• Published 8th Oct 2013
  • 398 Views, 5 Comments

Hell Bound - Foxes33



Years have passed and the Mane 6 are dead when they are needed most. A young mare is tricked into letting a large horde of demons free. She now suffers a slight amnesia, she remembers the betrayal and what she had done, but her name is forgotten.

  • ...
 5
 398

Weeks in Time

3. Weeks in Time

It had been three and a half weeks since Shadow was injured. She wasn't quite healed, but her cuts were healed, some already making scars, but her ribs still hurt. Broken was getting her to go outside for walks, but of course he had to accompany her to make sure she didn't get hurt. She was able to fly, but not at a fast speed, her wings still quite sore. Broken had a feeling they were sprained and that was why thy hurt a little still. However Broken still made her curious, he was strange and different, and when she actually saw his eyes, they were dark green, almost clouded.

Most would probably mock her, saying that she crushed on him, but that wasn't true, there was something else, and Shadow could sense it was dark. She laid in her small bed, thinking of what it could be. Was he an assassin? Perhaps he was a helper in the freedom of demons? She felt like she had to know, but her time was getting cut short. She had to leave soon, she had to fix her mistakes, and the only way was to get rid of the demons that were still in Equestria. She slid off the bed and onto her hooves, the boards below her squealed.

She began to walk, only feeling a slight stinging, nothing she could ignore. She got to the dark brown wood door and pushed it open in the room where Broken normally was, but he wasn't here. Maybe he had gone out scouting? Shadow cocked her head and let out a sigh, so much for questions. She opened the door to the outside world, feeling the warm sunlight hit her face. There was a slight breeze and everything was getting colder for winter. She closed the door behind her, and opened up to the embrace of the wind that seemed to wrap around her.

Her black mane was blown back and it felt great to feel nature again. The trees loomed high with the colors of Fall, making the forest almost seem alive. The small stream trickled down the smooth rocks into a pool of water. It was midday and Shadow had a bad feeling, Broken normally told her when he was going out to do scouting, did something happen? She knew that he wouldn't get up and leave, but he would be more of a coward then she had thought, although Shadow highly doubted it. Leaving her to one conclusion, he died or he was just a back stabber.

She growled, her face feeling warm with anger, if he just went up and left, he was nothing more then a jerk. That was when she noticed something, on the rocks of the stream. Like most people she recognized the dark red colors of blood. For a second she was horrified that the creature was still here, but how did she not notice. Maybe she had been napping, and this had happened, but she hardly slept, or maybe last night an animal was killed by the evil shadow beasts, but there was something there. She walked forward, hesitant, afraid to go into the clearing and become exposed to the demons.

However Shadow pushed on, to see there was a trail of blood, whatever did this wanted something for later. It was close to the cabin where her and Broken stayed for the time being, she could just let it be around here, it would be too much of a risk.

Sorry Broken, that is if your didn't betray me. Shadow thought.

She didn't have long, but who knew when the beast would be back. She went across the stepping stones and got to the other side. Some fear still cluttered her mind, but she didn't care anymore, even if Broken was gone, he wanted to stay here for maybe two more days or at least until she was very strong. She kept going, the shadows of the trees making it gloomy, but she felt it was right. As though her sins made her knew this was somewhat where she belonged, in the shadows where she could be a silent killer.

She walked slowly, only to make sure she was following the trail, however soon she found a clearing, drenched in warm sunlight. She hesitated, then that was when she became shocked to who was there.

Broken? But that isn't possible, he wouldn't be a murdered, would he? Has he just been playing me like this? In such a simple way? Shadow thought and ducked down.

She watched to see that there was something different with Broken, he was shaking, as though beaten, a pony that was dead at his side. Maybe it was a friend, maybe he needed help? Yet Shadow was unsure, but guilt was eating at her from the inside, climbing and giving her an aching feeling. She was somewhat scared he would see her, so her legs quivered, was this what spying felt like? She had to come out.

Shadow lifted herself and forced herself forward, and Broken's ears pricked and he turned his whole body, backing away.

"Broken? What's wrong?" She asked, stopping where she was, there was something different about him.

His eyes seemed to flicker with black and dark green, it was strange. Her heart thudded, for she was scared of what was wrong, was it something to dread? However she breathed, soothing herself and just looked back up at Broken.

"Broken tell me. What's going on?" Shadow said, courage in her voice.

"Go, just go away." Was all he said until he turn and ran.

Shadow went forward, immediately she felt her sides burn from injury. She knew she would catch up to him, it wasn't possible with her injuries. She was at a disadvantage, but she knew what she had to do. She had to catch up, if there was something wrong with her only ally, she wanted to help.

"Broken! Come.. on, I-I .... still can't run.... well." She huffed, even though she knew he wouldn't stop, he wouldn't come back.

She felt abandoned, he had just ran off, leaving her to fend for herself. She felt tears in her eyes, was there something wrong with her? Was she no longer a pony? She laid under a tree, not wanted to know. Her thoughts buzzed and her stomach ached, as night fell she heard something. She hoped it was Broken, but instead it was a large demon, large then the one that had broken her ribs.

She was already cornered from her stupidity, and she was trapped. She could slam forward, she couldn't fight. Her heart thudded and she knew all she could do was yell.

"Help! Somepony, anypony!" She screeched, trying to back further into the tree.

The large arm of the beat was about to slam down on her. She could feel her heart beating and she was scared, she coward down, until she realized, nothing came. She lifted her head and opened her eyes to see Broken was back. Rage instantly filled her, so first this pony just runs off and scares her half to death. He had maybe saved her life again, but she couldn't help,but to be mad.

"What the hell Broken?! You run off, and scare the me half to death only to come back and act like a hero?! What is wrong with you?!" She yelled, in a furious tone.

"Please, Shadow listen, I have a good reason." Broken said, looking down at the ground.

That was when Shadow noticed his eyes were normal, no longer being strange, but there was something else behind them and she could tell.

"Okay then tell me." Shadow said.

"Not here, I would rather keep it a secret, so no wondering ponies can know." He explained.

He began to lead her through the forest and to an old ruin, taking her inside.

"Listen Shadow, I am not a regular pony. As you can tell. I know you saw my eyes." He began.

Shadow just nodded, admitting she had seen his eyes flicker, but what was the secret? Everyone was different, so why did it matter.

"I am a... half breed." He admitted, looking away, as though embarrassed.

"What? What do you mean by half breed?" She questioned.

She soon shivered at the thought and took a few seconds to look where they were. There was a hole in the sides and it was made of stone, it was old and cold, she shivered from the cold.

"I am half demon. That is why I tell no one. they will just, run." He said, his voice fading off.

She just looked, knowing he was an outcast, she knew she had done this, but what had he done?

"I won't run. Broken you are good, besides worst has been done. You helped me, but I do have to go. I am sorry, please, don't take it wrong, but I am on a mission." She said and began to walk away.

"Wait. I want to come with you. Besides, you will need help considering how loud you were screaming back there." He said, laughing at his joke.

"Shut up!" Shadow said, laughing herself.

Maybe this adventure was for two.