• Published 7th Nov 2013
  • 1,736 Views, 25 Comments

Doctor Whooves: The Angels of Canterlot - Rarity Belle



Celestia takes a couple new statues from ancient times into the garden. Though the statues happen to be everything but stone statues. Hurled into the land of ponies, the Doctor must find the cause quick as he can and stop it. Before it's too late.

  • ...
4
 25
 1,736

The time of ponies and Angels

Twilight had started to dart around. All the way up to the point she was chasing her own tail for all she cared. All while the cowgirl kept an eye on the Angel in the room. The upcoming answer of the Angel was something the unicorn didn't want to hear but she never dared to interfere with the Doctor’s affairs. The places and names she had heard went even far above her own expertise. It was rather obvious to her that the Doctor was the highest authority in their situation and she just had to deal with that fact. And thus hear the relieving or crushing words.

Applejack on the other end noticed just how bad Twilight was doing. She patted a spot next to her for her to sit down. Twilight kept turning around on her spot before she finally got the silent sign. The unicorn knew that she needed some comfort. Just the sheer thought alone was crushing and with the silence growing all the more present, it seemed like they were playing a game.

When Twilight took position next to Applejack, the cowgirl placed her hoof over both of the shoulders of the insecure unicorn. She began to hum some comforting notes as she would have done for her little sister. The soothing tones had some effect upon the mulberry mare. She did became a lot calmer, though Applejack could feel the heart racing and beating within the throat. For the first time since they had defeated Nightmare Moon, Applejack felt the fear she had within her body clear. She just irradiated it like it was nothing. And she couldn't blame her given the situation they were in.

“So the Angels from the Byzantium were sucked through the crack in space and time, that would mean they entered into the Void, but,” the Doctor grumbled to himself at a normal tone.

“Void? Ya mean the Void of Darkness?” Applejack interrupted to his words.

“What?” The stallion turned himself over to the cowgirl. Though he had to make sure to keep the angel within his eye. Only through that could Applejack talk to him. “What Void of Darkness?”

“Yeah, the void where all the hatred originates from. It’s said it ya listen closely to yar shadow, ya can hear it. A thing created by Nightmare Moon herself,” explained Applejack to the best of her abilities. She could explain it as down to earth as possible but he just didn't get it. Though what he did know was the fact that the two voids were different from one another.

“Sounds like the Vashta Nerada to me. But not the void I meant, and could you please just hold your mouth for a bit, so I can think? Thank you in advance,” he replied to her. Then he started to chase his own tail, so to speak. Applejack was a little bit discouraged by the words and thus returned to calm down Twilight. Who only grew more in the fear that she had. Everything was about to fall.

“Hey Twi, it’s gonna be alright,” the orange mare tried to reassure her.

“I hope, I hope you’re right Applejack,” managed Twilight to let go.

“Send to the Void but end up here. How did you guys even manage do that!? Oh don’t tell me you are like the Daleks, now are you?!” the Doctor suddenly shouted up through the room.

“Doctor? Are you there?” was eventually and all of the sudden spoken through the device.

With caution him to press the button that would open his link to the channel. In the end, it granted him the ability to communicate with the Angel again. With a lowered and bit insecure voice, the Doctor spoke his word. “The Doctor is here, care to tell us who you are?” He released the button in order to receive any incoming messages and hoped for the best while his eyes stared at the time locked Angels in the hallway. “That lock is not going to keep them out forever,” he mumbled just before his eyes widened up as if he had made a shocking revelation. “No...”

Though much further he couldn't think as the message returned. “I’m the Angel within the room you are standing. Our forms changed when we fell through the crack but just as what we did to Bob, we did to a stallion here. White coated, blue maned. Captain,” the voice from the device said.

“Cut the chit chat and tell us, your, name!” the Doctor said in frustration.

Shining, Armor.”

With those two words, that name which caused the heart of Twilight shattered into nearly millions of pieces. Her own flesh and blood had fallen victim to the statues they were looking at. The unicorn couldn't hold herself any longer. She just erupted out in tears and sobbed loud within seconds. Everything on the journey had become all too much for her.

Yet the Doctor didn't understood just why she was crying. It was Applejack who caught it in the corner of her eye. It was up to her to tell the history behind the two. “Shining Armor, was Twi's brother,” she said to him, answering the unasked question.

That struck the Doctor a lot. He didn't know just what to say or do other than a couple little words. A couple meaningless words. “I’m sorry... I, I truly am,” was all that he could say in response.

Deep within Twilight did his words worked as a patch over the bleeding heart. Though the damage done was something far too much. “I will, destroy, every, stinking, last, of you!” the mare suddenly shouted in all of her anger. “All of you shall pay, for what you did!” She was blinded by her sadness and fueled with her rage, it was a dangerous combination to mess with. But to prevent things from escalating any further, Applejack wrapped both of her forehooves tight around Twilight and hugged nearly the life out of her just to keep her in that one position.

“No ya don’t. Yar gonna stay with me, Twilight. Calm and peaceful.” The words probably didn't mean nothing, but they made her keep her mouth shut and thus giving the Doctor the opportunity to talk to the Angel.

“So, Angel Armor is it then? Quite the interesting name. Now tell me your plan,” he spoke through the screwdriver and the waiting game started once more.

---

Their situation was only getting more grim the more time was waited out. The time lock appeared to be losing itself in strength. Not to forget that Angel Armor just loved to take his time with his words. Yet after nearly three minutes of a complete silence, with the only sounds being their heart beats, breathing and sobbing of Twilight, the response was finally given to them. “Our plan is to succeed there where we first failed, Doctor. We want our army to be awaken and this place is perfect for it. The horn of the most powerful unicorn, the gems used as power conductors,” it spoke to them.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that part, but what about that horn?” the Doctor asked further.

“Taken from the head of a princess,” Angel Armor replied almost in an instant.

It was either a fool's luck or their ignorance, but both of the mares didn't caught the last set of spoken words. The Doctor turned around to see Twilight. “Foreknowledge is a dangerous thing,” he whispered to himself before he shook his head.

Without a warning of any kind given to them there was an explosion and a bright raspberry light the illuminated the area. The Doctor’s attention and the eyes of Applejack would gaze upon it. Yet giving how Twilight was looking against the chest of Applejack meant that none had their eyes upon the Angel in the room. Therefore leaving it free to do as it desired.

It was when Applejack turned her head back after nearly a second to look away, that the forehooves of the Angel were reaching for the two ponies and the fangs could be found within its mouth. “Doctor!” she shouted to get his attention.

“Keep looking at it Applejack, whatever you do, keep looking!” the stallion replied before he fixed his own eyes upon the entrance. With the light dimming once more, this worst nightmare had come true. “Oh no, the lock is broken and they can move again! We gotta destroy those gems. Applejack, you take Twilight with you and smash those gems, without them, they just crumble out to dust! Hurry!” he said to them He backed away from the entrance, keeping his eyes upon the statue.

The stallion knew he was powerless against gems. They were massive and compressed rocks. He had to place his faith in the two mares, which was what he did, but the doubt never truly left him. With Twilight still crying over her brother and the Angels knocking at his door, things didn't look all too bright. “Just why do they have to be Weeping Angels and no Daleks or Cybermen. Would have loved to fight those things. But no, it had to Weeping Angels, good job sending them here, of all places,” he muttered to himself while he passed Angel Armor. He gave a look to the mares. “Go.”

Time was running short upon them and both Applejack and the Doctor knew that fact just all too well. But with Twilight being the most powerful, the cowgirl had to set everything on everything to get her back. “This is gonna hurt... Twi, Twi, listen to me. Ya need to keep it together! Your brother may have passed away, but if you don't toughen up, you will join him and none us will live to tell the tale of his actions! You understand me here?” she spoke in a loud and clear tone, hoping it worked.

Twilight knew deep in her heart that the words of Applejack were the truth. The truth alone meant that Twilight couldn't do much else than accepting them. She had to return to the game that was being played. She had to join again and make sure, she would win. Her crying and sobbing would have stopped. The mare wiped the tears away and she calmed herself down from the troubles.

“Today if possible!” the Doctor shouted to them. He winked one eye after the other in order to have at least one eye still upon the statues. But not even the brilliant Time Lord was able to doing it and had to blink every so often. A thing that resulted in the Angels getting even closer than they originally were. Some had already managed to set their hooves in the cavern opening. “Please!”

Their situation was tense and with each passing moment, the very light of the horn could go out and they would be history. Quite literally in their case, the Doctor was the last pony who was wanting that. “Hurry up!” he shouted towards them again. Of course he had the urges to do it himself but then who was going to look after the Angels, he questioned himself.

“Let’s do it,” said Twilight in a careful voice. With all the strength in her body did she back stood up. “Applejack, you take the two on the right, I take the three on the left. One good bucked rock should crack them, three should destroy them. Let’s hope I’m right about their structure.”

“How do ya know that all?” Applejack asked as she looked up to Twilight. With the unicorn gone, it was only the Angel on her back and that frightened her a bit. Almost as quick as Rainbow Dash had she crawled away from it and for the first time was granted a look upon the put. And thus looked upon the horn. “You weren't kidding,” she said in a soft tone.

“Applejack, focus,” said Twilight to her. The unicorn charged up her horn to release a blast.

“Yes, yes, sorry,” the cowgirl returned. Her eyes then looked for a couple rocks that were suitable for the incoming destruction. They had to be sharp and sturdy if they wanted to help.

“You killed something dear to me, I take something from you. Call it, returning the favor,” Twilight muttered in a tone that was directly aimed for the Angels and released the charge she had been building up. A vibrant raspberry colored beam shot away from her horn and made contact with the gem. Though it did had a small side effect and that was that it fed the captive horn. Yet the incoming blast was big enough to shatter the gem into a million pieces. “One down, two to go.”

With a couple moans from Applejack were the rocks sent flying against the gem and Twilight was right. One hit cracked them were three caused it to shatter. “Make that two, partner.”

“Don’t keep score! Just do it!” the Doctor shouted to them when He caught the counting.

---

With the smoke that came off of Twilight’s horn and the panting of Applejack. Though the mares had done it. They had destroyed the conduction ports of the magic used by the captive horn and the two smiled to one another.

Knowing they were done, the Doctor had started to smile himself. He waited for the very moment the Weeping Angels would just crumble to dust. “It really is a replay of the Byzantium, you get defeated once again!” he spoke up in a happy voice that was followed up by a loud ‘ha!’

Though his relief was gone like snow in the sun when he heard an almost deafening screech travel through the cavern. A screech of an Angel and it was angry as it could be. Little did they knew, but that sound originated from Angel Armor. The one Angel that stood within the room with them. With the screwdriver still in his hooves and him standing bipedal, the voice of the Shining Armor spoke once more through the device. “You think you have defeated us, Doctor?! The truth is that we learned from our mistakes. And you know why we decided to build here?” he asked of him.

Terrified by the voice that was filled with anger, the Doctor pressed the button to speak to the Angel again. His eyes kept going between the Angel in the room and those wanting to enter. “Oh don’t you dare to pull such a thing on me. We defeated you fair and square, it seems like you can’t take your loses, can you?” he spoke against the Angel, hoping they were good sports.

He then released the button, awaiting the reply. One that came almost in an instant. Fractions later did he got a reply from the Angel. A reply spoken in a sinister tone. “Time’s up.”

The stallion rose an eyebrow in response to the words and looked at the tip of his screwdriver. It was green again and thus indicated that the function had been cancelled out by one of the parties. “Time’s up, what could he mean by that? Think, think, think, oh no, no, no, no!” He wanted to turn himself around so badly but that would give the angels a free game to enter.

Applejack and Twilight both found themselves standing upon the edge of the pit and looked over the horn. As calming as it was levitated within its prison as dangerous it looked. But something was also warning them as they heard the words spoken. To make matters worse, there was something that tried to escape out of the orb where the horn was in.

With a rumble and a tear did the currents of magic shot out of the orb. They went straight into a new set of gems. There it would have continued like it never stopped. Almost as if it had a minor malfunction within its systems. The two mares were shocked by the events and they turned around to face the Doctor. A stallion who wasn’t happy with the results he saw.

“Oh come on!” the stallion shouted towards the invading Angles. He then aimed his screwdriver towards them. The whirring sounds of it did their turn through the cavern. The looks in his face turned sour. He was done with it. He thought to have defeated the Angels again.

“Now what?” Twilight asked with terror in her voice. Despite she stopped crying, the streams of tears could still be seen upon her cheeks.

“I don’t, know,” the stallion simply stated. He continued to aim his screwdriver to the statues. “Who knows just how many Angels are down here, ready to invade upon the land above... I just, don’t know...” He moved the screwdriver away from the Angels and looked upon the reading the beings irradiated. The chance was small, but perhaps he would get to know things about them.

While it was true that the creatures could turn into solid stone when being observed, the sonic screwdriver was perhaps the only device known in all of the universes that could read through the rock. Therefore enabling it to watch the actual biology of a Weeping Angel. “Just as I thought,” the stallion spoke with a deep sigh through his nose, “we’re too late. They’re at full power...”

“Maybe, there is one last thing, we can try before we die,” Twilight spoke in desperation. It were those words that caught the attention of the stallion and the cowgirl. Both of them gave a look to Twilight in utmost confusion before they turned back.

Yet with their eyes on Twilight, they lost the Angels and they crawled back further inside the room. One of them was pointing its hoof to the horn in the pit. Almost as if it wanted to suck out the light or electricity. Or even worse, the very magic it contained.

The Doctor went over all of the chances they had to possibly get out but would always come down to the number nopony had the desire for to hear. And that number was zero. He had to place his full trust upon a creature he didn't even knew that could exist, yet through everything that happened, proved her strength both mentally and physically. “Whatever it is, just do it!”

---

The royals of Canterlot had made their way out of Cloudsdale. They soared through the skies like the free mares they desired to be from time to time. While it was true they had a chariot to carry them through the skies, the both of them just preferred it to fly through the skies on their own powers. But after a small flight, they were descending already and Luna could make up the Canterlot statue garden below the clouds.

With a graceful landing had the two alicorns made it back unto their home turf. Celestia pointed to the three statues of the Weeping Angels. Luna tucked her wings back against her body and looked over the stone creatures. It still crept her out for one reason or another. “Sister, how could you have placed such nasty looking statues in a garden like this? They are looking far better on a cemetery if you ask me,” the alicorn of the night said to her, clearly showing her disgust for them.

“Luna, Luna, Luna, I thought you come to that chapter in history by now. Those statutes have been around for ages, even within the time of the Old Kingdoms. They were used by the pegasi for good luck. Sounds odd, but it is true. Its near impossible to find ones in this perfect state from what I have gathered during my research to them,” explained Celestia to her.

What Celestia didn't know –nor Luna for that matter– was the fact that she had confirmed the fact that the race of the Weeping Angels had been in Equestria before. Long before the formation of the land itself did they dwell the surface. If the Doctor would knew it, would scare him to death.

“But just, why?” Luna would have asked. Yet a response she never would have received on it. For all that her sister did was giving a smile upon the sight. Then her wings spread themselves again, ready to take off. Back to the castle, back to the throne room.

---

“So you sure this spell can work? This, override?” the Doctor asked to her. Time was up but yet still found time to chat against one another deep in the Canterlot Caverns.

“Yes, yes I can very certain that it will work,” replied Twilight to him with certainty.

“Twi, overcasting your own magic like this, might have ya end up dead as well. Just, don’t ya think the cost is bigger? Ah mean, its yar life that’s at stake here,” Applejack spoke in a manner of trying to bring the unicorn on other thoughts. But Twilight was determined to do it. She wanted to play it her way. She knew the risks at hoof, but didn't care about them for one bit.

“If it destroys them, then so be it. I rather give my own life than needing to live in a world filled with living, statues,” the unicorn spoke in her defense.

Both the stallion and mare knew there wasn't anything they could do against it. She was a stubborn little pony when it came to magic and the situation proved it again. “Though I should warn you both, the spell will knock me out in the end. When it happens and the statues are reduced to rubble, bring me to a hospital as soon as possible, please.”

“Will do,” the both of them spoke in a tone of compassion. Twilight gave the both of them a smile as she walked back past them and to the pit where the elder horn was kept prisoner.

Soon enough there were the charging sounds of Twilight’s horn. The sheer humming of power reminded the Doctor of his TARDIS materializing into existence. They had something in common when it came to sound. Yet he couldn't put his hoof on it. While the brilliant raspberry color just filled the area, the two of them kept their eyes on the Angels. Who on their turn had little plans on their own. The agenda of the creatures turned to stopping Twilight, once and for all.

For the Angel that was pointing was indeed sucking the power out of it. The light created by both horns flickered and even faded for a couple times. Making the Angels come to life and move a step or two. Yet where the Doctor was wise enough to take a step back into the direction of the pit, Applejack was either foolish or brave enough to stay in her position.

The lights went out again as the Doctor stood near the edge of the pit leading to the horn. “Applejack!” he shouted out to her and then the lights returned again.

But in that near second the lights went out there was something that managed to get a hold of the cowgirl. The sound of stone being moved through the darkness could be heard clear as day. It was when the lights went on again that the horror was revealed. The horror for a captured Applejack. Knowing he couldn't do anything for the poor cowgirl, the Doctor looked her ever so deeply in the green rimmed eyes. And she looked back in them as her position was turned, whether it was due to the Angel or she did it before the statue caught her remained a mystery.

Without words spoken from either pony, they knew what they meant to say to one another and the mare released a sigh of hope into the air. The lips of the Doctor curled up into a smile. The stallion placed the sonic screwdriver back in his pocket and lowered himself all four hooves again. And it was then that he spoke the final words. “It’s now or never Twilight, do it!”

Upon the command given, Twilight released all of the power she had stored within her horn. She would have fired it directly at the other horn, her elder horn. The beam was powerful enough to cut through the exterior orb and be sent through the horn as a conductor. It did gave the Angels a massive boost in power, so powerful that they ever started to move even in their stone state. But that victory wouldn't last long though. The overload of power became too much for the beings.

The gems that acted as conductors began to melt like they were heated. All of the Angels began to cry for help or mercy to the unicorn. But none of them ever spoke in words, they screeched like the monsters they were. Yet the worst fact of it all, was that Twilight wasn't even done.

More and more power got added up to the point that both Applejack and the Doctor had to close their eyes and cover their ears from the sounds that echoed, if not boomed, through the cavern they were in. Twilight on the other end, managed to remain calm as she had her eyes closed and concentrated upon the power she was putting out.

---

Then it happened, with one large explosion that was followed up by an implosion, the true overload happened. The horn first denied but then absorbed all of the power it had gotten. Which then also sucked the power right out of the Weeping Angels. The power that the horn had been feeding to them, was taken back by a ruthless force and with a lot of interest.

Within the pocket of the Doctor’s jacket was it Angel Armor who spoke his dying words through the screeching. “We shall return, Doctor, we shall...” Then the channel went silent before the static came. One by one were each of the Weeping Angels within the room and hallway, reduced to nothing but dust, gravel and pebbles. They crumbled upon themselves. There was nothing they could feed from, there was nothing they could hold their power together with. They were just rock and that was it. While it was true that stone can’t be killed, keep reducing it to nothing more but dust and it becomes rather harmless.

But what the other two didn't knew was that Twilight was weakening from the cast spell and she had erupted out in another set of tears about her brother. Hearing his voice on the channel like that for the last time, made her realize he was gone. Truly gone.