• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 1,588 Views, 14 Comments

Fluttershy's Lullaby - SirusAstro

  • ...
3
 14
 1,588

|3| Simple Morning

Fluttershy opened her eyes, she seemed comfortable, she stared around. The atmosphere was familiar, it felt like a safe place. She looked around, she reconginzed the place, it was in her bedroom, but how did she end up here? The tired pegasus tried to ascend from her bed but something held it's grasp on her. She inverted herself, Fluttershy would've never assumed to see Bashful in her own bed. She smiled, he was sleeping at ease.

She didn't want to disturb him, but today was Saturday, both had something to do. So, Fluttershy decided to wake him peacefully yet in a fun way. She rubbed Bashful's neck, gently. The tickling sensation made Bashful laugh, soon, it woke him up. Fluttershy stopped as Bashful lit his eyes open.

Bashful smiled at the sight of Fluttershy, he loved her, of course. "Morning." He greeted with a lowered voice. Fluttershy wrapped her arms around him, he returned the action.

The rain outside started to decrease, sunshine was visible on the horizon. Pegasi started to remove the clouds to have rays of sun shine to finish off the crops and such. Birds began to chirp, the breezing wind was barely making sounds and plants seemed to be brighter than ever. Today was going to be a good day for Bashful and Fluttershy.

"So, um, are you hungry?" Fluttershy asked her love. Bashful chuckled and nodded yes. Fluttershy stood up from the bed, and trotted downstairs. She went into the kitchen to seek ingredients for breakfast. Then, from staring at apples on the counter, she got an idea. She'll make apple pie, Applejack once showed how to prepare it.

Five minutes later, Bashful walked into the kitchen and saw Fluttershy take out a delicious looking pie out of the oven. He grinned.

"Looks and smells delicious." Bashful complimented as he made his way to Fluttershy. Slightly startled, Fluttershy laid the pie on the table.

"Lets eat, we have something to do today."

"I...know." Fluttershy whispered to herself.


Twilight woke up to nothing on the ceiling, didn't seem any interesting to her. She stared at it for a good minute. After, she stood up, looking over Rarity- who slept next to Twilight. The lavender unicorn saw her number one assistant laying there on his little bed, he snored loudly, she didn't mind this. Twilight gave one last look at the two before quietly heading downstairs.

Twilight levitated a book from the shelf over to her. She settled it on the stand that was always by the window. The book titled; Romance: The reference guide usualy was something she read on her own time. She has read it more than once, taking notes each time. Twilight may have a pile of notes just for this book.

She stared at the book, with a frown on her face. Been a while since Twilight was in a relationship- which was when she was back in Canterlot. Her studies have been slowing down for a couple of months now due to being lonely.

She took a breath in and started reading the book again from where she left off. Twilight never told anyone of her problem, she thought it was pathetic and dull. It was all confusing for her, juggling her studies and finding her true love was difficult.

Suddenly, Twilight heard hoofsteps coming from upstairs. She quickly bookmarked her spot using the fabric strand attached to the book and then putting it back on the shelf.

"Twilight, are you down here?" The voice called out.

"Yes, over here." Twilight responded. The figure came down, it was only Rarity. Strange, she usually never woke up tbis early from her 'beauty' sleep. Twilight turned to her, making it not so suspicious about the book. She was just over-reacting, to her it was big thing.

"Um, Rarity, why are you up so early?" Twilight asked,m starting a conversation. Rarity yawned, also covering her mouth with her hoof.

"Well, actually, I heard you waking up which severely made me do the same."

"Oh, well i'm sorry."

"No need Twilight."

"So, tell me, why are you awke at such a time like this? It is much to early."

"Oh...I was just starting some early studies." Twilight laughed, though it was a fake one. Rarity didn't see it. The white unicorn still felt tired, she went back upstairs to rest once again. As she went back up, Spike was also coming down the stairs. His eyes slowly widened. He jogged to Twilight- who began skimming through the shelves.

"Twilight, why is Rarity here?"

"You seriously don't remember? She had to stay here for the night due the storm outside. You fainted, we had to take you upstairs to your bed."

"Oh, right. Well is there anything I have to do today?" Spike questioned, knowing there going to be chores to do.

"Actually, no, you could have the day off." Spike was suprised, this rarely occurs when Twilight has nothing for him to do, he went along with it smoothly.

"Really?! Your the best Twilight!" Spike proclaimed, hugging Twilight. She smiled at the affection she was given. Spike ran back upstairs to sleep in his little bed, perhaps for the rest of the day. Twilight returned to the books in front of her.


"Fluttershy, that was good, very good actually." Bashful levitated a napkin to his mouth, cleaning it. Fluttershy blushed.

"Thanks Bashful."

"Well, we have something to do, don't we." Fluttershy nodded, Bashful stood up. "Show me the way." Bashful rushed.

"Well, um, okay." Fluttershy stood up, walking to the door. Bashful followed behind her. She went out, looking over all her animals, she remembered she hasn't fed them breakfast yet. 'It won't take that long', she thought before trotting down the path.


It was a short walk before getting to Twilight's library. Fluttershy planned on just telling her before telling everyone. She knocked on the door. Twilight opened it, to a suprise.

"Hi Fluttershy and...who's that?" Twilight asked. Fluttershy cowarded back, Bashful saw and decided to answer for her.

"I'm Bashful, I am...Fluttershy's coltfriend."

"What?"

"That's right, we were going to tell you earlier but...Fluttershy seemed embarassed." Bashful began telling the entire story how they met and other stuff about himself. Twilight was...intrigued by this. Later on, Rarity came downstairs. She started with a 'who is that' question. Twilight told her it was Fluttershy's coltfriend.

"Really? Oh, that is magnificent, dear Fluttershy! Very proud of you, didn't know you had this in you. And might I add that he is very handsome." She said, glaring at Bashful. He chuckled. "So, Bashful, tell me about yourself."

"Well, I'll say it again I guess. I'm a writer, poet actually, love reading and well I do have a soft side for animals." He stated in a short description.

"Fascinating" Rarity announced. "Well, not to be rude but I have to leave and head back to my boutique, nice meeting you all. Thanks you Twilight by the way." Rarity finished before leaving.

"So, you like reading books?" Twilight asked, changing the subject.

"I really do, a lot. Also a big fan of Romance." Bashful responded.

"Well, lucky you since this is a library, you could borrow some anytime you want."

"Gee, thanks Twilight."

"Um, Twilight?" Fluttershy said.

"Yes, Fluttershy."

"Actually, um, I came here to tell you about Bashful and was...hoping you would tell the rest, i'm scared to tell them myself."

"Oh, I will do that, even though Rarity knows now but i'll tell the others about this. I'm sure they'll be excited for you Fluttershy, I know I am." Twilight said sheepishly.

"Thanks Twilight. Um, I have to go...I forgot to feed my animals, if that's alright with you."

"No problem Fluttershy, also, it was nice meeting you Bashful."

"It was nice meeting you too Twilight, i'll take up that offer on borrowing books." Bashful chuckled before leaving the library with Fluttershy. Twilight stood there, frozen with a feeling she can't confirm. Spike, feeling tired, came down the stairs hearing the front door close.

"Who was that?" He yawned.

"It was somepony...Spike?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I have a crush on somepony"