• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 1,159 Views, 11 Comments

This is who I am (Doctor whooves) - drwhoovescompanion



The doctor has choices of which he can never be happy with.

  • ...
1
 11
 1,159

Abandonment








Same enemies new problems: chapter 3, Abandonment *Ditzy’s POV*



Ditzy sighed as she exited the Tardis, It felt good to be back home. She had to go see her friends first, obviously. Even though on the relative timeline it had only been a week, for her it had been considerably longer. She figured it was best to not question time itself, doing so would give her a headache. So she decided that she should first pay a visit to her good friend Carrot Top, considering that they were roommates for a long time. So she started heading down the streets of ponyville towards her destination.

Ditzy walked with a merry spring in her step through ponyville, making sure to say hi to everypony that she passed. It was about midday currently, and even though not even an hour ago she almost died, she felt more alive than ever before.

After an uneventful ten minute walk she came to a small house close to the edge of town. It was a regular house by most standards, it was a two story house with the standard thatched roof, it had tan outer walls with a couple of windows in the front,and to finish it off it had a small chimney on the side for those cold nights.

She sighed as she walked up to the house and knocked on the door. This place had so many good memories in it, so Ditzy was getting the familiar feeling of nostalgia. She knocked one more time for good measure.

Ditzy heard some shuffling from inside the house and then a small crash. Ditzy winced when she heard that.

“Are you ok in there?”she said

There was a stop in the movement on the other side of the door.

“Ditzy…..Is that you?” came the voice from the other side

“Yeah.”

Suddenly the door slammed open and an orange blur tackled Ditzy, knocking her to the ground. Ditzy opened her eyes to Carrot top sitting on top of her with tears forming in the corners of her eyes. Before she could react She was hugging her.

“Carrot top what’s wrong?” Ditzy asked as she returned the hug.

“You disappeared without a trace a week ago, How could this be alright, you had me worried sick!”

“I’m sorry I didn’t say anything about where I went, it was kind of a spontaneous decision.”

“Let’s head inside Ditzy you have to tell me what happened.” Carrot top said as she got off of Ditzy and headed for the the door to the house.

Ditzy stood up and made her way over to the door of the house. When she entered that feeling of nostalgia quickly came back to her. She sighed as she took in her surroundings.

Carrot top cleared her throat loudly to get Ditzy’s attention, walked into the kitchen sat down and motioned for Ditzy to sit.

“Ditzy I want to know where you went.”

“You... Do.”

Ditzy had to think about what to say for a second, if she told her that she just went on a random trip then Carrot top would get suspicious. On the other hoof, if she told her that she went with a random stallion through space and time she might think that she was crazy. She winced at the thought of being thrown into the looney bin. After after thinking it over she knew that there was only one option.

“Carrot?” She said shakily

“Yes?”

“Have you ever had the laws of time and physics broken right before your eyes?”

Carrot top raised her eyebrow “Ditzy, I don’t think this has anything to do with what I was asking you.”

“Just, let me explain for a second.” Ditzy said

“Alright.”

“Well….” She shifted uncomfortably “I met a stallion……”


=====================================================================

1 week ago (by the normal timeline)


Ditzy stood outside the postal office, she had just finished work not to long ago. She worked as a postal delivery mare. So sometimes she had to go out of town to make special deliveries. When that happened she usually came home late, So this was not surprising to her at all. She looked up at the sky to see some pegasi arranging the clouds. The weather ponies had scheduled a heavy downpour of rain for this afternoon. From what she was hearing from Pinkie was that it was gonna be a doozy. She sighed ,another slow week, and not much to show for it. This was really starting to become a depressing weekly routine. She started to walk towards her home, at least she had her good friend Carrot top to help her when she was feeling this way. It was nice to have someone who cared so much.

Ditzy started walking down the street thinking about what she was going to do when she got home. Judging by the time Carrot top probably had dinner ready. A small smile escaped her lips and she felt a little better, Carrot top was a great cook so she could at least expect a good meal.

Sadly just as fast as that happiness came it left almost instantaneously, all at once rain shattered the quiet of the streets. Apparently the weather ponies were a little early with the rain.
Ditzy was about to curse her bad luck but all of the sudden a chestnut colored stallion crashed into her sending her and him into a nearby mud puddle.

“Augh Hey! watch where you’re going!” She yelled at him while pushing him off.

“Terribly sorry but I can’t emphasize how much you need to run.” He said with a worried look on his face.

“Excuse me?” Ditzy said back

“Running, you know? That thing where you move your legs in a rapid pace and move fast, yeah you should start doing that.”

“Why?”

“Ummm…” He turns around for a second, and freezes.

“What is it?”

He slowly raises his hoof to point at something. At first she can’t see a thing through the heavy rain but then she notices a silhouette. As Ditzy focuses her eyes she sees a statue standing there, holding its hooves over its face. She sees nothing else but the statue so she assumed that was what he was talking about.

“Are you talking about the statue over there?”

“Precisely.” He said not taking his eyes off of it.

“What’s so bad about a statue?” She said still staring at it.

“Thats no ordinary statue.”

“What?”

“Alright I’m gonna need you to listen very carefully, when I say go we’re going to start backing up very slowly and keep our eyes on the statue.” He said slowly

“Why?”

“Just trust me … 3… 2… 1… Go.”

Ditzy was starting to feel nervous, this stallion must be crazy. She started to move backwards.

“Alright miss I’m going to blink make sure that you keep your eyes open.” He said stopping

Ditzy had enough of this crazy stallion and decided to do what she wanted. As she was about to turn around and walk away she slowly closed and opened her eyes. What she saw made her light grey coat grow even paler. The statue that they were walking away from was now substantially closer to where they were standing. That part creeped her out, but the thing that truly scared her was the fact that the statue no longer had it’s hooves over its face. The statue’s hooves were outstretched towards them revealing the horror of the statues face.

The statue’s face had piercing blank eyes and a mouth that opened up to reveal a set of sharp teeth that a pony should not have. Its wings were outstretched, and the whole statue was lunging towards them.

“Mi... Mister?” She said with fear dripping from her voice.

“Yes?... You blinked, didn’t you?”

“Yeah.”

“No one ever listens… Alright, for your own sake, please do as I say.”

Ditzy nodded her head really fast not taking her eyes off of the demon statue.

“Alright, we are going to take refuge in my ship… Do you understand?”

“Yes.”
“Ok now start backing up slowly, my ship is just around the corner so we have to be careful when we break eye contact with it.”

“O- Ok.”

Ditzy started to move backwards slowly with the stallion. The fact that it was raining made it harder to keep her eyes open. There was an uneasy quiet settling on the street, all she could hear was the sound of the rain hitting the ground, and the sound of their hooves moving slowly.
They slowly approached the corner making sure to keep their eyes on the unmoving statue.

“Mister, how much farther.” Ditzy said with a quiver in her voice.

“Actually, we are at the corner, so listen carefully. You are going to run towards a blue box and get inside, I will follow shortly.”

“Ok.”

“Ready? 3... 2… 1… RUN!”

Ditzy turned around and ran as fast as she could. She ran around the corner and saw the blue box the stallion was talking about. She approached it and saw the words “POLICE BOX” on the top.


===================================================================

Present day

“And when I got inside the blue box it was bigger on the inside then on the outside, anyway not too long after I got inside, the stallion busted through the door and closed it quickly.” Ditzy said excitedly.

Carrot top just sat there as she told the story but not listening to most of what she said. All she could do was worry about how her poor friend has gone off the deep end.

“Ditzy, please stop.” She said

“What?” Ditzy said with a confused look on her face.

“Ditzy have you been feeling ok?”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“It means I’m worried for your health.”

“... You think I’m crazy don’t you?”

“Ditzy I don-”

“I can prove it.” Ditzy said standing up. “Follow me Carrot I can prove that I’m not crazy.”

“Ditzy please.”

“Please trust me Carrot.”

Carrot Top sighed “Ok, fine. Show me.”

Ditzy stood up and ran for the door. Carrot Top followed behind closely. Ditzy opened the door and broke out into a full gallop down the streets of ponyville. Ponies stopped and stared as a strange gray mare ran through the streets followed by another pony with an orange mane. Ditzy ran all the way to where the Tardis was. She stopped and looked around bewildered.

“Where is it?”

Carrot Top caught up to her and sat beside her.

“Ok. Now what am I supposed to see?”

“It... It was right here less than an hour ago, where did it go!?” Ditzy said with worry evident on her face

“Ditzy I’m sure that it was here, now lets head back inside you need rest.”

“Don’t talk to me like I’m crazy!” She half yelled

“Ditzy I’m no-”

“He... He left me.” Ditzy said as tears were starting to form in the corners of her eyes.

“Ditz-”

“How could he leave me? I... I thought he c-cared.” She said as tears started rolling down her cheeks.

“Ditzy come on now, lets go home.” Carrot top said as she hugged ditzy.

“Ditzy!” called a voice in the distance.

Ditzy looked up to see applebloom running towards her with a letter in her mouth.

“Ditzy a strange stallion told me to give this to ya.” She said.

Ditzy reached out and took the note, she opened it, and read.



Dear Ditzy,


I’m sorry about the circumstances in which you are receiving this letter but, I had to do this.
Ditzy you mean the world to me, when I almost lost you I practically lost my mind. I could not bear the thought of losing you. We have had so many adventures together and they will always make me smile thinking about them. But I can’t allow myself to put you in harms way anymore. So I have to leave. If you hate me, I understand. Just, do me a favor and live your life happily... And forget me. Do not let me plague your thoughts. I will miss you, but you deserve better.

Sincerely,

The Doctor

Ditzy re-read the letter over and over again. Every time she read it she hoped that she read it wrong, but the end result was still the same. She dropped the letter and turned towards Carrot Top.

“Lets go.”

“Ditzy are you o-”

“I SAID LETS GO.”

Ditzy turned and started walking towards Carrot top’s house. Carrot Top walked beside her.
No words were exchanged, they just walked in silence. Ditzy turned her head towards where the Tardis was but the spot still remained empty. Soon to just be a sad memory.

Author's Note:

GAH I'm a terrible person for taking so long. School is not allowing me as much free time to write but here you go. :)

If you like this story make sure to check out my . Vinyl scratch story.

Until next time............ EXTERMINATE.