• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 2,251 Views, 13 Comments

My Little Fairy Tail: Magic is Universal - ThatOneAlrightWriter



What started as a relaxing day off for a certain dragon slayer and his friend turned into the start of a brand new adventure in a different world in a whole new body.

  • ...
2
 13
 2,251

A Magical Element

The Kingdom of Fiore, a nation with a population of 17 million, and a place filled with magic.... There, magic is bought and sold every day. For most, magic is a tool, a mundane part of everyday life. But for some, magic is an art, and they've devoted their lives to its practise... There are the wizards....Banded together into magical guilds, they........wait, this is just the opening from the first arc of Fairy Tail! Gah, roll the opening!


In a certain guild in the small town of Magnolia, they were celebrating their victory in the Grand Magic Games, as well as the reacquisition of their old guild hall, the one that they rebuilt themselves after Phantom Lord, Juvia and Gajeel's former guild, brought their old building down 7 years ago.

Well.........they were celebrating....until.....

"ICE QUEEN!!"

"FLAME BREATH!!

"METAL HEAD!!"

...A fight broke out between 3 guild members. One, a steel dragon slayer, the aforementioned Gajeel Redfox, an ice make wizard named Gray Fullbuster, and one of the main characters of this story. Named Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel. The fire dragon slayer, who was raised by the fire dragon, Igneel.

Pretty soon, the whole guild joined in the fight, smashing all sorts of tables, benches, chairs and even the job request board in their wake. All of the guild.......except Lucy Heartfilia, Erza Scarlet and the Guildmaster, Makarov Dreyer.

Sure enough, Erza broke it up, bashing Natsu, Gray and Gajeel over their heads, disabling them and prompting the rest of the guild to stop. "Enough!! Looks like more bills are going to have to be payed for the damages. And you wonder why the Magic Council doesn't like us that much."

The downed trio, still in pain, expressed their apologies through strained replies.

"NATSU!! GAJEEL!! GRAY!!"

The trio's eyes widened as they heard Makarov's echoing voice resonate throughout the guild. "AS YOU STARTED THE BRAWL, YOU WILL CLEAN THIS MESS UP!!" Three brooms then landed in front of their bruised faces. "ERZA WILL SEE TO IT YOU DON'T SLOUCH!! AND AFTER YOU'VE DONE YOU GET YOURSELVES CLEANED UP!! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?!"

"Y-y-yes, Gramps!!" The three chimed while sweating profusely.


An hour an a half later, and the three mages finally finished cleaning up the guild. Makarov's voice then rang through the guild again.

"Natsu! I'd like to have a word with you for a moment, if you will!"

"Hm? Gimme a break, I was just gonna get myself cleaned up like you asked......."

In Makarov's quarters, Natsu trudged in, his face still covered in a few bruises. "You wanted me, Gramps?

"Why don't you go out and explore for a while, Natsu?" Makarov asked him, his voice calm and collected, unlike earlier.

"Huh?"

"You and Happy. Why don't you just go out and explore? I've already given you the next week off for your good effort at the Games so why don't you take it easy instead of starting nonsensical fights all the time.....we've only been back in this building since yesterday and that's the third fight you've started. I got a letter of complaint from the Magic Council last night right after you left for home."

Natsu thought this over long and hard. Seriously it was long. 10 minutes just standing there, with Makarov slowly starting to lose his patience with the pink haired dragon slayer. Finally, after the tedious waiting, Natsu finally made his decision. "Yeah, alright!" He ran out of the door then shouted "HAPPY!! EXPLORATION IN THE MOUNTAINS!!" And the shrill reply of "Aye sir!!" rang through the guild, making Makarov chuckle at the two.

5 minutes later, Natsu and Happy were about to step out. But Carla shouted after them. "Wait!" They turned to see her. "Be very careful......I had a vision.....but it was very faint.....but I saw you two. Don't do anything stupid."

Natsu grinned at the white Exceed's worry. "We'll be fine, Carla! We always are!"

Happy chimed in. "Aye! Don't worry! I'll bring ya back a fish!!" And with that they left the guild for a week of exploration. Carla sighed before saying to herself "Good luck you two......wherever you end up....."


(Later, in the mountains....)

"I spy with my little eye something beginning with.......R" Natsu suggested.

Happy deadpanned back at him. "Rocks......"

Natsu sighed in annoyance. "Right again........"

The duo continued trudging on in the mountains with their camping equipment, until Happy went next. "I spy.....something beginning with T.."

"Trees....." Natsu interrupted.

This made the little blue Exceed sigh as he summoned his wings and took to the air, looking for more things to hopefully see and keep this little pastime rolling. He kept on ascending and looking around. It's then he saw a bright purple glow in the distance. "Woah......"

"Hey, Happy!! Ya seeing anything?" Natsu bellowed up at his friend. Happy pointed a paw over where the purple glow is coming from.

"Something shiny!! From over there!!" He shouted back to the dragon slayer.

Natsu slapped on that massive grin of his then sped towards the object, leaving behind a trail of dust. When he came to it, he got a full view of what the object was. The object was what looked like a tiara. A golden one. It had what looked like blue gems lining the golden rim, while atop it, a huge purple star like jewel.. But right now it was glowing like crazy as Natsu looked in awe at it. Happy flew back down and landed right beside Natsu, taking a closer look at the strange glowing item.

"Whaddaya think it is, Natsu?" Happy asked with curiosity in his voice.

"I dunno, Happy........" Natsu replied while taking a few steps towards the glowing tiara, reaching out to grab it.

"Be careful Natsu........." Happy warned with cautiousness in his voice.

"Relax, Happy...." Natsu assured in a calm voice. "What's the worse that could happen?"

He grabbed the tiara and slowly brought it up to look at it closely, Happy flying up to it, looking at it.

They both stared wide eyed at it. "Whoaaa.........."

All of a sudden, the tiara started glowing brighter than before, blinding the Fairy Tail duo.

"What the hell's going on?!" Natsu asked in fright.

"I don't know!! It's getting brighter!!!" Natsu shouted as his whole line of sight went white.

"I hate being right!!" Happy shouted as he covered his eyes completely.

Before long, the white light vanishes, along with the tiara, Natsu and Happy.


Meanwhile, in a different place entirely....

Night time. In the sky, the moon and the stars shine brightly, courtesy of Princess Luna, co-ruler of Equestria, a land populated by ponies. Ponies here come in different colours, different sizes, different shapes and different races. There are the earth ponies, who's best attribute is their strength.There are the pegasi, who have wings to fly and who's best attribute is their speed and agility. And there are the unicorns, who instead of wings, have their horns. But they aren't well known for their strength or their agility. So they make up for that with their magic abilities.

Right now the focus is in the town of Ponyville. Located there is Golden Oaks Library. This library is different than most, in that it's a large, hollowed out tree. As it's night time, the library is closed. But not everypony there is asleep. A purple unicorn mare is laid in front of the fire, reading a book. This unicorn mare is quite different than most. For one, she's probably the most talented unicorn in Equestria when it comes to magic. Which would make sense, as she's the student of one of the co rulers of Equestria, Princess Celestia. When she was just a filly, she enrolled into Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. In her enrollment exam, Rainbow Dash, her friend, who she didn't know at the time, broke the sound barrier, performing a Sonic Rainboom, and the intensity caused her's magic to spew out of her control, and the immense power she demonstrated, as well as hatching her dragon friend, Spike, showed Celestia what the unicorn was capable of, and after getting the situation under control, she recommended that she tame her abilities through studying.

Her name is Twilight Sparkle. Element of Magic.

After the defeat of Discord, a week ago, her element had mysteriously vanished without a trace. Celestia had sent the letter to Twilight as soon as she found out, and recommended that Twilight find some way of getting it back. So since then, she looked through all the books in the library to find any clues that may lead to the whereabouts of her element. But so far, she hadn't found anything. So she gave it a rest and the book she had now was a book about different types of known magic, including the regular magic that she uses herself...

"Unicorn magic.......that's what I use.......pegasus magic.....I presume that's how they're able to walk on clouds and manipulate the weather.......earth pony magic.........dragon magic.........dark magic? That's forbidden......chaotic magic. That's what Discord uses....right? Gah, I dunno. I don't even wanna remember that......" She turned her head to the window, looking outside at the moon shining in the night. "I wonder how many more types of magic are out there?" She turned her head to the side to look at her little dragon friend Spike, who's asleep snuggled against her. She always thought of him as a little brother, despite them not being the same species. Or even her own son, as she was the one who hatched him with her magic in the first place. Whatever they are, they've always been very close as long as they've known each other. She lifted one of her front hooves and ruffled his head playfully. This made Spike smile and fidget while sleeping, sighing as he does so. But then, all of a sudden, he woke up with a jolt, holding his belly. "Oof...."

"Spike?"

BRAAAAAAAP!!

He belched out a scroll in a flurry of green flame. This was how Twilight and Celestia communicated with each other. Through dragon fire. Whenever Twilight or her friends wanted to send something, they dictated it to Spike, who wrote it down on a piece of parchment. Afterwards, the parchment was rolled up, then Spike breathed flames on it, which sent it to Celestia all the way in Canterlot. And when a letter was coming from Celestia to the library, Spike literally burped it out. It was a convenient way of communication.

Twilight caught the scroll with her magic then opened it up to read. Spike looked up at her. "What does it say, Twilight?"

She cleared her throat before reading: "Dear Twilight: As you are aware, your element went missing from the vaults a week ago. Just after Discord's defeat.

"Well as Luna was watching over the night, both of us felt a burst of magical energy. Luna also said she saw two bright glows coming the Ponyville area........one of them coming from the same area Spike and Rarity encountered the Diamond Dogs. The other one came from the other side Ponyville, near Sugarcube Corner. I know it's late but I think it's a necessity to investigate this."

Spike raised an eyebrow, deadpanning. "Seriously? At 10 at night?"

"It felt familiar as well. Me and Luna have both been speculating that it might be the Element of Magic. But whether that's true or not remains to be seen. Do make sure to investigate as soon as possible, Remember how vital it is that the Element is kept safe. And the sooner it gets back here, the better. Best of luck, Twilight.

All the best.
Princess Celestia."

Spike spoke first. "So basically we've gotta go down to the plains.....in the dark?"

Twilight nodded with a sigh. "Yup."

"Wow, I feel safe right about now......"

All of a sudden, there was a loud knocking at the door, starting both Spike and Twilight. It was Twilight that answered the door. There stood a tan skin coloured pony with a spiky rosy pink mane and an equally pink tail. He had a flame for a cutie mark and on his right shoulder was a dark reddish tattoo that looked like a fairy. He was also wearing a scale patterned scarf. He looked tired and exhausted. Twilight tilted her head in curiosity. "....Hello there........are you alright?"

The pony looked up at her, exhaustion clear in his eyes.

Twilight's expression turned to worry. "Don't overwork yourself in your state. A friend of mine did that and it wasn't pretty to say the least."

The pink maned pony managed a chuckle and a toothy grin.

Twilight giggled at the pony's grin. "Sooo, what are you doing knocking on the door at this hour? It's very late and everypony here's in bed...."

The pink maned pony's eyes started drooping "........Bright light......tiara........purple star.....Happy...." and then he collapsed in the doorway of the library.

Twilight was startled by the sudden collapse. "Spike!! Help me get this pony in!" Spike immediately hurried over to the door and saw the pony.

"A stallion with a pink mane and tail? Now there's something ya don't see everyday...."

Author's Note:

There's something else about this pony that ya don't see everyday, Spike! -Insert Gajeel laugh here-

So yeah, this is the first chapter. If you liked it, click that faves button and tick for those email updates! I mean....if you want to of course......

Any criticisms are appreciated....unless it's flames......then Natsu will just send them back.

So anywho, see ya!