• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 1,106 Views, 19 Comments

The Shattered Remnants of My Mind - Chivalry



Since the hazing Incident, Leon hasn't been the same. Side Story for BlackSpire's "A New Arrival!"

  • ...
4
 19
 1,106

Recollection

Chapter One. Recollection

'W-where am I?'

Leon tried to open his eyes, only to find something blocking his vision. Was coming out of the haze he awoke in, and realized, his whole body was in agonizing pain. He couldn't help but gasp at the sudden shockwave that surged through him.

'What the hell happened to m... Oh, yea, that...' Leon thought, as the memory of the beating flooded back into memory. 'Well, thank Celestia I can feel anything at all! If it weren't for that stallion... What was his name... Sunny, I think? I'll have to find him and thank him once I get the chance.'

"Hey. I think he's waking up!" Leon heard a voice say, but it sounded far off in the distance for him to be able to tell who it was. "Oh! I-I'll go get the doctor... Watch him." Again, Leon tried to open his eyes, and his response was a pounding headache. "Ugh..." He groaned. He tried to move his hooves to his head to help ease the pain, but checked that motion. 'If just opening my eyes hurt THAT bad, I don't even want to try to move anything else.'

"Hello? Mr. Christo? Can you hear me? Can you speak?" The voices were getting louder and clearer now. He could tell that he was speaking to a mare.

"Y-yes," Leon croaked out,

"Can you tell me your whole name?" the voice asked.

"My name?"

"Yes, hun. I need you to tell me your whole name..."

"My n-name is... Leon Alexander Christo.:

"Ok. Do you know your mother's name?" "Moondancer."

"...and your sister's?"

"Windbreaker"

Leon heard the sound of papers shuffling, then some inaudible whispers being shared be some of the ponies in the room...

'so, there is more than just one person here...'

"Leon, my name is Dr. Grey. You are at the Canterlot General Hospital. You got pretty banged up. How do you feel?" Dr. Grey said. Leon heard the concern in the mare's voice.

"Oh, I'm fine. Still breathing." Leon finished the statement with a wince. He felt a sharp pain in his sides as if there were a knife there.

"Go ahead and give him the pain medication." Dr. Grey said to one of the others in the room.

"Hey, Leon, I have a couple of things that I need you to tell me about what happened today."

Leon recounted all of the events that took place, well, all he could remember. Once he had finished, he heard a group of ponies walking out of the room.

"E-Excuse me, Dr. Grey?" Leon asked in a very quiet, soft tone.

"Yes?" She replied.

"C-can you remove whatever is keeping me from seeing?"

"Well, the bandages are keeping you from bleeding out,"

Leon shook at this. 'bleeding out? what kind of doctor tells their patient that if they remove the bandages, he could bleed out!'

"...but I can cut part of it away so you can see from your right eye. Would that be ok?"

"T-That's fine. Thank you."

"Ok, now I need you to hold very still."

He could hear the sound of cloth being cut and feel the light tug on the bandages as Dr. Grey removed the small portion.

As he opened his eye, the light flooded in, causing him to shut it abruptly. After a while, he tried again. This time, he was ready for it, and began to look around. the room he was in was rather large. There were three white walls and one large window. The furniture is just what you'd expect to see in any hospital room. A couple chairs were next to the bed, a wooden desk sat in the corner out of the way, and on it was a simple reading lamp.

When Leon looked down, he instantly wished he hadn't. He saw that he was completely covered in blood soaked bandages, and anything that wasn't covered by a bandage was had tubes protruding out of it. Again, he said his prayers.

As he looked left, he saw the green curtain that separated his bed from the others in the room and his bed's T.V. Then he saw Dr. Grey. She was a Peach colored unicorn with green eyes. She wore her dark blonde mane up in a bun to keep it out of the way, small lensed glasses, and a white lab coat. After seeing her, Leon blushed a bit. 'Wow. She looks beautiful... '

"Leon, you have some guests, would you like to see them?" She asked, looking him dead in the eye. Leon froze a bit, unable to answer her. 'Why am I so dang shy around mares?'

"Uh, Leon? Are you ok?"

"Y-y-yes! Please, s-send them in..."