• Published 2nd Oct 2013
  • 13,005 Views, 37 Comments

For love or for Pain? - Applejack is best peach



Applejack leads a life consisting of chores, social get togethers with her friends, and being generally pleasant to everyone she meets. What happens when one of her closest friends attempts to admit her true feelings toward her?

  • ...
6
 37
 13,005

A simple request

Applejack sat in the west orchards, gazing out upon her family's adored apple orchard, the tips of which were glistening from last night's dew clinging onto the leaves as Celestia's morning sun brought them to life. Applejack had just completed her first job of the day, which she mentally ticked off in her head. Alright pull yourself together Aj, it's something ya see every day. Guess that don't stop it from bein' beautiful though. Now that the baskets were laid under the trees, Applejack was free to move on with her day. She began a calm canter back to the barn where she preferred to begin her bucking.
As she neared the barn however there was a barley visible visitor idly pacing from one end of the barn door to the other. As Applejack neared the barn she took note of the lavender coat on the pony, and a soft smile crept it's way onto her lips, she also heard the pony muttering something currently not comprehensible. Typical Twi, caught up in her big old head. Wonder what she's thinkin about.

"Well howdy there Twi! what brings you down to the farm?" To this Twilight visibly seemed shocked, it was as if she didn't expect to find anyone else at the farm. She quickly recovered however.

"Applejack! What a surprise seeing you here".

"Erm, Twi, this is where Ah live".

"Yes! Yes it is!" Twilight began avoiding Applejack's eyes, and started prodding the ground, as if she had suddenly dropped her confidence and excepted to find it buried there.

"Are you alright sugarcube? You're acting mighty strange darlin'."

"Me!? Oh you know, this and that. It's just that, what with you being... You know, the most honest, and er ... dependable pony, yes, that was it! erm, a-and you know the whole element of Honesty thing as well, you kind of have to... well what I mean to say, no want I mean to ask, is... Well.." There was now a visible tone of crimson accompanying the lavender of Twilight's cheeks.

"Twi, You're startin to scare me." Applejack moved closer to Twilight in an attempt to calm her, she added a reassuring hoof to the shaking Mare's back.

Twilight shivered and shook for a few more moments then took in the deep breaths that the 'how to handle stress' book had taught her. She then slowly tilted her head up, and gazed into the endless emerald jeweled eyes before her. "If I asked you... If I asked you a question you would answer me honestly, right?".

Applejack was frankly taken back by this question, what could have gotten Twi so worried? "Of course Twi anything you wanna know all you ever gotta do is ask" Twilight's mood visibly lifted at this and a grin slowly began to occupy more and more of her face, until she was left a grin that would leave Pinkie Pie jealous.

"Really?! Oh that's great news! Thanks Aj!" And with that burst of excitement Twilight hastily embraced Applejack in a hug and then galloped down the farm heading, to the gate while yelling at the top of her lungs, "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!" Until her voice was lost in among the trees. As Twilight disappeared beyond the gate that lead to Ponyville, Applejack stood, shocked, confused and worried.

"You're welcome?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rarity had completed her last lengthy orders, and felt that she had deserved to finally open the imported exquisite tea all the way from the Crystal empire. As she elegantly trotted out of her workshop and down the stairs she began reaching out with her magical abilities, first task was to undo the casing of the pot of tea, check. Next was to fill the kettle and begin heating the water then the mil...

The door to the boutique was suddenly surrounded in a lavender aura, the door then flew open slamming against the opposite wall. "I did it! I did it!" It took Rarity a while to recover from the sudden shocking thought that she was being burgled. When she did recover she took note of the spilled water and milk on the floor and table. She finally managed to tear her eyes from the mess she had made and breathed a sigh of relief that the tea had at least been spared.

"Good morning, Twilight. I see that you have been spending time with Rainbow dash, but in the future please do try and knock before bursting through my front door." Twilight's excitement dispelled slightly and a sheepish grin took its place on her mouth.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Rarity! but, I did it! I finally did it and I just needed to talk to someone about it, and you have been so helpful therefore you were my first choice!" Twilight had now reverted back to her school filly act and was jumping around the room.

"Oh my goodness do you mean, you?..."

"Yes I finally did it, it took all of my courage and everything you taught me! but it was all so worth it. Oh my goodness I'm so happy!" Rarity had also grown incredibly exited and was on the verge of following in twilight's bounds, her lady like ways were holding her back by a thread, she settled for simply cantering on the spot and grinning to her heart's content.

"Darling this is simply wonderful news! I knew you could do it if you put your mind to it! I am ever so proud of you" The two eventually stopped their erratic movements.

"I know, I know, I know! And thank you Rarity so much, you have been such a great support." Twilight then embraced Rarity in a vice grip hug.

"Darling.... Need to ...." Rarity wheezed.

"Oh sorry Rarity, I am just so ecstatic at the moment".

Once she had recovered her breath Rarity directed them to the couch, of course not before mixing them a cup of expensive tea. "Alright darling tell me exactly what happened, I want details!" Twilight was more than happy relive conversation between her and Applejack.

"... And so I asked her if she would be honest with me and she said ... YES!" Twilight finished her tale with a squeal that could have easily been mistook for Fluttershy. Rarity who had up until this point been utterly engaged and overjoyed took on a very skeptical face as the information was processed. Then her face deadpanned.

"Twilight?"

"Yes?" Twilight answered, still grinning ear to ear.

"You didn't tell her, did you?"

"Well not exactly, but at least I know that When I do tell her she will be completely honest with me, right?".

"Darling you know as well as I that Applejack would never lie to you or anyone else unless the truth would be unbearable in which case she would try her attempt at a lie which is as see through as a glass window".

"I guess you're right" Twilight's mood dropped completely and she now sat on the couch, head in her hoofs lightly sobbing "Oh I'm such an idiot! Why couldn't I just tell her?" Rarity immediately rushed over to her weeping friend and began to comfort her.

"Oh there, there Twilight, it's as I said these things take a lot of time and dedication. Besides if you truly love her, which I am sure you do then just give it time, there is absolutely no reason to rush this." Twilight seemed calmed by her generous friend and began to regain her composure.

"You're right, of course you are. I'm just being silly again don't mind me" She chuckled, then stood up from the couch. "Well if it's alright with you Rarity I'll be heading back to the library I need to think some things over".

Rarity accompanied her friend to the door "Oh, but of course darling take all the time you need, but do remember I am always here, as are all of your friends. We are here to help you."

"Oh I know and I can't thank you enough for it!" With another hug they bid farewell. Twilight began her journey back to the library, she had successfully wasted a whole morning and accomplished absolutely nothing. She breathed an exhausted sigh and let her mind drift to thoughts of Applejack.

Author's Note:

My first Fanfic guys! Hope it is at the very least tolerable, I know its pretty bad but I think I gave it a pretty good shot, would appreciate any feedback, I'll upload another chapter as soon as I can, again hope at least the blood that is most likely dripping from your eyes after reading this didn't land on your keyboard and mess it up ;) Also I know it's short but I'll lengthen the next, pinkie promise.