• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 545 Views, 5 Comments

Messages from Canterlot High - aricaitlyn



After the trouble at the school's Fall Formal, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are sent to different towns to tell others everything.

  • ...
 5
 545

6: Somebody's Watching Me

Dana and I hung out all day. She was actually pretty nice, in all honesty. A bit clumsy and loud, but still very kind. Since we lived in the same neighborhood, we had decided to walk home together.

"So, tomorrow there's this new movie coming out! I was thinking, maybe you and me could go? Best buds, right?" Dana held out her fist for a fist-bump.

I put her hand down. "You're a great friend, but now that the whole school knows that we're companions, I don't think I'll be seeing you anymore. We're done. Good job. Now, have a great day."

I stepped in through the door. The door was almost closed, but Dana jammed her head in the gap between the door and the frame. "Got any video games?" she asked.

"Uh, yeah."

Dana nodded and pulled her head out. She just kinda stood there for a second. It was freaky, so I closed the door. I did a good thing today.

I slumped down on the couch, when suddenly a piece of paper was slipped underneath the door. I turned it over. Dana had clumsily drew a picture of us together. She had written "best friends" across the top, but her handwriting was a bit shaky. That was actually kinda cute. The kid admires me, wow. I hung the picture on the wall with a thumbtack.

The phone rang. I picked up. "Hello?"

Dana was on the other line. "How're you doing, Dash?"

"Dana? I told you I was busy."

Dana sighed. "Nah, I get it. But I was thinking tomorrow we could-"

The phone beeped, indicating that there was another caller.

"Hold on," I told Dana, switching lines. "Hello?"

"You're gonna love this movie! It's PG-13! No restrictions!" Dana squealed.

I put the phone down quickly. I mean, I knew I was awesome, but Dana is just being a supercreep.

I pulled my head up and peered out the window. Dana was on the curb outside, sitting on a bike. She rode away the minute she saw me. I shuddered.

"Pinkie!" I hollered.

For whatever reason, Pinkie was just chillin' on the ceiling. She fell to the ground, then landed on her feet. "What's up, Dashie?"

"I'm going to my room. Don't let anyone in."

Pinkie saluted. "Yup!"


I remained in my room for the rest of the night, listening to the music on my phone. It's not like I was afraid that Dana was stalking me or anything. I peered outside every five minutes, is that so wrong?

I opened my door the next morning. I could hear bacon sizzling on the stove. Pinkie made me bacon? How thoughtful of her!

I stepped into the breakfast nook, but was suddenly stopped by Dana, who was cooking bacon. "You showed up just in time!"

I screamed. "Get out of my house!"

Dana pouted and tilted the pan towards me. "You don't like bacon?"

"Out!" I repeated, pointing at the door. "Out, out, out, out!"

Dana performed a walk of shame, still holding her skillet of bacon. I stood on the doorstep, making sure she walked home and never stalked me again.

"We can walk to school together!" Dana exclaimed.

"I'm sick," I replied, touching a finger to my blue skin. "Blue flu. Highly contagious. You might wanna go." I slammed the door and slumped down on the couch.

"What was that all about?" Pinkie asked me.

"Dana is following me. Cree-py," I replied.

"I'll go and talk to your friend." Pinkie stood up and walked out the door. I shrugged and hoped that Pinkie wouldn't cause any damage.