• Published 19th Sep 2013
  • 2,696 Views, 96 Comments

Far Cries Of Hope - Blueball-Blitz



Scootaloo never thought she'd become a single mother at this age and the worst part is that no pony knew about it to help her, however a certian loyal pegasus returnes to Eqestria and will do anything to help out her little sister in her trouble

  • ...
4
 96
 2,696

Chapter 3 - Stealth mode

Light hoofsteps could be heard on a lone cloud just outside a small earth pony village in Equestria, a cyan mare peared over the edge of the fluffy mass as she scanned the area below for any signs of life, satisfied with the silence the mare looked back over towards her sister at the other end of the cloud with her foal tightly wrapped in her wings to keep the small pony from getting too cold from the night's breeze

The cyan mare smiled, "All looks clear from down there now what's say we get you home Scoot" she said with a joyful tone as she scanned across the sky for the next available cloud before jumping over to it and motioning for Scoots to do the same, the orange mare sighed and put the foal securely on her back before jumping over onto the next cloud as they closed in on Rainbow's house

Rainbow looked down again and saw the tall building in the center of town that was ironically named as town hall, the lights of the building were still operating, meaning there was probably a meeting taking place inside, Dash could only guess it was the town's weekly weather meeting.

The rainbow maned mare then scanned the town to find the clock tower and gasped when she saw that it was only a few minutes before the meeting was supposed to end.

Rainbow looked back at Scootaloo with a hint of worry, "we need to get moving" she said in a slightly panicked tone but still keeping it quiet enough to be a whisper.

Scootaloo nodded, "okay,are you just gonna fly us over?" she asked

Rainbow Dash shook her head, "I can't if I flew they'd hear me and I'm meant to be at that meeting right now" Dash retorted as she searched around frantically for the next cloud, she found another but it was a slightly larger jump, bracing herself the older mare pulled back slightly before jumping onto the next could as she was now directly above the town hall.

Rainbow motioned for Scootaloo to make the jump the slightly younger mare was a bit hesitant about this, she took a few paces back before jumping onto the cloud she was about to make it when she suddenly began to drop..

Scootaloo quickly grabbed on to the edge of the cloud as Dash quickly made her way over to her. She felt Hope slipping down her back and gasped, she quickly reacted curling her tail up to catch the foal in its tight yet comforting embrace. Scootaloo and let out a sigh of relief as she glanced down to see that the little colt was okay.

Dash looked over the edge and saw Scootaloo and Hope loosely hanging off the edge of the cloud threatening to drop down into town hall, Rainbow quickly leaned down and grabbed her sisters hoof as she pulled the orange mare and foal up and onto the cloud beneath them.

Scootaloo looked at her foal and quickly held him close as she looked back over the edge of the cloud to think what might of been.

Dash leaned over, "are you okay there squirt?" she asked hesitantly.

Scootaloo looked over and nodded, "yeah I'm cool" she said leaning down to nuzzle the sleeping foals head gently whilst he slept. Dash smiled and looked around for another cloud before suddenly the sound of opening doors could be heard, the two ponies looked down and their eyes widened as they saw the towns people leaving the building as the bustle of chatter could be heard throughout the town.

Rainbow took the opportunity and looked over to Scoot motioning her to sit on her back, the orange mare did so and Dash quickly shot up into the sky hoping that the noise of the towns chatter would be enough to haze out the sound of her flying as she sped off towards her house which was just on the outskirts of the village it didn't take them long to get to the humble cloud home floating in the air which hadn't been touched within five years since Dash had left.


The sound of a door unlocking itself could be heard from inside the house before the cloud entrance was pushed open to reveal three ponies standing at the entrance of the home, Dash sighed happily as she looked around her humble abode to see that nothing had changed since she had last left it. She ushered Scoots and Hope in before closing the door silently behind them.

Rainbow trotted over and switched on the lights as they flickered on to reveal the living area of the house which had a cloud shaped couch along with a coffee table and a few bits and pieces of things Dash had collected over the years the dust visible on nearly everything, the rainbow maned mare trotted through the living room happily as she relived the memories of the years she had spent in Ponyville before she had left.

Scootaloo stood at the entrance in complete and utter awe as she glanced around the living area complete with its spiral staircase and doors leading into different rooms across the house, she smiled happily as she looked at all the photo's which adorned the walls of the home and saw a few of them were of her and Dash on days where the two of them had been out together.

Dash turned back from the last room of the house pulling a crib out of the storage room. Scootaloo raised an eyebrow at this,"Dash what are you doing with that?" she asked wondering why Rainbow Dash of all ponies cept a crib in her home.

Dash pulled the crib into the living area before turning around to face the mare, "oh this, well I had nothing to put Tank to sleep in so Fluttershy gave me this, which reminds me I hope she took good care of him whilst I was away" she said as the mare pondered.

Scootaloo looked over the crib to see it was just like any other, she took the sleeping foal from his secure spot in her tail and gently laid him down in the crib before tucking him in with a blanket, she smiled and leaned down to give him a soft kiss on the forehead before turning back to Dash who had watched the whole scene.

The cyan mare smirked at her younger sister, "since when did you become all sappy?" she asked with a slight giggle.

Scootaloo rolled her eyes, "since I became a mother" she replied flatly before walking over to the couch and laying down on it with a sigh.

Dash gave her sister a quizzical look, "you're not sleeping on the couch are you?" she asked.

Scootaloo turned a confused face to the mare, "why not?" she replied.

Rainbow shook her head, "no Scoot my sister is gonna have a good night sleep tonight, you use my bed I'll take the couch" she said moving over to the cloud object.

Scootaloo waved a hoof dismissively, "na its all good and besides I don't wanna intrude" she said as she moved around on the couch to get more comfortable.

Dash sighed annoyingly, "Scoots its fine okay just use my bed its much better than the couch" she said a bit more sternly than the last time.

Scootaloo still protested, "I said its cool Dash" the mare argued

Dash was going to reply when a thought came to her and a smirk tugged at her lips as she spoke, "you wanna do this the hard way, then lets do it the hard way!" she said before jumping on her younger sister in a fit of giggles as they wrestled on the couch.

Soon enough Dash had Scootaloo pinned to the couch with a cyan feather ready to strike, "So are you going to take up my offer now?" she asked.

Scootaloo still protested, "I said I'm finahahahaha" she was cut off when Dash started tickling her with the feather as she moved it around her exposed face, Scootaloo nearly cried from laughter but Dash didn't stop

Scootaloo cried out, "Oaha okay I'll muhaha I'll go!" she said as she tried to squirm out of her sisters trap. Dash smiled and released the feather before getting off the cloud couch and letting Scootaloo walk over to the spiral steps leading up to the room before trotting upstairs to the bedroom.

Dash sighed as she layed on the couch her mind still buzzing with recent events of the past day, she couldn't believe that all of this could happen in such a short space of time whilst she was away, she glanced over to the crib at the end of the living room she got up and silently trotted over to it.

Rainbow peaked her head over the crib to see the sleeping colt wrapped in his blanket and snoring softly, Dash's mind began to wander as she thought about all the events that had led up to Hope and what it had cost her sister, her mind was locked and she knew that no matter how hard it was going to be she was going to teach her sister to fly, she also knew that she was partly doing it not because she felt sorry or because of her sister, she was doing it for Hope so he could live in a world with a family and never have to go through the same thing that Scoots did she could only think Sister felt the same way.

It was then that sleep started to overcome the cyan mare after her hectic day and it wasn't a day she had expected at all, but at least now she could have some rest and sleep on her thoughts and besides it wasn't like it wouldn't be hard to teach Scootaloo to fly would it?


The door to the master bedroom was swung open and an orange mare trudged into the room, she weaved in and out of clothes and assortments of boxes before landing onto the soft cloud bed in the middle of the room, Scootaloo sighed as she sank into the mattress, she started to think about what was going to happen now she was with Dash again.

Scootaloo glanced down at her wings and sighed, she knew it would be hard to train and even more so to fly. Just then her mind drifted over to Hope, she smiled as she thought about the little colt and how much the foal meant to her, She wished she would be out of this mess soon, she'd been in it deep for many years now.

Scootaloo let out a yawn before her eyes fluttered shut as she let go of reality to have the best night sleep that she had ever had in awhile.

Author's Note:

Well here we are at Chapter 3, hope you've enjoyed it so far and i shall have more up when i can

Just wanna say thanks for all the Likes, Faves, and Comments that I get with this fic it really helps out

and as always thanks for reading!