• Published 10th Oct 2013
  • 433 Views, 8 Comments

Story of the Shadowmane - Navras97



A ancient secret kept secret by the immortal alicorns Celestia and Luna now awakens silently under their muzzles and tries to live a normal life among the Mane 6, unaware of this secret's origin.

  • ...
15
 8
 433

Help

I am so relieved to be a pony again instead of that weird two-legged thing. The ride back to Ponyville seems longer than before, mostly because I keep nodding my head in exhaustion. I couldn’t sleep at all since my friends keep asking me about the world I was in. I don’t even know how to describe it. Weird? Awesome? Crazy? I’m just gonna say all of the above. The first thing I do when I get back is crawl to bed. As we all exit the train I promised all the girls that I’ll tell them my experience when I’m able to. They all groan and say their good nights. “Finally, good night Spike” I say as I flop into bed. “Good night Twilight” Spike responded after a long yawn. I slip into sleep instantly. The next few days were relatively normal on Ponyville standards. That is until after a month when I go to bed...


“Free me…” a wispy voice in my dream said.

“What the-“I find myself in a dark and cold room. I can feel every feather in my wings stand up and ready to fall off. The room is narrow, rectangular, and grey. No lights, furniture, nothing just a blank room.

“Freeee meee…” ahead of me is complete darkness; the voice is coming from a distance. I start to gallop involuntarily and find myself going faster and faster. “Freeeeee meeeee…” I going from galloping to flying now, I’m going even faster.

“Who is that? Where are you??” It gets even colder now, my muzzle is starting to go numb, but I’m going faster. I didn’t know I can go this fast on wings, I think I’m faster than Rainbow Dash by now. I can’t keep my eyes open with this much wind pressure. “Whhhhyyyyy” the voice sounds closer; I can feel cold fog on the floor as I zip past.

“Help meeee” it sounds like it’s closer in front of me now. My body begins to decelerate; I can’t open my eyes still. Now my whole body is still, rigid freezing than ever. I slowly open my eyes; I found the source of the voice. The figure it… looks like an ice sculpture, shaped like a pony. A stallion to be more specific based on the heads shape, but it looks far too sloppy work for it to be an ice sculpture. I’m feeling a presence coming from the sculpture. Was this pony frozen? This dream feels too realistic for me to be my imagination. I charge a kinetic force spell, to hopefully break him out. The moment the spell hit him, I get a brief flash of an image. I use the spell again and get a slightly slower flash. I still can’t make it out, it’s blurry and sudden, and I need to keep hitting him. The more I use the spell, the clearer the picture is. It’s the wooden horse head carving, in the center of the library. “Help me….” The voice echo is endless. “Twilight, Twilight, Twilight, Twilight” the voice gets louder and monstrous, Can’t cover my ears, my body’s too frozen! “TWILIGHT, SAVE ME! TWILIGHT!” Its ear piercing! I let out a yell of agony!


I burst out of bed, breathing heavily, beads of sweat running down my face; Spike was shaking me to wake up. It’s already morning, and Pinkie Pie is beside my bed. It’s not every day Pinkie Pie looks seriously worried. “Are you okay Twilight?” Pinkie asked.

“Yeah… I’m fine… really…” I slowly replied, catching my breath.

“Did you have a nightmare? Nightmares are soooooooo terrible!” Pinkie’s about to go into her chatting sprees again, I need to stop her, my annoyance span is at a smaller limit right now.

“I’ll be okay Pinkie, trust me, I just need to be alone for a while, you too Spike.”

“Well… okay Twilight, just holler when you need me” Spike assured. Pinkie and Spike left the library; I head downstairs to the lobby. What did that dream mean? Why was there a frozen stallion? Was that pony frozen intentionally? He sounded like he was in pain. And what does all of this have to do with the Wood carving in the lobby? I can’t put my hoof on it. I should just ignore it; it was probably just a nightmare like Pinkie Pie said… a very, realistic and vivid nightmare.

After the Harmony Festival, celebrating peace and harmony throughout Equestria, I said my goodnights to my friends and Spike and I went back home. The dream I had that morning I never spoke about with my friends. They’ll all probably just think I need to stop reading my spell tomes and rest my eyes for a while. “Will you be fine tonight “asked Spike? I gently grin, reassuring him,

“don’t sweat it Spike, it was just a nightmare, go get some shuteye.”

“Okay, good night.” Spike fell asleep quicker than usual. I start to close my eyes, but I can’t seem to fall asleep. I’ve gotten used to sleeping with wings. So it shouldn’t be so hard. Twisting and turning didn’t help either. Spike must be knocked out harder than Rarity after her tailoring request from Cadence herself. I feel so drowsy right now, I don’t if I’m half-conscious or in bed right now…

“Over here.” A voice said in my head. Is it in my head? I think it’s coming from in front of me. I don’t even know, I’m like a zombie right now. I see a silhouette, looks like a pony, but it’s too blurry. It’s going downstairs; I… need to follow it… I’ve got to stay awake. The silhouette is disappearing and reappearing, and now it stopped. I managed to go down the stairs to where the pony is without passing out; the pony is in front of me now. The silhouette is growing taller, transforming into another pony I think. Its horn just got much longer, a gorgeous flowing mane is released, the fur becomes a snow white with a hint of pink, a shimmering crown with an amethyst appears, and warm loving purple eyes lock on me. I can tell from the figure that it was.

“P…princess…C-celestia…?” I spit out. Her majesty turns around, staring at the wooden horse head carving. Then something catches my eye, I can’t tell exactly my vision is too blurry, something shiny falls from her Highness’ face and breaks upon the floor. I…I think it was… a tear. Princess Celestia hardly ever cries. More tears fell from her face, a small puddle of the Princess’ tears were starting to form. I can hear soft sobbing from the silhouette. My eyes drift to the case holding the Elements of Harmony. My crown begins to start glowing in a pulsating manner, faster and faster. Then it settles down again in perfect placement. Dreams are supposed to be recollection of what your mind knows, not what it didn’t know.

This isn’t a dream; this is a vision, a vision of prophecy. The silhouette, the Princess, slowly fades away. I’m all alone again… I can’t keep my eyelids half open anymore. I collapse on the floor. What is going on in these visions I’ve been having? Am I just going crazy? Do all alicorns experience these visions? I can’t deny the truth and all the hard clues and questions that need to be answered. I’ll gather up my friends tomorrow… and maybe… we can… solve this… zzzzzz…