later."

"Now, when you finished Star Swirl's spell you reawakened that magic within you, but in doing so you awakened an ancient evil called the Migrath. Now Star Swirl was also a Cigmak, and his spell was to reawaken somepony who might have hidden their form as another species, for they were all alicorns." Figuring that Twilight might want a little bit more time to process the information again, the Princess paused once more.

"Luckily, being that alicorns are immortal, you might be able to rediscover your tribe. However they are all in the belly of Migrath, which has a special charm in it to make all magic not work inside of her." Now Twilight had that sparkle in her eyes, the one right before she asks a question. Her teacher, knowing her for so long, guessed the question and said, "Yes, Star Swirl is still alive, but you must find him. If you do there is great chance that he will help you with your quest. Last I remember he was in hiding in the Forest of Nidas, which is the other edge of the Everfree. And if you need my help do not fear asking me for it."

After all of this Twilight looked quite stunned. She opened her mouth, but immediately closed it. She stood to leave before Celestia stopped her. "Also, I need you to know one thing. There is a prophecy. A prophecy that I am almost certain is about you. You need to ask Star Swirl the Bearded about it."

"Furthermore, there is something about alicorns that you must know. All alicorns before you were only strong with magic in one field, our special talents, but with you now becoming an alicorn I am not so sure about what would happen if you used it. We are normally extremely weak in every area of magic except our talent, so you might have to sacrifice something in order to use yours now. Currently you are just using your energy as a sacrifice, but when something larger rolls around you must know not to use magic at all costs until you know what it is that you need to accomplish." With that knowledge Twilight looked scared. She thought

"You may also spend the night of you wish." The white mare then got up and excused herself. She headed to the Throne Room to meet up with herself thereafter to make sure that she really couldn't change her fate....

Twilight's Old Room, 2200

Twilight yawned. She had been studying as much as she could about the Everfree and the Forest of Nidas. She hoped to find some clue as to why she was the only one in this position and how nopony else survived. Eventually she came up with no answer and decided to retire for the night. However she first wanted to see why Celestia hadn't checked on her.

When she arrived at the Throne Room she saw Celestia. She turned towards who she was talking to and saw...another Celestia? How can that be right? She listened to the conversation and heard them talking about Celestia's fate of becoming a monster. She pondered how that could be before listening again. She heard that in one of the meals that she would eat on this day next year would be a poison, but it would be one that also took her back in time. There would be no way of knowing about it or preventing it, either.

After that the double disappeared and Twilight hurried back to her room to try and make the most out of the time she had left with her teacher, for if Celestia herself said that it was impossible to prevent then she knew she couldn't prevent it. So she prepared to do what she had always wanted to do since she had become Celestia's student: kiss her.

The affection started out when she first became her apprentice, but only as a mere sense of awe and amazement. Over the years it changed into a love for her, but was strictly forbidden by herself. Now she could think of no greater way to spend the last year of her life with her mentor. The only question is how to do it now. Perhaps she could get Luna to spy on the ivory mare's dreams to see what she is thinking of all of this. After all, Celestia would tell Luna, right?

In Celestia's Bedroom, 2300, 10 Minutes After Discussion

I just don't know what to do! If I tell Twilight then she'll start panicking like crazy! Whereas if I don't tell her I'll have a horrible feeling of guilt for the rest of my life as me! Sometimes I really wish I could just go and talk to somepony, but my sister will also be mad because as soon as she gets to see me again I have to become a monster. And I can't just leave either, for I have a nation to take care of. Unless I can get..., hm, yes, that might just work. I just hope she won't take it the wrong way. At least I have a plan. Now I just need to sleep. And with that Celestia dozed off to sleep, dreaming once again of Twilight, though this time she was dreaming of her discussing possible ways of handling the current situation.

What could all of this mean? How does this have to pertain to the plot? Answers are slow to appear sometimes, after all. So maybe we should just keep our armor on and hope that we soar through the skies.

Author's Note:

Yeah, the chapter is done. I have something in head planned for this. The only problem is that I am not able to use my outline now, for none of this was in it! So I am done with this and should have a chapter out the day after tomorrow to make sure that I have as many chapters for the Twilestia contest as possible. I rewrote the previous chapter a little bit as well, so take note of that. Please give me feedback so that I may improve. Thank you for reading!

Sincerely,
~FlameSwordedLink