• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 1,109 Views, 19 Comments

The Shattered Remnants of My Mind - Chivalry



Since the hazing Incident, Leon hasn't been the same. Side Story for BlackSpire's "A New Arrival!"

  • ...
4
 19
 1,109

Prelude

Prelude:

Leon Christo had been living in Canterlot for just over a year now studying at the Canterlot's School for Aspiring Artists. In that time, he had gained the respect of many students and teachers at the school for being the one of the best artists they've ever had. However, with this reputation came a great consequence; A number of students began to bully him because of his exceptional talents. He chose to keep the bullying to himself, as he didn't want anybody to worry about him.

He was walking home from school one day, and took his usual route through an alleyway to get to his house. It was his least favorite part of walking home. The alleyway was cold, dark and damp. The putrid and rancid smell of the trash cans lingered in the stale air that seem to permeate around the area. However, that one day would forever change his life...

"Hey Christo! Where are you off to in such a hurry?" asked a white colored pegasus pony with white hair, as he walked out from behind a dumpster, blocking Leon's path.

Rolling his eyes, Leon began to answer back, "Listen Michael! I haven't got time for this. Now if you'd kindly move out of my way, before I-Woah!" he was tackled to the ground from behind and was being restrained as five other ponies proceeded to tie him up.

"Now I need to have a little word with you. See this is how it is; because of you getting the highest marks in the year by a good 20%, my parents are forcing me to take extra classes, and go out less. My pocket money is being cut off AND my Father would rather have some street urchin like you for a son, than me!"

Leon began to respond, "Well maybe if you'd" he was cut off with a kick to the face from Michael. A sickening crunch could he heard as his nasal bone broke under the force of the stallion's kick. He couldn't even clutch his face in pain because his hooves were tied. Blood flowed freely from his broken nose and pooled on the cold cobbled floor.

"You'll speak when I tell you to speak!" an enraged Michael now yelled at the bloody faced Leon. "It's all your fault that everything has gone downhill. Before, you came to the school I was the best in the year. I was able to do whatever I pleased! My family loved me! Then when you came, and all of that was taken from me! But not just me! All of these ponies here have been affected by your presence at the school. So...I think you need to be punished for ruining the lives of so many of us!" Michael finished with a deranged look in his eyes, "Claude, gag this street rat up. I want to make sure no one hears him scream from what we're about to do to him."

As the red unicorn pony named Claude, stuffed Leon's mouth with some cloth and taped his mouth shut. Leon's crimson eyes were now filled with fear. Fear of what these six ponies were going to do to him.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Twilight and Sunny had both finished a long day at school, and were both walking towards her house for a study session to prepare for an 'Advances in Magical Studies in the Last Century' test tomorrow.

They stopped outside of a market store as Mrs. Sparkle had asked Twilight to get some groceries for her on the way back home. Sunny was waiting outside of the store for Twilight to come out when he heard groans coming from the alleyway next to the store.

Looking into the alleyway he was horrified at the sight before him. There were six ponies two earth, two pegasi and two unicorns all surrounding the bloody body of another pegasus pony. All of their hooves were covered in blood. The horns of the unicorns were also covered and dripping in blood. The groans were coming from the seemingly lifeless carcass on the ground.

He knew he had to do something to stop this crime, but he wasn't about to foolishly go in alone with no plan on how to stop them.

Just then a voice next to him spoke up, "Sunny what are you doing looking in thi-MPPHMM!" her eyes went wide at the sight she saw, but was quickly silenced by Sunny's hoof covering her mouth and pulling her away.

Once he had gotten her to calm down he spoke, "Listen very carefully Twi! You need to go get help! Call an ambulance to come over here quickly! Get the police as well! I'll stay here and think of a way to divert those ponies attention away from that poor guy."

Just when Twilight, was about to open her mouth is disapproval he carried on, "Listen I know you aren't happy with that, but time is really crucial here! There's no knowing how much time that pegasus has left. So every second matters, now please go get help!"

Knowing she wasn't going to win this argument, she quickly hurried off into the store again to find a telephone and call for help.

Meanwhile, Sunny looked back onto the scene in front of him. He scanned the area around him for something, anything that could help him divert their attention. Looking around the alleyway all he could see were trashcans, a few bricks lying on the ground, a few empty glass bottles. The cogs of his brain were working over-time as he thought out all the possible outcomes of the fight and still have it end in his favor. He played out the entire scene in his mind and went through the steps like a flash forward. All of this was done in the space of just a few seconds showing the true cognitive power that he was gifted with.

Putting the first part of his plan into action, he focused his magic on the heads of the six ponies. He began to cast a 'Shadow Blind' spell. Whilst it took a lot of effort to perform just the one spell on multiple ponies, he could tell he was successful just seconds later from all the shouts he heard;

"H-hey what's going on!"
"Why has everything gone dark?"
"Oh Celestia! I'm blind!"

Quickly putting the second part of his plan into action, he got out from his hiding place and using a 'Levitation' spell to pick up two bricks. He then proceeded to smash the bricks into the two unicorn's heads before they could dispel his incantation.

Hearing the sound of the bricks breaking against the skulls of the unicorns followed by the dull thumps the two bodies made when they impacted against the cobbled floor, the white pegasus Sunny pinned as the leader turned towards the direction of the noise, "W-who's there?...C-come out and show yourself!" His voice was laced in timid fear.

As the four ponies made their way blindly towards the source of the sound, Sunny began step three of his plan of action... Using another 'Levitation' spell he threw a bottle in the opposite direction. The sound of the glass shattering caused all of the ponies to turn around. Using this as a distraction, he grabbed a couple more bricks and proceeded to knock out the two earth ponies, while at the same time chucking a few more bottles in different areas to confuse the remaining two pegasi about what exactly was going on.

By this time, the other pegasus started to freak out, "I'm getting outta here! You can fight this guy on your own, Michael!" he said as he took off blindly, smashing himself head-first into a wall and knocked himself unconscious.

Only the white pegasus remained of the six ponies. By this point he was completely terrified. Not being able to see anything around him and not knowing what happened to his friends... he grimaced as he imagined what must have happened to them.

Sunny wiped his brow as he used one last 'Levitation' spell to put the final part of his plan into action. Michael started flailing about as he was suddenly lifted up in to the air.

"H-Hey! Put me down! What are you doing?" he yelled as he was carried towards an open dumpster. With a smirk, Sunny dropped the evil pegasus into it, and then proceeded to use his magic to seal the dumpster preventing Michael from escaping. Now that all six ponies had been taken care of, he quickly, rushed to the beaten pony's side to examine the damage...

It didn't look good.

A lot of the skin on his face had been scrapped off leaving it a bloody mess. His left eye was severely damaged, swollen shut and had turned black. Sunny's stomach started to churn when he noticed the puss already seeping from it. His nose was definitely broken as it was bent inwards. He had several stab wounds across his legs and body, most likely from the unicorn's horns. His wings were also splayed out in awkward positions suggesting they had been broken. The majority of his body was covered in his own blood. Underneath all the blood there were bruises covering his body from the intense beating they gave him. The blood also covered some burns around his legs. He was barely breathing and it was getting weaker and weaker as time moved on. His wounds were still leaking out blood at an alarming rate.

Sunny began to use his magic to the pony's blood platelets clot and slow the bleeding as well as any first aid magic to help prevent a serious infection. He did everything he could to keep the colt breathing until Twilight came with help. Thankfully, it didn't take much longer.

As he was being stretchered off to the hospital, the colt groaned to his saviors, "W-Wha...What are y-your names?

"My name is Sunny and this is Twilight." he said, pointing to the purple unicorn beside him.
"You're safe now. So rest up." he continued with a look of worry. He wondered whether the pegasus was going to make it or not.

"T-tha...Thank...you." he groaned out before losing consciousness.

----------------------------------------------------------------