• Published 26th Apr 2012
  • 2,404 Views, 34 Comments

My little starcraft: Friendship is chaos - Krasus Shyhoof



This is a MLP crossover to starcraft- How wil the mane 6 survive? Can they beat the swarm? Find out!

  • ...
8
 34
 2,404

Quest for the truth

Chapter 9: Quest for the truth

Nightshade sat atop a stool in a small room. The walls around him appeared as if they all wanted to close in and crush him. Every once in a while, memories of the Icehouse would resurface. The training was brutal.. Almost no one made it passed 6 months, But he had. Nightshade had braved those 2 years, becoming a valuable asset, thus, one reason he was targeted by the Solar Empire. Nightshade placed a hand on his chin. "I wonder what would have happened had I gone with them." Quickly batting that thought down, he looked over to Rainbow; who had just looked up to him questioningly.

"Wha?-" Was her simple responds as she bit into an apple. Her hair was ruffled due to the training Nightshade was putting her through. The wooden posts were all cracked somewhere, however her hand was bleeding as well. Nightshade's red eyes softened as he looked down at her.

"Nothing, you are doing exceptionally well.. But your enemies outside will be moving.." Nightshade glanced at his free hand which was resting on his knee. Nightshade stood up smiling and walked down to her. "You know you don't have to train so hard today, lets take a break.. You need to conserve your strength."

Rainbow panted as she replied "O..Okay.." Taking a swig of juice, she leaned against the wall, her shaking legs forced her to slide down on the wall. Watching her, Nightshade just sat next to her and released a light sigh, thinking about how similar he had look; the only difference was, he was punished. "Where... Where is Flutter..Shy?.." Rainbow asked, looking over to the tall Reaper.

Shrugging, Nightshade didn't move his head to look at her. "Would you like me to go find her?" Nightshade asked as he uncrossed his legs. His hands entwined with one another as he waited for his friend's response.

"We-..We can find her.." Rainbow gasped out in one breath as she tried to remain calm. Her heart was racing, her muscles hurting any time she tried to move. Nightshade shook his head.

"It's really not wise for you to move. Your body needs to rest. I will go look for her, you remain here and rest a while, okay?" Nightshade eyed the girl as he stood up. He knew she would say she wouldn't and then go, but that was all part of the training. With that, Nightshade exit the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking on the thick vat of creep, Valleran reached out to his overseers to see how his movements were playing out. A sly grin spread across his face as he places a clawed hand over half of his face, chuckling. “You all think you can stop me… You’re only helping my cause!” Laughing to himself in his organic fortress, he finally settled down and wrapped his fingers over his thigh. “It’s about time we finally showed ourselves, no?” Valleran gazed around in the shadows, his deep green eyes meeting all of the glowing yellow eyes of his ravenous companions. Valleran always traveled with his elite group of Zerg. Two Hunter Killers, Four Devouring Ones, and one Unclean One. Smiling to himself, he walked out with them, three Overlords floating to them and loading them up for transportation.

Before their essence was absorbed, Overlords were giant masses of floating air called Gargantis Proximae, brought into the swarm for their heightened senses. Valleran's new plan was being set into motion. he smiled and picked up his C-20 Canister Rifle. "I remember when I hated you beautiful creatures. That, however, was a time of strife and I was ignorant! I see now that these pests must make way for the perfect beings!" He thought to himself about how he would finish off both Luna and Celestia and smiled. Valleran arose from his organic throne, standing tall, staring around the Hive with his greenish-black eyes. He knew something wasn't right, but what? What could cause him and the Zerg around him such distress. Valleran jumped forward and away from the mass of tissue behind him. Secreted slime dripped down the walls until a huge spot just turned a blackish tint. The tissue ripped and a tall Protoss figure arose. Valleran stared at it and slowly blinked.

Two blue psionic blades blazed alive. Pulling up his C-20 Canister Rifle, Valleran shot twice, the Zealot's shield disintegrating each canister that hit its shield. The bluish aura seemed to shudder under the effect of the rifle, but not break. Valleran quickly bolted up, springing upward with his muscular legs and landing amongst the squishy organ-like insides. Valleran popped out a long bluish shell and pushed it in his Canister Rifle, then propped it on a stand and took aim. The Protoss simply shoved his blades in the husk, pulling up before stabbing again and climbing like this. As Valleran locked on, the Zealot jumped.
-----------------------------------------

Zaskorch sighed as he sat in the control room alone. It had been almost 5 hours since he relieved Luna to rest. His long silver hair draped down his large blackish armor. His purple eyes glinted from all the stars gleaming - he stood there, staring into the endless abyss of space. "For once I actually wish SOMETHING would happen." Zask sighed, his breath making the few strands of hair that caressed his forehead waiver. His eyes scanned the darkness, but he saw nothing. breathing in deeply, he muttered to himself. "I wonder what Whispy is up to-" Something shifted. Zask's eyes catch something that seemed to vanish against the bluish flags that hung from the Bannister. Tilting his head curiously, he played it off by walking to the flag and saluting. "Here's to Luna, leader on the Lunar Republic!" Something shifted again, this time getting closer. It was a ripple of a humanoid figure. A Dark Templar? No.. It would be much taller. From determining factors, Zaskorch was 6'6, tall for any male Terran. The ripple only came up to his neck, hinting the this figure was around at LEAST 6'0.

Zask waited, just barely able to keep up with the ripple as it closed in and stopped nearly 3 feet from him. Zask felt a slight whisk of hot air - Some one was right in front of him, not only that but he knew who she was. He looked down to where he assumed her head was before hearing her gentle voice. "Zaskorch.. You should cease this struggle.. We should not be helping these people.." Her cloak crackled before her body slowly burst into view. She had thick blue hair, her red eyes looked up to his as she pulled him into a tight hug. "We are waiting to reunite the four..."

Zask sighed again, hugging her and stroking her hair. "Good to see you too, Nalanhata.. But I can't just leave the Lunar Republic, I can't just leave Luna." Zask's gaze was stone cold. Nalanhata - known for harassment tactics and causing starvation upon those who deserve it. They were a mean group, the four of them caused chaos and destruction wherever they went. Zaskorch, Nalanhata, Tiestelu, and Kuisata. It seemed like just yesterday they were all fighting side by side. Wait. No, they weren't. It was today. Zask shook his head and gripped Nalan's suit. "Stay out... Of my head... I control this ship until Luna gets back.. and as for you, I would leave this ship before you are caught." Zask huffed out, his hands unfurling to release the small figure.

Nalanhata was built slender. Her back always had a slight arch which forced her to stand and sit straight. Her chest was petite yet perky, but that didn't stop men from gaping at her. Long, thick blue hair strung like ropes down the sides of her head, her ears cut into the hair to make slight gaps which forced the hair to flow down her shoulders. Zaskorch had never seen her with a hair out of place. Complementing her hair was her radiant, smooth skin. She had always had marble-like skin, even if she had just gotten ot of an intense slaughter. Finishing off her features sat two deep red eyes. Like condensed meteors that gazed down her opponents. She was stunning, really. An angel of death almost.. Almost.
"Please come with us, Zask.. Remember the good times.. I was just trying to take you away from here to help you! No one can see the future, but it looks bad! Come back and see Kuisata, she misses you.."

Zaskorch places once of his armored hands on his head and groaned. Luna saved his life.. He owed his life to her, but here stood one of his old companions. Everything went perfect when they were all together, they were a true force to fear. Zask thought for a minute before a light went off in his head. "Wait.. how did you get in here?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Whispy sat amongst the other soldiers, smiling as his body waved back and forth. The music echoed in his head and his head fell on his hands which were on the counter. The faint feeling of a hand fell on his shoulder and shook him as he heard a chuckle. It was one of the men at the bar. Whispy tried to distinguish who, but his face was blurred, his orange hair was the only distinguishing feature. He felt light. Light as a feather as he saw the floor rise and move underneath him. Images danced in his mind. Images of the past.

A familiar voice run off from the days before the Zerg invasion on Tarsonis, Capital of the Terran race. He was with a now notorious criminal, Jim Raynor. Jimmy touched his com, his teal armor looking even more battered than usual. "This is Jimmy. Sector 3 is cleared, any word on the evac?" Whispy chuckled, his blue armor untouched by the nightmarish creatures that raved overhead.

"What's wrong, Jimmy, don' got the stomach fer a bit 'a fun?" Whispy's grin was wide, his gun cradled between his hands like a newborn baby. Jimmy just shook his head, his sandy-blond hair speckled in the sunlight, his dark eyes drinking in all the destruction.

"Well, we've done our job, hopefully Kerrigan can do hers." Raynor said solemnly, a dark feeling wedging itself between his breast. His thoughts flashed to the Ghost with thin orange hair. She had won over his heart after first gaze. She was stone cold, and read his mind from time to time, but he knew the feelings were mutual. The dropship quickly landed, everyone except Whispy boarding the dropship. He was gazing at the distant buildings that were falling. Gaping at the large Ultralisk heading his way. He turned quickly, only to see the Dropship leaving. The coms raged to life, but Whispy never said anything, picking up a bottle of gin and downing it, his face contorting from the thickness as he threw the bottle down and broke it.

"Celestia, any word on that evac?" Kerrigans voice rang out as she took cover behind a broken building. No answer was given.

"Call off the fleet, retreat to Korhal IV" rang the empress's voice through all ship coms, they all obeyed.

"Dammit Celestia, don't do this!" Raynor exclaimed, scanning the ground to try and find Kerrigan. It was too late, they had already entered orbit. Kerrigan dropped her visor and gun as the Zerg circled around her. That was all before the Brood War. Everyone assumed that Kerrigan had been killed, the exception of Raynor who started a rebel force against Tia, and eventually found the Chrysalis that harbored Kerrigan. Jim Raynor, Whispy's best friend, left him on Tarsonis to fight alone. And how he fought for survival.

Blood splattered on his Visor as the Zergling that had toppled him over had been shot through the head. Whispy's ammunition was illegal, using a piercing round instead of crippling. He knew it was what was needed. Good thing too. A Hydralysk reared up on it's tail and shot it's acid spike. Whispy pushed the Zergling up and went prone behind it, popping up after the second shot and firing a volley of three shots, two in the eyes, one in the chest. The monstrosity curled in a bloody heap after screeching. Whispy focused in, his visor shifting upward as the huge Ultralisk closed in. "I need more gin..." He said as he ran back, the servos on his suit whined as he jumped as high as he could, jumping over the Ultralisk's Kaiser blade and landing in a ditch. He pulled out an incendiary grenade, popped up, and threw it into the large creature's mouth. It screeched loudly, spitting out fire and enraging as it swung it's blades blindly. Whispy was climbing the mountainous beast's building-size legs. Perching on the tough hide on it's leg, he pointed his gun to the muscle of it's neck, fireing all 190 shots through the beasts neck. It shoot violently, but reared up backwards, charging forward and ramming into the building which cause Whispy to fly off, bouncing off the pavement hard. The sensors in his suit were blaring loudly, he had been knocked unconscious from the fall. Pain coursed through his body as he came to. His visor was shattered on the ground, a large piece stuck vertically passed his eye. Whispy cursed, hearing a loud slam behind him that forced the streets to shake. Whispy turned to the bleeding Ultralisk, tilting his head in regret as he shaking stood up. His armor was damaged badly, blood oozed down his cheek. he stared down the beast and waited. It swung. He jumped and grabbed the top of it's blade, losing his breath as he made one last jump, grabbing a tooth, flicking a grenade pin, and throwing in in the Ultralisk's mouth, dropping on the leg before attempting to climbs down. A loud explosion went off, smoke bellowed from the zerg's mouth as it fell, causing Whispy to roll off it's leg and land on his back. It hurt to breath, it hurt to move, to talk, and even blink. He steadily rolled on his stomach and crawled into a ditch, closing his eyes to rest.
---------------------------------

In a small room sat a teacher perched on a creaky wooden stool, her dress draped down to her thighs, a sash coiled just above her hips. She gazed upon how few children were in her 'class'. "Well, today we are going to learn about minerals and why they are important!" She said as enthusiastic as she could. Applebloom released a gentle groan.

"Cheerilee, wah do we even have school? Ah mean, isn't it a bit pointless?" Her yellow eyes stared up to Cheer's green ones. "We ain't gunna need this anyway!" Applebloom laid her head on her arms.

"Heads up, Applebloom, you may not need it now, but you will in the future. It's always been my job to teach you stuff you will use in the long run anyway!" Cheer said in the most gentle voice she could muster. Days seemed long and they seemed to coexist with the night. the only light they got was passing stars, and most clocks were harbored in the control room, so it was hard to really know when a day passed by. Still, Cheerilee's thick hair draped like a curtain down her cheeks and around her shoulders. The light pink strip in her hair was shining as radiant as ever, showing that she at least knew when to bathe.. or just felt dirty enough that she needed to bathe. Applebloom scoffed.

"But ah mean... We don't need it naow! So, there's no real reason to learn it.. Raight?" Cheerilee huffed out softly in return. There were so few children on this vessel. It wasn't like Tavin IV where there were hundreds in her class per day, only five sat in her class, and she only knew Applebloom. The kid beside her was sleeping, two were playing lil kid games, and the other had his feet on the desk and listening to music.

"I mean.. I guess you don't need to know it now, what would you LIKE to learn about?" Cheerilee tilted her head, picking up chalk and an eraser, wiping the board down and fiddling with the chalk. She felt someone near, someone familiar, the door creaked opened, turning Cheer and Applebloom's attention to the door.

"Afternoon Ms. Cheer, Ah'm here ta pick up mah sister." Big Macintosh stood in the doorway, adjusting his plad shirt and looking over to AB, smiling and walking in the room. "Ya learnin' anythin' AB?" Smiling, he rubbed her reddish hair, messing up her ribbon.

"Stahp! I'm learnin' just fahne!" She stuck her tongue out and gathered her belongings. Cheerilee sighed.

"Excuse me, Macintosh, but do you have any type of note to turn in to me as to why you are taking my student?" Cheerilee rested her hands on her hips, her body slightly curving to the side.

"Well, a'course ah do!" Reaching in to his pocket, he gave her a crumpled note. "She's gatta get 'er physical taday!" He smiled at her triumphantly as Cheerilee opened the note, looking up to him skeptically.

She placed a hand on his shoulder. "Big Mac... Did you write this letter?" She narrowed her eyes and shook her head as she looked down to the note, then back up to him.

"Well, yea. Ain't that whut we're suppose ta do?" Smiling, he quickly backed out of the room with his sister, the two quickly walking down the hall afterwards. Cheerilee sighed, going up to the board and drawing a chart.

"Okay 'class'.. today we are going to learn about how gravity affect power suits on different planets..."
-------------------------------