• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 545 Views, 5 Comments

Messages from Canterlot High - aricaitlyn



After the trouble at the school's Fall Formal, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are sent to different towns to tell others everything.

  • ...
 5
 545

7: Do You Know That You're My Very Best Friend?

On Saturday, I lazed around instead of doing my usual weekend workouts. I spent the entire day camping out on the couch, only getting up for food and restroom breaks.

Pinkie entered the house, holding a bag from Party City. She walked across the room into the kitchen, trying to act subtle about what was in the bag. I stood up to get some more food. I was in the mood for a sandwich. Pinkie was strategically trying to put the bag on the table, but everything inside of the bag kept falling out. I saw party poppers, hats, and favors. She kept trying to pick everything up and put it back inside.

"What are you doing?" I asked, startling Pinkie. The party popper in her hand fell to the ground, her finger still attached to the string. It let out a loud boom, a mess of confetti, and the smell of sulfur.

"N-nothing!" Pinkie exclaimed, frantically picking up the confetti and fanning the air.

"You sure about that?" I asked, squatting down to scoop up some of the confetti.

Pinkie sighed. "Dana is planning a party for you and she's going to invite everyone from school because she loves you!" As soon as the words came out, Pinkie threw her hands over her mouth.

"Are you serious?"

"That girl loves you so much! I swear to God, she built a shrine to you! And I'm making the cake for the party!"

I gasped. "She's bringing everyone? Do you know what this means?"

Pinkie stirred the cake batter. "Uh..."

"We're effed!" I shouted, my voice cracking.

"Aw, no!" Pinkie cursed.

"I know!"

"Oh my God, Pinkie..." I began to spaz out, running my fingers through my hair. "Can you imagine how much explanation this would cause us?! What if Taylor found out that we really were the 'horse-women'?! Oh, friendship is tragic!"

Pinkie stood, poker-faced. She continued to stir the batter. I sat down.

"I can see it now...Dana is leading her tribe to our house at this very moment. Planning our demise. We'll never have a moment to ourselves 'cause we're freaks!"

There was a knock at the door, bringing me back into the real world. I answered the door shakily. The only girl on my doorstep was Dana. She held a small box in her hands.

"It isn't much," Dana says, passing it to me, "but I sure hope you like it!"

I opened up the box. Inside was half of a best friends heart necklace. I hardly ever wore jewelry, but it was very pretty. I unclasped it and put it around my neck. "Thank you so much!" I said, and I really meant it. "But where's the other half?"

Dana pulled her keys from her pants pocket. The other half was attached to the keyring. She put the two together. They connected with a magnetic click.

"I've got a present for you, too!" I told her.

"Oh, really?"

I nodded. "Yup. I'll be right back."

As I made my way into my room, I began to think. What could I possibly have to gain from this event? I had planned to put magic glasses on Dana to trick her into thinking that everything moving was actually me, but for the moment being, that just seemed cruel and heartless. If anything moving represented me, the kid wouldn't last a second. Eh, I guess I'll save it for someone who's actually worth the torture. I came back into the room and greeted Dana.

"Where's the present?" she asked.

"Well, by the looks of it, nobody you invited came to your little shindig, so...what do you want to do?"

Dana shrugged. "I dunno. There's always a movie."

"A movie, huh? Sounds nice."

Dana jumped a bit. "Oh, wait, you can't go. Sorry I asked."

"Why not?"

"Blue flu, right?" She pointed to my skin.

"No, I always look like this. Can I let you in on a secret, Dana?"

"Sure."

I cleared my throat. "Well, you see...I'm not human."

She gasped. "Really?"

"Yeah. Do you watch the news by any chance?"

Dana nodded.

"Well, do you remember the story about the horse-women of Canterlot?"

Dana nodded again. "Yeah. The blue one looked kinda like you."

"That was me."

Dana gasped. "...oh my God..."

"I sure hope you can keep a secret, Dana." I winked. She winked back and I pulled her in for a nice hug.