• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 6,301 Views, 299 Comments

Torn Between Two Worlds - Alex Barkhorn



A lonely, withdrawn brony meets his favorite characters - in human form, and in his world!

  • ...
12
 299
 6,301

Chapter 6

"Gray?" I called out, snapping my fingers in my unconscious friend's ears. I frowned in slight annoyance. How cliche of him to pass out in a time like this!

"Will he be okay?" Twilight asked, popping her head over my left shoulder.

"I'm sure he'll be fine," I replied simply. Gray began to mumble and stir, which was a good indicator that he was about to come to.

"I think he's waking up," Fluttershy added, peeking over my right shoulder. Gray's eyes began to open, just as the other four peeked over from behind me. If Gray wasn't so out of it, it would have been quite the comical view.

"Wakey-wakey, Mister Gray!" Pinkie sang out. That definitely helped Gray wake up, and he bolted upright, sitting straight with wide, racing eyes.

"Alex, tell me this is all a cruel joke," He asked worriedly, looking between each of the girls.

"Oh, is he another one that knows 'bout us?" AJ asked me.

"Well..." I began, ignoring Applejack's question, obvious as it was.

"Allow me to explain," Twilight cut in, catching Grayson's full attention. "Me and my friends were running late for an appointment..." She began, cutting Rarity an accusing glare, who smiled sheepishly in response. "...So, I tried a mass teleportation spell. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough practice with it yet, and rushed it. The rest, I'm sure you can figure out."

When Twilight finished her rather short explanation, Grayson seemed to be believing it all. "So...You're really Twilight Sparkle?" He asked quietly, earning a nod from the black and purple haired girl. "Why are you...?"

"Human? I assume it has to do with some sort of trans-dimensional-"

"English," Rainbow Dash cut in rudely. Twilight grumbled something under her breath and huffed.

"Basically, the spell made us human when it brought us here. At least, that's my theory. The dumbed down version," She said, giving Rainbow Dash another look. She only returned the look with a smug grin.

"Then...You're all really...?!" Gray trailed off, his eyes alight with wonder. They nodded their heads, although they were giving him a rather strange look. "No way!" He shouted in delight, causing a few of us to wince. "Oh, man, this is so cool! I can't wait to show my little sister, she - "

"Whoa, Gray, shut up, will ya?!" I hissed, grabbing him and lightly but firmly pinning him against the wall. "No one can know about this. They can't know about this. What're we gonna tell them? 'Hey, I'm a brony, here are my favorite characters'? Think about it, man." I stated calmly. Gray thought for a minute, before looking back at me.

"Alright. This is our secret, then." He said, extending a clenched fist. I smiled gratefully, bumping knuckles with him.

"Shiny, then. Now that you're here, I could use your help," I started, looking back at the girls.

"What with?" He asked, straightening his shirt.

"I need to find out what to do with them. They have no contact with Spike, Celestia...Or anyone in Equestria, really..." I replied, still looking at the girls, who shifted their attention back to the tv.

"What's the plan, then?" He asked. I thought for a few moments, before turning to look back at them.

"Honestly? I don't know. All I do know is that I can't keep them in this house forever. Sooner or later, one of them is gonna break out." I replied, glancing at Pinkie, knowing she'd be the first. Her, or Dashie.

"Looks like we have a problem on our hands," I heard Gray say. I looked over, quirking a brow in mild confusion.

"...'We'?" I inquired. Gray smirked and nodded.

"Of course. We're brony's, aren't we?" He asked with a slight chuckle. I returned the smirk and nodded, clasping him on the shoulder.

"Whyn'tcha introduce yourselves to them?" I said. I could tell he had to suppress a fanboy-worthy squeal when he nodded, and walked over to the girls. I sighed and shook my head, rubbing my tired eyes.

This was probably gonna be a long few days, I decided.