• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 1,589 Views, 14 Comments

Fluttershy's Lullaby - SirusAstro

  • ...
3
 14
 1,589

|2| Under the Storm

Fluttershy glanced out her window, the approaching storm wasn't far from Ponyville. The pegasi insisted on setting up a rainy day today to help grow crops, especially for Sweet Apple Acres to grow more of their delicious apples. Fluttershy didn't mind it though, today, her love is going to pay her a visit.

Fluttershy cleaned up the inside of her cottage- even though it was pure as it is. She did this to pass the time. The kind pegasus dusted off her shelves, organized the items around, and she decided to clean herself up as well. She went to grab her brush, which was where she always made herself look beautiful. Though, all sat their was the brush, she was a beauty already, that was all she need and wanted.

Fluttershy was interrupted by a knock on her front door. She knew who it was, she galloped to the door. She slowed down, not make herself seem too excited. Fluttershy readied herself, she opened the door.

"Rarity?" Fluttershy was confused. She wasn't expecting one of her friends, why was she here?

"Hello, dear Fluttershy. Are you ready to go?" Rarity said, preparing for an answer, she go a question instead.

"Go where?" Fluttershy asked, still wondering. Rarity gasped.

"To the spa or course! Today is our weekly get together, you should know Fluttershy. D-did you forget?" Rarity took a breathe in.

"Well, actually I did forget...I'm sorry. It's just I had...other plans for today." Fluttershy admitted. Rarity seemed confused, Fluttershy never has any plans- other than feeding the animals -she isn't very busy. And thats when an idea came to Fluttershy.

"Well, what are your other plans, dear Flutershy?" Rarity asked, stopping Fluttershy's thoughts.

"I, uh, have to feed the animals! Yes...that's it." Fluttershy lied.

"Oh, well, maybe we'll get together next week, nice seeing you Fluttershy." Rarity finished, before leaving the cottage. Fluttershy watched her somewhat disapointed friend leave her cottage. Fluttershy began to feel a little bad, she has never rejected her friend before. Fluttershy sighed, silently.

She waited there, patiently, for her beloved. Today, Bashful had the day off just to spend it with Fluttershy. Hopefully his class doesn't mind.

After five minutes of waiting, somepony knocked on the door. Fluttershy trotted to it, she opened it, Bashful stood on the other side. She smiled and so did he.

"Hi Fluttershy." Bashful started. Fluttershy came closer to him, she rested her head on his. "I missed you too." He added.

"It was...um, really nice of you to come Bashful." Fluttershy said, clasping him. Bashful released the embrace.

"I have something to show you." He levitated a book out from his saddle. "It's a book I want to read to you, like to hear it?" Bashful asked. Fluttershy stared at the ground, not for long, she nodded yes. Fluttershy went to sit down on her couch, Bashful followed with the book still levitating by his magic. Bashful laid the book on table set in front of the couch. He sat down next to Fluttershy, who was already settled.

"So, what's it called?" Fluttershy asked, wondering.

"It's called Heart by T. Love, i've been a real fan of his work for quite a while now. It is a love story, I thought i'd read it to you." Bashful replied.

"Um...Sure Bashful, I would love to hear it." Fluttershy requested.

"Alright then, lets begin, Chapter 1: First Introductions..."


Meanwhile, Twilight was organizing books in her library, like she does every week or so. She concentrated as she shuffled the books with her magic, putting one by one in thier proper place. While Twilight was arranging the books, a knock was heard.

"Ugh, Spike could you get that for me?" Twilight growled.

"Sure thing, Twilight." Spike answered, jogging to the door. He twisted the doorknob thus opening the door. "Oh, Hi Rarity!" Spike said as his cheeks blushed.

"Hello, Spikey wikey." Rarity exclaimed, blinking every so elegantly at him. The beauty of her made him faint, Rarity chuckled. "Twilight, are you around?"

"Over here Rarity." Twilight proclaimed. Rarity began walking towards her, she saw her shuffling the books, Twilight seemed to be struggling.

"Need any assistance Twilight?" Twilight simply nodded no. "Oh, well if that's fine with you." Rarity sighed, loudly.

"So, Rarity, why did you come here? Did you need help with something?" Twilight asked, still arranging the books in order.

"Oh, nothing, just that Fluttershy rejected me to go the spa." Rarity beamed.

"She did, why?" Twilight asked as she laid the books down on the ground.

"Well, I went to her cottage, I told her that today was our weekly get together, she said she had "Other plans", I had no idea what she meant and she hardly has any plans." Rarity finished.

"Well that is odd of her, it isn't really like her. What do you think her plans were?" Twilight interogated. Rarity walked around, glaring at her surroundings, Spike was still fainted. She laughed.

"Maybe we should figure out Fluttershy's plans, no?"

"Have you seen outside, it raining!"

"It is?!" Rarity proclaimed. She looked out one of the windows and sure enough it already pouring. "That's a real shame! I don't even have an umbrella on me!" Rarity whined.

"Rainbow Dash told me that the storm is going last atleast until tomorow. I know you, you won't even step outside due being afraid of being dirty. I understand, the two options right now is either you stay the night over or go home while in the rain." Twilight asserted. Rarity took another look outside, it was raining, hard. Rarity, being a clean pony, had no other choice.

"Looks like i'm staying here."

Spike suddenly arose from his sleep, he glared around to figure out what happened. He saw Twilight talking to Rarity, he wanted to know what they were discussing about.

"Oh, hey guys, what's going on?" Spike inquired.

"Rarity is staying for the night." Spike instantly fainted again.


""...letting his fitful flights of fancy carry him away to happiness as he slept." End of chapter one, did you like it?" Bashful waited for answer, closing the book. He turned to his beloved who was sound asleep. He kissed on the forehead and put her head safetly on the couch. He stood and walked to the exit, he opened the door, with a shock he realized it was raining. He turned to Fluttershy and whispered to himself.

"Looks like i'm staying for the night."