• Published 5th Feb 2014
  • 346 Views, 0 Comments

Bring the Thunder - Ze Guest



Alright, so basically I get knocked up, brought back to health, struck by lightning and now I have to go on a stupid quest. Go figure.

  • ...
 0
 346

1: The Canterlot Heist

I always wondered why no one liked me. Was it because I was different. That's what they all say. Is it because I'm bad. I'm not. Well, I can't say that now, can I? Whoever put me on that doorstep must have had a reason. Maybe there was just something about me? That- that makes sense. Now? Well, I highly doubt they came what I'm doing now. I knowThey don't care.

I stood on guard in front of a large vault inside of the palace. I've been waiting for quite a while now but I know sooner or later, it will happen. "So, Rock Well, hear any good rumors lately?" asked Sgt. Bull.

Well, Bull wasn't his actual name, but I never got time to learn his real name. All I know about his nickname is that it has something to do with his immense strength and quick temper. "No, nothing at all, really." I told him having to keep up the broad Sireish accent.

It was easy to hide from him. My face mask protected me from tipping off any-pony, or as I prefer it " anybody,"
The face mask itself didn't arouse suspicion since everyone was used to seeing this type of armor. Only the best of the best could wear it. And the armor was full body too, to block the rare color of my fur. So why am I guarding the vault? I simply asked permission and the spot was mine. Of course I had to sprinkle a bit of fake affection to get it, but it worked like a charm. "I still can't believe you took to guard the vault." said Bull

"Well, I though it would be a good gesture. It's a very big day for Shining Armor and the last thing I want him to worry about is money. Am I right?" I lied to him.

"I'm just saying, man. It's boring as hell." Bull complained

I hung my head and sighed. "Just stop bitching and talk about something else, and if not then don't talk at all."

I could tell that Bull was about to destroy me. But to him I was his better, he wouldn't dare. And if he did, he could lose his job, or with me, his life which didn't matter to me. We're all destined to die, some closer to it than others. Like my old friend who sacrificed himself for this, but also complicated the job. Or that Rock Well guy. Or that other one. Hint, hint. "Rock Well, I'm just saying, he gave you permission to be right in front of the doors and you blew it off. You would have been remembered." said Bull.

"Well, some times, the future can be more important than the present." I told him.

Bull just rolled his eyes and did the greatest thing he could, shut up. I wonder if they just bailed on it, said it won't work. But how could they? The chance to rule Equestria? No one would just bail on it. Then my question was answered, but not the way I hoped. "P-Princess Cadence!?" shouted Bull. I was just as confused as he was.

"Bull! Rock Well! Listen to me, I think we're going to be attacked!" she told us.

"What!? By who!? Terrorists!?" Bull asked sounding like a bumbling idiot.

"No. Changelings." And with that, she ran off.

There was someone behind her too. A lavender unicorn. She turned to us and just said, "Good luck." and did the same as Cadence.

Bull tried to run but I quickly held the end my spear in front of him, my hoof was almost touching the point. Bull looked at me with confusion. Then I swung it back and slapped him right in the face with it and the stick part broke in half. Bull fell back and I quickly put the blade in his chest. Bull looked at me in horror. "Rock Well..." He squeezed out.

Thankfully, the armor covered me head to hoof, until now. I threw off the helmet, revealing someone completely different. As he looked at my face covered in black fur he almost started to cry. "I'm sorry. You must be mistaken" I said to him, finally being able to drop the accent.

"Why-Why are you doing this?" Bull asked me.

"Two reasons," I told him." One: Money. Everything has to do with money. And Two: I can't have witnesses, am I right?"

"Go to Hell!" shouted Bull.

I shoved the blade in deeper and he winced and cried. "Good. I'll see you there..." I said, quietly.

I pulled the blade out and that was that. The shouts and screams of the attack were getting closer. I quickly put in the code to the vault, 44-19-27-2, (Ha! I'll never forget it!) and slipped in. I pulled out my coin purse and decided it was best to leave my armor on. Now you're probably thinking, How are you going to rob a whole royal vault with a little coin purse!? And the answer, it was enchanted, which meant I could fit any number of money into it. Oh, by the way, if you are imagining a little girly purse then stop thinking because it's just a little brown sack. Nothing too appealing. This was the last gift my friend had given me before that brute killed him.

I busted the look to a little cell where some money was stashed and started shoving it into my coin purse, until I heard the vault door blast open. The changelings had broken in and they just went on destroying everything they saw. I scrambled around, looking for a place to hide. It was too late though, they saw me.

They shot lasers using their horns which I thought was ridiculous. I pulled out the spear head for it being the only way to attack them. One instantly flew over and tried to get behind me but I simply held up the spear head and he was dust, literally. He just exploded into black dust. That left two of them and they were most likely going to kill me. They were shooting the lasers at me so all I could do is dodge. I hid behind a corner and waited for them to come around. I saw the head of one of them and quickly threw the spear and I got him right in the neck and then, dust.

The last changeling turned its head and I quickly felt a burning sensation in my back leg. There was a chink in my armor. I ran towards him as he tried to hit me again but man, was I someone else or what! I mean, sure I'm small so I can move quickly but I was all over this guy. Either he really sucked at accuracy or I- I don't know. I jumped up, put my hoofs on the sides of this head, one moved forward, one back and he was dust.

I fell to the ground and grabbed my shin. Little drops of blood covered the floor, my blood that is. But now was not the time to cry because of a little boo-boo. Now was the time to... wait. I turned around too see my life's only hope in shreds. My enchanted coin purse was just a cloth of lost hopes and dreams. As stupid as it sounds, that is exactly how I felt and nothing less. I could almost feel myself crying. Nothing made sense anymore. My life is literally a series of unfortunate events. But I could hear ponies running down the hallway so I had no choice but to suck it up and get the hell out of there. Whatever the cost.

Author's Note:

Good luck taking this seriously! Oh, and by the way, feel free to be your own version of Simon Cowell. Seriously, this is my first story and I'm somewhat ambitious. Still waiting... just stop reading this.