• Published 7th Nov 2013
  • 1,734 Views, 25 Comments

Doctor Whooves: The Angels of Canterlot - Rarity Belle



Celestia takes a couple new statues from ancient times into the garden. Though the statues happen to be everything but stone statues. Hurled into the land of ponies, the Doctor must find the cause quick as he can and stop it. Before it's too late.

  • ...
4
 25
 1,734

Out of the frying pan and into the fire

With a smile did Celestia walk up to her sister. One who was still speaking with captain Armor. She gave the two of them a gentle nod before the words left her mouth. “Aren't they magnificent? Angels created from the ancient times. Watching over the city in its full glory. Oh, I’m wasn't interrupting, was I?” she to the both them. Her tone was genuine in the matter, she was overjoyed.

“No, not at all, sister,” replied Luna with a fake smile of her own.

“Not by my account, your highness,” the captain said before he gave a salute.

“No saluting captain. But Shining, if you will excuse me and my sister, we have an appointment to go to,” Celestia said to the captain, making him stand at ease.

“We do?” Luna said when she tilted her head. “I don’t remember anything from the agenda.”

“That’s because this isn't on the agenda. At least not our shared one. We are supposed to go to the weather factory in Cloudsdale, remember. That’s why I am so, happy, about these statues,” spoke Celestia with the smile still on her face. “Shall we go then, sister?”

“Uhm, well, yes. O-Of course, sister,” stuttered Luna. She truly didn't knew about the meeting and thus hadn't prepared anything for it. A thing she normally always did, no matter what.

The princess of the sun turned her attention over to the captain and spoke her desired words towards him in her gentle and friendly tone. “Shining Armor, I leave the castle in your control. As head of the royal guard, you know what to do. And, keep an eye out on the workers. Make sure they don't drink too much.” With that she was just off. Off to take off into the air and head for the majestic city of Cloudsdale. “Oh sister, no need to prepare, just come with me.”

“This, is going to suck...” spoke Luna in a whisper against Shining. Who in return released a well meant chuckle to her. If there was one thing Luna didn’t like, it were unannounced visits.

“Don’t be in it too much, sometimes you just have to go with it. Besides, if I may speak so freely, it’s a good chance to show how well you can improvise on a situation,” replied Shining Armor to her. After he had spoken the words, there came a slight smile on his face.

The mare of the night had to think over the words just for a couple seconds. Yet then realized that what he said was more than true. She gave him a smile but also something else. Which was a small kiss upon the lips. Nothing too serious, just a small one.

An affair was what the two had with one another. Nothing all too serious yet as it were just some cute little things they did with one another. They both liked it for what it was mostly because of the fact that the both of them did gain something from it. Nothing that could be measured in materials, but in emotions and lessons to be learned. Though the oddest part of all was that no one ever seemed to figure it out. Or they simply didn't want to. Either of the matters could be true.

“See you soon, my captain.” Luna whispered in his ear. Then she joined up with her sister on the balcony. A faint blush went over the cheeks of the stallion who, in an attempt to hide it, turned over to the window again and looked over the gardens.

But as he looked he got the feeling that the angels had moved a bit. “What on earth..?” he mumbled to himself. He swore that one of the three had turned its head around just to look around. “I’m going mad... Heh, guess it runs in the family,” chuckled Shining Armor to himself. But the stallion couldn't quite place it in his head though. “Nah.” He was finished for the day and then just turned his head away. And then just left the hallway as a whole.

If he had only waited just five more seconds before that window, he could have seen the unlikely trio of two mares and a stallion. The trio that had made a terrifying discovery.

---

“And that, is the whole of the weather factory here in Cloudsdale, your highness's,” a red coated stallion spoke as his eyes looked through the squared glasses. “Do you happen to be having, any questions?”

“Well, I don’t think that me and my sister are having any actually. Your explanation has been more than satisfying for me, doctor,” said Celestia with another smile on her face. Though in all honesty, she hadn't paid any form of attention to the words. She was more interested in the whole layout of the building. Resulting in her having kept a keen eye on it.

“Actually, I do have a question. Two in fact,” said Luna before the stomping of metal over metal came into their direction. None of the three ponies gave any attention to it as passed the stallion went the metal suited pony. It passed by them as if it was the most normal day of the week. “Make that three,” Luna added as the pony disappeared in another hallway.

“Well, your highness, I’m all ears,” the pegasus replied to her. He fixed his glasses on his nose and perked the ears. He would be waiting for the questions to roll out of the royal her mouth. In contrary to other ponies, he was having a great length of patience.

“Alright then, first question...” But then the younger sister just went silent. No words left her mouth as her gaze locked itself upon infinity. She almost appeared to be frozen. Both the stallion and Celestia looked over her and then one another with the same, asking gaze. “I forgot...” Luna suddenly mumbled out to them. “Sorry, but I forgot the first question.”

“It’s alright princess, every soul forgets something now and then, right? Perhaps you want to continue with question number two?” the stallion replied. He made a polite motion with his foreleg.

“Uhm, yes, that is true and I shall. What is up with all those metalized ponies?” she asked.

“That, my dearest princesses, is the future of the Corporation. Suits of armor that are used to protect ourselves from the hazards of the factory. Nothing all too special really,” the stallion replied with a grin on his face. A grin that was small in size and therefore hard to notice for the mares.

“Curious, I'm wondering if you could send one of those suits over to Canterlot? I would love to experiment with it myself,” answered Luna before she trailed another one of them.

“Afraid that that is impossible, they are company property. But your third question is?”

“You shall deliver one, or I take one. Your choice. But as for my third question, why aren't we allowed upstairs, in the rainbow department?” she then asked, hitting a literal wall of trouble.

It was a question that was asked already a couple dozen times during the tour and the doctor had grown tired of it. But he never revealed just what laid above the dark clouds of the department. Celestia had laid her mind to the matter but Luna always had been a bit more persistent. “Your highness, follow me for a moment, please,” the doctor said. He turned around and started to walk.

Luna couldn't do much else then to follow him. Celestia stayed behind and made her way over to the front entrance of the factory, just to stay out of the way of the workers. While the mare of the night and the doctor walked through the place, the silence between them was great. But they couldn't help it to pass more of the suits of armor. They always managed to catch the attention of the royal sister. She was interested and wanted to know more about them. No matter how.

After a little while they had come to the vats of freshly made spectra and the stallion held his walking. Her looked over to Luna with a sinister look in his eyes and the lights of the liquid only enhanced the overall creepiness of him. And then the question was asked from his side. A question that, mildly put, the mare herself never even expected to come. “Are ya ready to fight the monster?”

Luna looked over to him and she simply rose an eyebrow to the question itself. “I am afraid I do not understand the question, doctor. To my knowledge this facility didn't have any form of a monster within itself,” the mare replied to him. She was genuinely confused on the matter.

Then the heavy hoofsteps could be heard within the distance. They came towards them. Luna turned herself around and she stared right into the dead eyes of the suit of armor. "That's because we make them," the doctor brought forth from his mouth.

---

Both Twilight and Applejack just looked at the Doctor as he did more things with his sonic screwdriver but the unicorn couldn't stand it. “Just, just what is it with you, these ‘Weeping Angels’ and that device of yours? Is it like, a magical receiver or something?”

“Magical receiver? Ha! I laugh at magic, no such thing as that where I'm from, just plain old technology,” the Doctor boldly stated to her. He laid down on the grass and he had blown his cover as a whole with his words. The whirring of the screwdriver was the most dominating sound after the silence had taken its place again.

Out of the two of them it happened to be Twilight who was greatly offended by the made statement and her horn charged itself up with an amount of power that even made the screwdriver go nuts for a moment. “Wow, wow, wow, what’s...” The Doctor pointed the device to Twilight and all of the readings just spiked. They went through the roof, of not the atmosphere. “Impossible,” he spoke up as he rose back in his hooves. The stallion then went closer to Twilight while still whirring the screwdriver. “...Impossible! But it’s true!”

“Doc, take back what ya said, cause when she’s mad, let's just say ya don’t want to be near her,” said Applejack in order to snap him out of the dream. That, and as a warning too.

“It’s Doctor, Applejack,” said the stallion to her. He gave the cowgirl a quick look and then turned back to the unicorn. “Oh Twilight Sparkle, how wrong I have been! Come here girl!” And almost in an instant had the two found themselves hugging one another for whatever reason. The cowgirl was surprised by the whole turn of events and scratched the back of her head confused. Nevertheless she was also relieved because the magic that had been building up in the horn or the unicorn disappeared like snow before the sun.

The mare let the moment go on for a couple seconds before she coughed a couple times. “No offence, Doctor, but it’s time for ya to do some explaining to us both. Don’t you agree, Twilight?”

“Well, yes, Applejack,” replied Twilight before she broke the hug. The unicorn then sat down in the pleasant grass and looked over to the stallion with a stern set of eyes. “Well, explain. Who exactly are you, where are you from and what on earth is that device?”

“If you must know,” the Doctor said as he also sat down. A bit odd for his doing but he managed. “Heh, this is different than sitting down on a chair. Anyway, let's begin.” Even Applejack lowered her body to give him the full attention as she was curious herself. “I’m the Doctor.”

“Doctor who?” the cowgirl asked up with a raised eyebrow.

“Not doctor who, just, the Doctor.”

“The Doctor?”

“That's me,” the Doctor returned to her with a smile.

It seemed like a repetition of that what happened on the before they went to Canterlot. The both of them gave up, especially Applejack, and let him continue on his story. “I’m from a place far away. Across time and space, the most beautiful planet there ever was. Until they came of course. The last great Time War. But, let’s not dwell too much in the past shall we? And this device here, is a screwdriver.”

“A screwdriver?” Twilight repeated in a questioning manner.

“Yes, a screwdriver,” the Doctor chuckled. He then pointed it to Twilight and made it whir again. “Simply fascinating, your life form,” he spoke to them while he read the readings. But as he read them, there was something else came to his mind. “The statues.”

“What ‘bout them?” asked Applejack before she rose back on her legs. But the one jump, the Doctor was back on his hooves and he had gone to the statues.

“Whatever you do, don’t take your eyes off of them, and above all, don’t blink! Winking is fine, blinking stands equal to death!” he said before the screwdriver began to scan each of the statues once more. Something had been sparked within him, something impossible had awoken.

“What on earth..?” Twilight asked aloud. She began to have a hard time believing his words.

“Don’t ask! Just do it if you want to live!”

“But it’s broad daylight,” Twilight told him. She was right though.

“They don’t care, just keep your eyes on them will you!” the Doctor shouted to them.

And so said, so done. Neither of the mares dared to take their eyes off of the beings that stood before them. The statues that apparently weighted tons each. All while the stallion scanned each of them with his screwdriver. After a bit of time, the whirring sound stopped and the blue eyes of the Doctor went over all of the readings.

He was relieved to say the least of it. “It’s alright, take your eyes off of them. They are harmless. Hibernation to be exact,” he explained to the pair of them. Which was a massive relief.

“Wait, if they are in hibernation, it means they will wake up, right?” Twilight asked in a scared tone. She looked over to the Doctor with a set of frightened eyes.

“Oh yes. But not if we cut their power supply. Somewhere below this city, those creatures have set up an energy drink. Power conducts through it and up to them. Given how fast it travels, I would say about, thirty minutes from now that they will wake up.”

“So, just where is this energy drink?” the cowgirl asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Down below,” the stallion replied before he pointed the screwdriver to the soils.

Applejack looked down towards the ground as she didn't caught the words fully. The stallion did the same but his looks went as if he was looking through the earth. The only pony who didn't look, was Twilight. She was deep in thought about what could be down there that had so much space. But then she remembered it. From a memory that was placed deep within her mind, locked away. “The mines... Doctor, the mines!” she exclaimed to him.

Both of the other ponies looked up to her and it was the Doctor who replied. “So beneath here, are mines? You sure about that and above all, can you get us in?”

“Sure and sure. I can teleport us in to the place I was once.”

“Good enough for me!” the Doctor shouted in a tone filled with glee and he kissed Twilight on the forehead. “I knew I had to trust upon you since I saw you on the hill!” The words rose questions in Applejack’s mind but the mare wasn't given any form of asking them. The horn of Twilight shone already in its magic and she was ready to make the teleportation jump to the prison.

---

Under an explosion of light did all three of the ponies land on the ground within the caverns of Canterlot. The complete darkness surrounded them and their groans were the only sounds to be made out of the silence. Twilight was the one who came back to her knowledge the fastest. The mare charged up her horn again to make some form of light among the dark. A thing that would save them on numerous occasions. That was all that she knew in the moment. What laid beyond, was unknown.

Slowly had both Applejack and the Doctor managed to crawl back on their hooves. They all looked at one another. Applejack had forgotten the questions, the hit just made them fly away. “Ohhh, that was worse than a vortex manipulator,” he groaned before he rubbed his back with a bum. “It always goes like that?”

“N-No, normally it goes much smoother, without the kind of bumps that I felt when casting it. Something was interfering with my magic. Anyway, we are here and whole, that's all that matters,” replied Twilight. She rose up and rubbed her head a bit. “The mines of Canterlot.”

“Would ya’ll look at this place...” said Applejack. She was astonished by the gems within the rocks. The reflections they created and the overall size were just breathtaking. “Rarity would have loved this. But, where to now?”

“Gems of unknown origin, sizes much bigger... The perfect energy conductors,” the Doctor mumbled to himself. He took out his screwdriver again and made it bleep for the moment.

“What are you doing with it?” Twilight asked while she looked to the device.

“Sort of like a sonar, the Angels are feeding of something powerful and that always leaves traces of radiation... Bingo, ladies, if you want to follow me, we are going to the heart,” the Doctor spoke as the bleeping became stronger the more he held the device before one cavern. “Let’s go! Thirty minutes before the whole thing goes down. So, move it please.”

The two mares followed him without a question. He was the reason they were down there and it would be with his help that they would get out again. Applejack regained the question of her mind again. Though she quickly dispatched of it. If that mysterious stallion trusted Twilight so much for whatever reason, he had to do the same for her. Even though she appeared like the third wheel on the wagon. That was the way Applejack felt in the moment. Like she wasn’t important.

“So much stronger here... How deep is this in the mountain, you know that Twilight, Applejack?” the Doctor asked as the readings went through the roof.

“No idea, about half a mile?” Twilight replied while Applejack just shook her head. But as the cowgirl shook her head, she was the only one that caught a lonely Angel that just stood within a side cavern. An Angel that had the same position as those in Canterlot. Though it did took her some time and it was only after she caught the sound of stone moving, her eyes sprung open.

Without any word the cowgirl just too hold of Twilight's tail and moved the unicorn back to the spot. “Applejack, what in hays name are you doing!? We are running out of time!” she yelled as she struggled to release herself again.

The mare spit out the tail and pointed her hoof into a burrow. “That, Twi!”

Both the Doctor and Twilight laid their eyes upon the Angel whose forelegs were lowered and eyes stood in the direction they had walked to. “Oh no... This is not good,” the stallion said as he turned himself around. “Keep your eyes on it but don’t look it in the eyes!” he quickly added. Both of the mares didn't move a muscle, they both just looked at the Angel with a chunk in their throat.

Seconds were spent within the deadly silence of the caverns. The only sound to be heard was the bleeping sound of the sonic screwdriver. But then it was Twilight who spoke her words in a whisper. “Applejack, can, you...”

“Yeah, Ah will.”

“Thank you,” spoke Twilight in a whisper. She turned her eyes away from the stone being and looked to the Doctor. “We don’t have that much time anymore, do we?”

“No... That, is a proper Angel. One that is out of hibernation... If luck isn't with us, we just might be too late already,” he replied to her in a saddened tone. His eyes continued to go over the cave with the fear visible within them. He too was terrified of the beings of stone.

“And, that is going to stop you?” she asked through.

His blue eyes fell upon the ones of Twilight before a smirk came to his face. “Of course not.”

---

All the way back in Canterlot castle, Shining Armor was on his lonely patrol through the hallways. He rested his eyes upon a statue. All of the guests had made their departure after the drinks and all of the guards were dining in the mess hall. His eyes fell on the statue of an angel with the forelegs before the eyes. “I don't remember you... You must be new around here,” he said towards the inanimate object. But then a shock went through him as he realized something. “I’m talking to a statue of all things. Craziness runs in our veins, sister.”

Shining gave a gentle chuckle before he turned away from the statue and continued on his path. In the moment the two lost eye contact, the statue came to life and it attacked the captain. One cry for help, one flash, then he was gone. Consumed to feed the lonely assassins and send across space and time. Nopony knew where he would end up, but one thing was certain. He was gone and out of the lives of those who loved him. All while they weren’t even aware of it.