• Published 26th Apr 2012
  • 2,404 Views, 34 Comments

My little starcraft: Friendship is chaos - Krasus Shyhoof



This is a MLP crossover to starcraft- How wil the mane 6 survive? Can they beat the swarm? Find out!

  • ...
8
 34
 2,404

Undying rivalry

Chapter 8: Undying rivalry


Luna lay slumped in her chair. Her bottom was touching one of the arm rests as she slowly kicked her feet over the side of the arm. Her hands were folded in her lap as she released a soft sigh.

"This is so boring.. I remember fighting along side my old squad.." Luna bit her own lip gently, visualizing her favorite was of execution. After disarming them in hand-to-hand combat, she'd push them to the ground and raise her gun slowly. Firing a shot into their kneecap was always mandatory for the scream that would follow. She would then proceed to land a swift kick in their visor, shattering and showering her adversary's face with the sharp chunks that broke off. For the final blow, she'd press the muzzle of her gun against the back of their head.. And pull the trigger. She seemed to enjoy bathing in her own glory afterwards, watching a pool of blood form under her dead victim. Across the Solar Empire, she'd acquired a nickname of sorts. . Murder Princess. Luna just sighed again, dropping her head into her hands. "I'm SOO bored!" Luna exclaimed. Ever since she'd broken away from her sister, she had been the battle commander and tactician, thus, she hadn't been in the field of action since. Zaskorch was her only reliable information source, being that she saved his life. Zask was indebted to her on a life long debt. Honor bound. The two had been fighting side-by-side for a long time now, as such, they had a mental link of sorts.

There was a soft knock on the door. Luna cleared her throat and shifted to sit straight, trying to look more define as a leader. "Luna, are you okay?" his gruff voice bounced around the room. Luna stood and slowly walked to the huge steel double doors.

"Yes, just a bit bored.." Luna pressed her hand on a holoscanner, the door hissed loudly before creaking opened. Zask walked in, a hand under his chin. His long silver hair gleamed radiantly throughout the room.

"Hmm, it has been a while!.." Zask smiled as he turned to Luna. "I remember when we broke away."

Luna let a smile play across her lips. She chuckled softly. "As do I, Zask... As do I." Zask smiled as he stared at a receptacle, remembering his old team mates. Most has succumb to death, been captured and executed, or retired from the mercenary life. They had all been paid handsomely after all.

"I remember the mission. It was called Stone Heart.. Mostly because that's what was needed to complete it! A stone, cold heart." Zask grinned. Sicking the Zerg on Celestia seemed extreme at the time, but who was he to question his savior? Sitting in one of the chairs, he glanced at the overly-worked commander. "You need some rest. I'll take care of the ship, okay? If anything happens, I'll be sure to wake you up." Zask smiled softly.

"You better!" Luna exclaimed with a grin. "It's your head if something does..." With that comment, Luna left the bridge. Zask sat in the command chair smiling as he muttered lyric of a song to himself. "We're terran up the niiight..."
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ifisauntus stood alone amongst the battered ruins of a Protoss base. He had given the coordinates away just an hour ago, and already the base was smashed. The Terran were indeed an interesting race that puzzled Ifisauntus. Using his Terran contact- one known as a hero for finding key locations and destroying them- he would research and study his foe's strategy and tactical command. The Terran first landed a few Marines, Marauders, and Medivacs, then dropped a few Tanks and barking to tell them to go siege mode. For detection and support, they brought two Ravens; a lightly built ship with highly-sensitive sensors, Able to detect cloaked or burrowed enemies. For support, Ravens carry a range of turrets from a basic Gatling turret, to an anti-missile turret. It also carried something called "Seeker Missiles".

The Zealot placed a hand on his chin, deep in thought. He spoke to himself in an inquisitive tone. "So the Terran Siege Tanks rip our shields apart while the bullets rittle our bodies? Interesting, however, I still need to see air combat." Ifisauntus spoke telepathically to his High Templar friend. "Is there any way to sacrifice a space fleet without causing to big of a loss to the Protoss task force?" Waiting, he kneeled down and picked up half of a Marine's body. The Templar responded.

"There is a small base on Gavin. It is supported by two Carriers, seventeen Scouts, one Arbiter, and five Corsairs. Since they are a glory fleet from the Brood Wars, relations with the Terran and Protoss may be strained if destroyed. I estimate the Terran will lose a good portion of their ships." The Templar's voice echoed in Ifisauntus's head. He just scoffed.

"I care not for these 'humans'. They pique my interest, but overall they are just pawns. They are expendable, and there is always someone who wishes to seek fame or glory!" and his words struck true. Terrans were always ignorant in that way- always seeking wealth and recognition. Ifisauntus's heavy footfalls stopped before a battered Nexus. Placing a hand on it and concentrating on his next move.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight awoke next to her softly-snoring friend. She placed a hand on her head and let out a soft groan. "Ugh.. Remind me not to drink to much next time.." Twilight sat up, gazing over to her passed out partner. "Rarity, wake up.." Her fingers wrapped around Rarity's shoulder and lightly shook her.

"I don't want to.." Rarity groaned out. Both her hands wrapped around her head. "Make it go away..!" Rarity squirmed. Twilight ran a hand through her thick hair, small streaks streaming down like waterfalls. Twilight laughed slightly, making her head hurt even more.

"Hmhmhm.." Twilight's hand closed around her head as the pain seemed to never cease. "Owwwwww.." Glancing around, something on the nightstand next to the bed caught her eye. On the nightstand sat a note and a few pills. Twilight picked up the note.

Deat Twilight, This note is just to validate any questions you may have. (If memory loss occurred) You and Rarity got real drunk and passed out. I took it upon myself to carry you both back to your room so no one would try anything. I left four pain killers; two for you, two for Rarity. I would also suggest taking a shower and changing cloths. Have a nice day, and I'll see you when you awaken!" -Sincerely, Whispy.

After reading the note, Twilight smiled. "Good old, drunken Whispy.." Twilight greedily took two of the pills, picking up the glass of water and gulping half of it down. Rarity was quick to follow in drinking the water down along with the pills. Standing up, both Rarity and Twilight stared at each other. Their shirts appeared to be pulled halfway down their shoulders. Twilight's cheeks turned slightly red as she turned the opposite way. Her hair was frizzed, the frizzy, curled hair covering her eyes and making her exhale heavily. Rarity still appeared to be in shock, staring at the wall until she realized her hair had been straightened.

"Mirror! I need a mirror!" Rarity yelped, frantically searching the room and looking for her hand-held mirror. Twilight snapped out of her trance, moving to a shelf, undressing and redressing before Rarity found a mirror and let out a disgusted groan. "My hair! It's ruined! Rarity exclaimed in a whining tone. Looking over to her friend skeptically, Twilight sighed after hearing her say: "This is the worst thing, EVER!

"I guess you should fix it!" grinning to Rarity, Twilight reached up to touch her hair. Backing away, rarity placed a hand on her hip and ranted.

"Not only do I not have the supplies on this flying can, but my hair takes at least an hour to prep! First I have to shower with a special shampoo and conditioner, then I need to find a curler and- Hey! Are you listening, Twilight?" Rarity snapped, giving Twilight a slight glare, who had her hands under her head and eyes closed. She hadn't responded. Rarity moved closer, which made Twilight open her eyes.

"I was just trying to remember last night... I heard you, but I don't remember what happened to us. We got in a drinking contest and that's all I remember." Twilight looked down, then back up to Rarity. "We need to ask around to see if we can find anything out."
--------------------------------------------------------------

It had been only two days. Two days since Jayle had seen that large dog-like creature. She had spoken about it to the mayor, but he just picked up his gun and then went out on some crazy adventure. Le always wondered how such a man was elected as Mayor. In times of crisis, or even in the middle of the day, he would hunker down in his reinforced home and occasionally search out the steel-tinted shades. It always took forever to talk him out, it was usually Jayle that did it. Not only did he lock himself in his own home, but he would also run off to Faust knows where and be gone for extended periods of time. Jayle sighed.

"Where did you go, Nikolai.." Muttering to herself, she trudged through the dirt-caked side-streets. She stared at him home only minutes before knowing he wasn't home. It was instinct to her by now. She could tell if he was home. Even the slightest movement of the shades would let her know. Slowly moving away, she heard a rustling sound. Rocks were pushed around as the ground vibrated. a large dirt clump was pushed up like a draw-bridge, deep yellow eyes glowing vividly as they stared hungrily at her. Jayle released a loud yelp as she backed up against the Mayor's Dirt-Crawler. Jumping on the treads, she climbed into the seat and shut the door. Light quickly surrounded the creature. Claws. Sharp claws branched out overtop of the creature's red carapace. She watched as it's purple ligaments flickered, it's purely muscular legs moved in a perfect stride. Staring in fear and awe, Jayle's hand fumbled around the seat in search on the key. She knew she had to move or she's be this powerful creature's lunch. The enhanced Zergling's claws latched on the vehicle as it propped up on the side. Jayle knew it was just toying with it's prey - Her.

Suddenly, a loud shot fired. The creature's head jerked forward as it's face bit the tread. Another shot. The body of the Zergling collapsed, but started to get back up. A third, loud shot. Whoever was firing was gaining ground. Thinking quickly, she moved to the opposite side, opening the door and dropping out. She hadn't found the keys, and that.. That THING would have torn the door off it's rust hinges. She could smell the coppery-iron blood of the Zerg. Moving around the rover, she stared at it. It was pulling back furiously, but it's teeth had gotten caught in the treads. Jayle gazed around to find her savior, but saw no one. Until a rustic voice called out.

"You should really be more careful, Le!" It was Nikolai, the Mayor. Tearing as she looked up to him, he had a duster that was sprayed with blood. He wore a soft smile as he pulled out a machete and burrowed in between the carapace of the Zerg with a loud squish. Jaylee just stared at it's muscular, lifeless husk.

"Wh-What was that, Nikolai!" She trembled in place and wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to sooth her trembling body. Nikolai shrugged, grunting as he had trouble taking back his machete.

"Seems to me like lunch.." Something was off with Nikolai. He was either hiding something, or just naïve. He had to be joking, right? That thing had almost cut her to ribbons and had a nice feast itself. Not only that, but he wasn't paranoid at all, he seemed more relaxed than ever!

"Are you.. Are you okay, Nikolai?" Jayle asked, her eyes filled with question as her legs almost gave out from the fear. Nikolai looked over to her and sighed.

"Not only am I Mayor of this village, I was in a militia long ago, when I was just a kid. I've seen these creatures before and they are nasty little parasites. They are called Zerg, and I assure you.. Where there's one... There's a whole hive cluster. All hell is about to break loose.. And we need to be ready." With that, the mayor rested his gun on his shoulder and walked in his cabin, leaving clueless little Jayle standing there in shock. She stared at the corpse and started to tear.

Is this the end for me and my colony...?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wonderbolts stayed in a tight formation as the flew, each with a different colored smoke-generator to cause steams of colors behind them. They suddenly broke formation. One began to form a giant red circle while the others started forming various shapes. Students and instructors alike ran outside for such a sight. It the air loomed a large logo of an eagle. The wonderbolts went to land, reforming and landing their Wraiths with a loud whirr. Thunder could grinned at them. Nothing but show.. He couldn't wait to catch up with them! He was so excited that he had forgotten Pinkie Pie was in the back seat.

"So, Thunder Cloud! Are ya gunna introduce me to your frieeeends?!" Pinkie called out with a giggle. One of her hands rested on her hip while the other pushed up her poofy curl. Thunder Cloud looked back, almost going back in shock from her being there. Snapping out of his jaw-dropped state, he turns back to the controls and nods.

"Of course I will, Pinkie! You are a good friend yourself after all!" Thunder Cloud strafed out of the way. a Medivac burst past at blazing speeds before attempting to land. The mechanical arms branched out and gripped the steel landing pad, but it still went skidding down the hangar, stopping only feet from another person's Wraith. His spikey yellow hair shone amidst the lights in the hangar. All attention was on the crazy Medivac pilot. Thunder Cloud landing, a vein is his head pressed to the skin, showing his aggravation with the new pilot. Thunder Cloud opened his cockpit and jumped over the side. There were murmurs across the hangar as the yellow-haired man slid off his vehicle's hood.

"Who da ya think you are, blazing in here like that! You almost hit m-" Thunder Cloud stopped that thought as the other pilot turned sideway, looking over to him. It was Lightning Shift, Thunder Clouds old rival. This infuriated him. The other pilot didn't seem to recognize him. Pinkie bounced up behind Thunder as he continued to rant at Lightning. They stared each other down, their gaze clashing together like water against a cliff. "I ought to give you a smack-down!"

Finally realizing who if was, Lightning Shift frowned, yelling back. "Maybe you should be paying attention to your map! Move out of the way sooner!" Lightning crossed his arms. That's when Thunder Cloud noticed the Solar Empire crest on Lightning's jacket. Thunder narrowed his eyes, keeping his crest hidden. He knew it would be trouble if everyone knew he was with the Lunar Uprising.

"So, ya joined the military, I see." Thunder Cloud said in a dull tone, looking to the side so he didn't lose his composure. Lightning Shift grinned and released a slight cackle.

"More than you are doing with your life, you bum!", little did he know how wrong he really was. Thunder Cloud was the lead flyer in the Lunar Uprising, the commander of all dog-fights. He just went with it though, closing his eyes, gritting his teeth and forcing himself to smile.

"Well.. Ya know me..." Thunder's eye twitched. Pinkie walked hugged him from behind.

"But don't you fly a-" Thunder put his hand over her mouth hand shook his head.

"No use arguing with him. Not to mention we are in enemy territory. Don't let them know about Luna." Thunder Cloud's serious expression made her understand how dire their situation was. If they were found out or caught-

"Yo! Thunder Cloud!" All eyes moved to where the confident voice that echoed in the hanger. Her blue suit with yellow stripes made it obvious who she was.

"Hey there, Spitfire! It's been forever since we've seen each other!" Blocking out his old rival, he walked to her with Pinkie following suit. Their hands slapped and wrapped around each other before they hit their shoulders together in a typical greeting handshake. Thunder Clouds smile was revived as he saw the rest of the Wonderbolts form a line behind her. All but Soarin' I wonder where Soarin' is right now. He should be coming up and greeting me as well! Thunder Cloud smiled at the orange-haired woman in front of him. Her deep orange eyes burned brightly like the stars in the sky, thinking about her eyes made him blush slightly and shake his head to un-lodge the thought. "So where is Soarin'? Shouldn't he be here too?" Thunder Cloud asked inquisitively.

"Am I not good enough for ya?" Her grin lay teasingly across her face. She slightly giggled before shaking her head. "Yeah, but really, Soarin'... Found the pie. His favorite is Blueberry, so that's what I'm guessing he's eating." She just stuck her tongue out. Thunder Cloud smiled.

"Oh.. By the way, this is my friend Pinkie Pie!" Thunder Cloud exclaimed as he pointed behind him to the girl in pink. Blinking, Pinkie bounced into action.

"Oh wow! So many smiling faces! She smiled wide and a soft squee was heard. Spitfire backed up a bit, putting her hands up to stop her if she came in for a hug.

"I like meeting new people, but I mean.." Spitfire glanced around the room awkwardly until she noticed someone glaring. It was Lightning Shift. He looked familiar, but she hadn't noticed until now. Yes. He tried to join the Wonderbolts, but was way to destructive. He was a fair shot, but ultimately they suspended his fighting-class operators license. "Um.. Let's go inside.." Spitfire said as she spun around and walked though the dual-steel doors along with her companions. Thunder Cloud, Pinkie Pie, and other onlookers joined them shortly after. Lightning Shift tightened his fists into a ball, so mad that me should be steaming. He trudged in the school before the steel doors shut.