• Published 5th Oct 2013
  • 381 Views, 0 Comments

Equestrian Combat Club - Flames173



Long ago, Equestria's inhabitants were always at war with each other. They always fought to prove who was the most powerful. One pony discovered a way to prove who the most powerful is, and she created the ECC.

  • ...
 0
 381

Mushchi the wonder cat

After the fire and smoke cleared the town, Trixie went back in. She carefully maneuvered around the wreckage. She went to her house. She looked around, her father's body was nowhere to be seen, but her mother's was still there. She looked around for anything she could salvage.

"Trixie." A raspy voice said. Trixie turned around quickly. "Trixie, help me." Her mother coughed gingerly.

Trixie ran over to her and pushed the blackened beam off of her mother. "Mom?" Trixie asked, her eyes tearing up.

"Trixie, go to the Tournament, demand entry as a wildcard. You must win, do it, for me."

Trixie picked up her mother. Her whole body was black and red with burn marks. "Mother. I, I will never forget you."

"Go Trixie, you must go. Go now."

"I, I can't mom, I'm not string enough."

"You can do it."

"Mom, I, I love you."

"I love you too Trixie, and I believe in you. You can do it! GO!"

"But, mom."

Her mother didn't respond, she didn't blink, she didn't twitch.

"I love you mom." Trixie's tears ran down her face and fell on her mother. After a few minutes, she dug a hole and put her mother in it. She made a make-shift grave. She wandered the town for anything. She did manage to make several practice dummies. Muschi helped, more or less. Trixie beat the wood effigies with her staff until they shattered, then she rebuilt them. All the while, Muschi was sniffing at the ground and digging a hole. Each time through, the statues broke faster and faster. She eventually got to the point where the wood ponies would no longer be rebuilt.

Muschi began to meow a lot, so often that it drove Trixie to the brink of madness.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT WITH ME MUSCHI?!" she shouted.

Muschi sat in front of a small hole, in it was a paper.

"Huh?" Trixie picked it up and read it.

Dear Trixie,

If you are reading this, then our town has been destroyed. I have trained Muschi to do various odd things after the fire. You are most certainly alive, and I am most likely dead. The staff I have given you has mysterious properties your limited knowledge of magic couldn't explain. If Muschi starts acting odd, follow him. He knows where various notes are hidden. Go to Hoofington, enter the Tournament of Champions, win it. You can purge the lands, and then, you can do anything you want. I know you can do it Trixie. Don't give up!

Love, Rich

"No way." Trixie said, looking at the paper. "He, he knew this would happen the whole time."

"Meow." Muschi cuddled up to his owner.

"Muschi, you are so cute."

"Meow."

"Trixie?"

"What? No way, Lyra?"

"TRIXIE!" A cyan unicorn ran up to her old friend.

"LYRA!" Trixie hugged her friend. The two unicorns looked at each other.

"I, I thought I was the only survivor." Lyra said, crying.

"And I thought I was going to be stuck with this stupid cat until I died!" Trixie laughed at the insanity of the thought.

"So, how's it going?" Lyra asked.

"Good, I was just getting ready for the Tournament of Champions."

"The Tournament of Champions? You're kidding right?"

"Nope."

"Trixie, no pony who entered as a wildcard has ever lived past the third round. And I'm pretty sure that you're not in the ECC, considering you have to be at Hoofington in two hours to join." Lyra explained.

"I know."

"Look, I just came back from a trip to Hoofington, you have two weeks to get there and convince the pony at the desk that you're worthy of being a wildcard."

"So, to Hoofington we go then."

Muschi mewed as loud as he could.

"What is it Muschi?" Trixie asked.

Muschi stood at the hole he dug. He looked in it.

"Something else?" Trixie dug a little deeper, there was a small sack of fish flavored snacks and something made of leather.

"What is it?" Lyra asked.

Trixie inspected the leather object closer. "It's some sort of sash thing."

"Oh, I see, it's a holster for the staff." Lyra said after come looking over and awkwardly putting it on wrong.

Trixie looked at it one last time and put it on. Then she slid the staff in it. "You're right. That's cool. Good Muschi." Trixie took out a fish snack and gave it to Muschi. "Well, to Hoofington we go."

The two friends headed to Hoofington and Muschi followed, playing with a dangling strap from the leather sheath.

"Oh Muschi." Trixie laughed at the innocent kitten.