• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 545 Views, 5 Comments

Messages from Canterlot High - aricaitlyn



After the trouble at the school's Fall Formal, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are sent to different towns to tell others everything.

  • ...
 5
 545

8: I'll See You...And Your Mother

It was just another day in class. Miss Smith was lecturing, as usual. Today's lecture was on the topic of the "Big Bang".

"An' you, right where your head is, there was nothing." Miss Smith had her finger pointed to a girl, who sat there, speechless.

Miss Smith turned and pointed to the window. "There was nothing out there, too!" Her finger moved to the floors. "And nothing, nothing under your chairs!"

I glanced at the clock. Thankfully class was almost over, but the clock stopped suddenly.

"Nothing by that tree, either," Miss Smith continued.

I pulled my phone out of my pants pocket and checked the time. Only a minute until class let out. Thank God. I twiddled my thumbs until the bell ring. We all got up to leave for lunch.

"Don't forget that tonight is parent-teacher night," Miss Smith called out into the hallway.

My ears perked up. I spun on my heel and walked right back inside. "I never agreed to this!"

"You sure?" Miss Smith turned on her computer and pulled down the projection screen. "Take a seat," she told me. I did as I was told.

The picture on the screen was of me, playing with a pencil in the middle of class.

Miss Smith's voice was heard on the recording. "Rainbow Dash, are you bringing your parents to the upcoming parent-teacher night?"

"Sure," my voice on tape replied. The video stopped, and Miss Smith retracted the projection screen.

I scoffed. "Why would you tape that?"

"Wow, why are you fighting over this?" a voice asked. I turned around and saw that it was Taylor. "Do you even know what parents are?" she continued, adjusting her high ponytail.

"Well, duh. Who doesn't?"

"Get out of my classroom, both of you," Miss Smith groaned. "And I'll see you and your parents tonight, Rainbow Dash!"

I made my way towards the exit.

"You and your parents!" Taylor mocked. I hadn't noticed that she was walking directly behind me. If I had, I would have delivered a swift kick to her knees.