• ...
9
 42
 2,034

vows to be kept.

Every pony stood as the doors swung open to reveal her, the supposed “blushing bride.”

What a lie. She thought to herself. A blushing bride is one who is happy and has fallen hard for that one guy who holds her heart out of love, not because it was forcibly shoved into their open hooves. Her cheeks were not the light rose of her eyes as expected for a bride but instead a pale powder blue, paler than her usual cyan color. Lines of wetness made marks across her cheeks, her face hidden behind the shimmering white veil.

She began the slow walk down the aisle. It was hard to tell if the aisle was too short or too long. Why did it feel that even though every step seemed to last years but in a few she was already halfway down the aisle way, to go into the arms or one she didn’t know.

It seemed as if she had aged so much in the time it took to make it to the end of that too short aisle.

The steps up to the altar seemed to be the worst. Six steps she thought, one for each friends I have to leave. For a pony with hollow bones she felt like each bone was filled with lead, dragging her down.

At the top of the stairs she stood beside a stallion. With a quick glance through the veil she saw a somewhat familiar face, one that seemed to echo out of a dream.

Or a nightmare in this situation. She supposed.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-

There was something familiar about this mare.

Soarin looked at her carefully, striving to not only remember what he could from wings and body shape, but also trying to make sure it didn’t look like he was checking her out. From what he assumed from earlier, the mare had seven brothers and they certainly looked like they didn’t approve of the young wonderbolt. For a reason unknown his eyes kept slowly drifting up to the mane hidden beneath the veil.

From the bun on top he got a flash of color, not giving much to her identity. Is it green? Blue? Purple? from what it appeared it seemed to be all three, an unlikely thing. Many ponies had two colors to their manes but three or more was unlikely or unheard of. All except for one mare…nah she would never do this sort of thing…would she?

-0-0-0-0-0-0-

“Dearly beloved we are…” the preacher’s wheezy voice was distant in her mind.

I know this guy…maybe… she was glad the veil hid her eyes as she studied the pony before her. Pale blue coat with a navy blue mane.

Well…now I at least know something about him. He’s blue, she almost laughed out loud, managing to stop it quickly and turn it into a soft giggle snort. For a second she caught him looking at her with a smile and instinctively ducked away, blushing, even though she was sure he couldn't see her face, while the preacher continued to drone on…

-0-0-0-0-0-0-

She’s got an adorable giggle snort… I hope she wasn’t giggle snorting at me. Soarin took a chance and gave her a small smile, hoping to make her at least a little but more open to the idea them being together, taking her little duck away as a sign of her at least slightly warming up to him.

Looking to his side he could see Spits and the others attempting to look professional while all but ogling at the soon to be newlyweds. Surprise leaned over the others and said in a loud whisper “She’s cute!” as across the altar he faintly heard the bubbly looking mare whisper yell the same thing to the bride with the exception of the “she” to a “he”. Turning back he flashed the mystery mare a grin.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Great, now pinkie of all ponies is supporting this stupid thing… but he does look kind of cute. He actually looks a lot like that one wonderbolt… her gaze drifted over to his party and her heart missed a beat as she recognized the best mare.

“No.” she whispered softly as then she saw the rest of the group were too part of the famous flying team. The Wonderbolts.

It… it can’t be… she thought looking back to the groom, adrenaline dumping into her veins as thoughts raced across her mind faster than one author is able to type. Involuntarily her wings twitched, slightly opening and closing, the feathers rustling softly.

“Keep still! You are going to ruin the preening job Fluttershy did!” Rarity’s whisper cut across the aisle. She could hear the soft chuckles in the crowd but her wings still twitched. If she hadn’t blushed before she surely was now, cheeks hot with embarrassment.

Great, can this day get worse?

“And I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now lift the veil and kiss the bride.”

Yes it can. she thought, dread overcoming her as the pale blue hooves rose to reach the bottom of the veil.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-

His hooves softly held the veil and as he slowly lifted it he felt as if he were a male version of daring doo attempting to safely get the sapphire statue from its pedestal. note to self, in situations like this, don’t’ think of metaphors like that.

As he lifted, he got the look of a muzzle with the bottom lip pulled slightly in from where I was being bitten. Higher he saw rose colored eyes and tear stained cheeks.

Did I make her cry? Great. Barely married and I make her cry.

Raising the veil, he revealed a part that puzzled him, I…I thought her mane was cool colored. as a tricolored set bangs fell in front of her eyes. Red, orange and yellow hairs created three perfect stripes. Gasps echoed from his group of friends as they recognized her.

All of a sudden it became so clear

Blue coat

Rose colored eyes

And a six colored mane

At the same time and as their first words as husband and wife they said “Sweet Celestia save me.”

Author's Note:

Sorry about the lateness
Been busy in drama and such with rehearsals.
I’ve got plans for this and I hope it turns out for the better
Also since November is officially over, at least in this present frame of time, happy holidays to all
I send all many hugs
:heart::heart::heart::heart:
Until I send next :twilightsmile: