• Published 23rd Nov 2013
  • 739 Views, 6 Comments

Alicornian Magic - FlameSwordedLink



A Twilestia story. ...But if that's what it is, then why do I have this overwhelming sense that something terrible is going to happen Luna?

  • ...
6
 6
 739

Chapter 2: The Plan, the Spy, and the Offer

A/N: I managed to shorten the paragraphs in this chapter, as well as the previous ones. Let the chapter begin!

Chapter 2: The Plan, the Spy, and the Offer

A little big of foreknowledge: Celestia's doppelgänger is a version of herself that is about a week before the meal. Let's just call that day the "Day of Darkness" for reference. She is able to travel along her own timeline via realistic holographic projections through time. This version is there merely to help with the story's progression when needed, and I don't know if she will pop up again. Just mentioned it to avoid confusion!

Love can be a funny thing sometimes. It can make you strong, weak, happy, sad, and any emotion possible. So how do you know when it's just plain love, and not damaged in any way?

Throne Room, 2300, Night Court not in Session

Twilight found Luna in the Throne Room, luckily while Night Court was not in session. Once getting her attention by using a por- I mean by waving her hoof, she said, "Luna, could I possibly get you to spy on your sister's dreams?" Twilight asked this, assuming she would have to bribe Luna to get her to do it as well.

Luna replied, "Yes. But first you must give your marshmallows." At this the lavender alicorn looked shocked, for she didn't even have any marshmallows out in the open. When the alicorn of the night saw her face, she said, "I smelled them. The bag has a hole in it about the size of a quarter. You also dropped a trail of them while you walked here."

Twilight looked behind herself, blushed, and levitated the marshmallows into a makeshift magic bowl. "Well, that could've gone better. At least no pige-!" At that a giant flock of pigeons came flying through the room, eating up all of Luna's marshmallows. "...I owe you another bag, don't I." To that, Luna nodded an affirmative. "I thought so."

Now wanting to get down to business, so as to receive her payment as soon as possible, Luna began to ask Twilight a series of questions, "What would you like me to find out? And what would you like me to do if she isn't dreaming what you need her to dream about? Would you like me to play a prank on her as well?" Luna merely waited for a response, thinking about all of the marshmallows she could have.

"Well, I was wondering if you could find out if Celestia is dreaming about me, and if so, how is she dreaming about me? Nothing for your second question, and only if you want to for the third." Twilight responded, a sparkle of curiosity in her eyes.

With a look of mischief, Luna dashed off to her chambers to sleep. Meanwhile Twilight went to buy more bags of marshmallows, hoping to surprise Luna with the amount when she woke up. If Luna survived her surprise to talk with her, that is.

Celestia's Room, 0530, One Hour and Four Minutes Before Sunrise, Parchment on Desk

Celestia's Plan

Step 1. Pack for a year-long trip to the Everfree, away from Twilight's quest
Step 2. Tell Luna that I am going on a trip
Step 3. Leave the castle without telling anypony else
Step 4. One month later forge a letter stating that I am dead, and send it to Luna
Step 5. Live out rest of I love you Princ

"I love you, Princess," said Twilight, standing in the doorway while Celestia wrote her plan. She examined the paper and said, "I'm surprised that you think that any of this will work," Twilight stated. "After all, Luna is nearly in tears that you're going to become a monster in a year." Celestia's face was in shock, or in more shock than it previously was. "And nopony else knowing? Well, now I know. I also know that you won't be dead, at least not for another eleven months."

"And what about me? Am I not going to get to kiss you? Not even when you dream of me kissing you? Not to mention our loyal subjects, who always want to see their Princess. If don't think that's enough, then who would raise the sun? I can't without sacrificing something, and Luna would hate to be reminded of you every. Single. Day. But of course, that's merely my opinion." Twilight said, listing multiple reasons why Celestia would never be able to have this plan go into fruition.

To this Celestia just stuttered. Twilight had such a smooth voice, but it was cold too. It lashed against Celestia and froze her tongue so that she could not even speak. When she finally could, she had nothing to say. The Princess wanted to tell Twilight everything that she had been dreaming, but knew that she shouldn't as well. Until Twilight spoke again, that is.

"Oh, and Luna told me about all of your dirty dreams that you have. Thanks for loving me back. I'll see you at breakfast! Bye!" Twilight's voice seemed to have a hint of secrecy that the sun princess just could not place. When she was about to ask what Twilight had planned, she found that the purple mare had already left.

"I guess that I should start making a more efficient dream catcher, then. The one I have definitely does not recognize a night mare when it sees one." Celestia then stood up from her desk and started towards the kitchen. She had to go and find out what a certain alicorn was up to. Little did she know that she was walking straight into a trap....

Kitchen, 0545, Sunrise in Forty-Nine Minutes

Luna started chatting with Twilight about how she had recently acquired a maid outfit, and would lend it to her at the cost of five bags,of mini marshmallows. Twilight accepted, and waited for Celestia to arrive for the big moment.

DAWN OF THE FIRST DAY, 365 DAYS LEFT

Author's Note:

Only actual kiss was cut short by a prophecy so far! I'm not taking this fast at all!

Yeah, one day late. I realize that, but it's better than other fic currently. It's also short, but it will be getting longer! I hope! I seem to finally be getting the hang of author's notes as well! Drop a comment below and help me out with some constructive criticism! And if you read this, then leave a comment to show that you did, like "6 Days Until Impact." Thanks for the support!

Sincerely,
~FlameSwordedLink