• Published 2nd Oct 2013
  • 2,192 Views, 23 Comments

The Ruby Heart - tobiason-the-chosen-1



Spike has been crushing on Rarity for a long time. Few years after Twilight became princess, and Spike is older, the dragon finally has the courage to ask Rarity out.

  • ...
10
 23
 2,192

Brunch

II

RARITY

"Sweetie Belle, can you be a dear and get the mail for me?" I ask.

"But why? I'm busy making a poster for my concert!" Sweetie Belle asks. She had gotten her cutie mark and it was a belle with a music note, signifying her talent; singing. She has been singing at almost every event in PonyVille.

"Because I'm busy making a special outfit for Rainbow Dash." I tell my spoiled sister. "Her third year anniversary of being in the Wonder Bolts is coming up! She's planning on having a huge party and I want to make her look fabulous!"

I would say, Rainbow Dash's new outfit looks smashing. It's a light blue, skin tight evening dress that went down to the knees. It has one sleeve, which was a rainbow that leads onto a sewn on cloud on the lower shoulder. The rainbow trim went nicely with the one on the shoulder. I intend to have Rainbow carry a clutch purse, but I doubt I'll be able to get her to use one.

"Fine!" Sweetie Belle whines, then gets up to get the mail.

When she brings in the mail, I immediately notice a a scroll with a bright red ribbon tied on it. The letter must be from Twilight. I unroll it and read it. When I finish reading the letter, I jump up and down and squeal with glee.

"Who's it from?" my sister asks.

I smile. "Spike."

"You haven't seen him in two years!" Sweetie Belle remarks. "You've been away in Canterlot and all those other places where ponies want your fashions and other crap."

"Yes, Sweetie Belle, and that's why I'm so excited to see my Spiky-Wikey again!"

"I doubt he'd like if you called him that. Spike's not a baby dragon anymore." my sister comments.

****

I wake up the next morning around eight o'clock. After replying to Spike's letter the night before, I worked a bit more on Rainbow Dash's dress, then went to sleep around eleven. Now I'm actually nervous to meet Spike. He has most likely grown much since we've last met, so I don't know what interests him and what doesn't. And of course, I have absolutely no idea what to wear.

I get out of bed, put my house coat on over my nightgown, and head downstairs to make breakfast.

"Surprise!" yells Sweetie Belle. "I made crêpes for breakfast!"

I push the plate stacked with crêpes that Sweetie Belle has shoved in my face away. "I appreciate it, Sweetie Belle, but I'm having brunch with Spike, so I won't be eating much."

"But," my sister starts. "I made a special breakfast just for you." She gave me her cute face which made me, of course, feel guilty.

"Alright." I say.

A grin spread from ear to ear on Sweetie Belle's face. We both sit down at kitchen table and help ourselves to crêpes.

"You didn't burn them this time." I remark.

"Rarity," Sweetie Belle snaps. "I'm fourteen. I know how to cook."

"Fine point, indeed, Sweetie Belle."

When we finish eating our crêpes, I head back up to my room to get dressed. It isn't a formal outing, but I want to dress nice for Spike. Decide to dress in a simple everyday outfit of a plain red t-shirt, black leggings, ugg boots, and of course, I wear the ruby heart necklace I made from a gemstone Spike gave me. I brush my hair and by the time I'm finished with everything, it's ten thirty. I head out the door and head to Sugar Cube Corner.

As I walk, I run into Raindrop, a pale yellow pegasus with a teal main and raindrops as a cutie mark.

"Good morning, Raindrop." I say.

"Hi Rarity!" she replies.

"If you don't mind me asking, since you're apart of the weather team and your cutie mark being related to weather and all, if I could ask you to prevent any rain today?" I ask.

"Okie-dokie." she replies.

"Is that a yes?"

The yellow mare nods, then flies off.

When I arrive at Sugar Cube Corner, Spike is sitting at a table inside, near the window. When I enter the dragon's view, her smiles.

"Hi Spike!" I say, joyfully.

"Rarity!" Spike beams. "So glad you could make it. It's been awhile."

I take a seat across from my dragon friend and Mr. Cake comes over and asks, "Can I get you two anything to eat?"

"You got anything with gemstones?" Spike asks.

Mr. Cake gives him a strange look.

"No? Okay. Then can I get a cupcake?"

Pinkie Pie pops out of nowhere. "Pink, purple, blue, are green frosting?"

"Hi Pinkie. I'll do green frosting. Thanks." Spike replies.

Pinkie disappears to get Spike's cupcake.

"And you, Miss Rarity? Can I get you something?" Mr. Cake questions.

"I'll just have some tea. Thank you." I reply.

"Here's your cupcake, Spike!" Pinkie reappears.

"Thanks."

And with that, Pinkie left to make other ponies' day.

"Spike,darling," I start. "It's been forever since we've talked. I'm sorry I never wrote to you. I have been so busy recently."

"It's fine. I've been busy too." Spike explains. "Twilight's been really busy with princess stuff and such. She's been making me do a bunch of paper work and I have to send out a bunch of letters to apparently important ponies or some other crap like that."

"My, isn't that tiring?" I ask.

"Eh. I choose to help."

"You were always the sweetest dragon ever." I comment.

Spike and I talk for what seems like hours. Most likely because we did chat for two and a half hours straight. During that time, we caught up on each others lives and became even closer friends. We left the bakery and decide to take a walk around PonyVille to enjoy the nature as well as enjoy each others presence. We walk around almost all of Sweet Apple Acres, which took a large portion of the day. As we walk back towards the center of PonyVille, Spike changes the subject of the conversation.

"Rarity?" Spike asks.

"Yes, darling?"

'There's something I need to tell you."

"What is it, sweetie?" I question.

"I've always kinda had a crush on you."