• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 721 Views, 2 Comments

Saved: The Beginning - PastelBacon



A story about my OC. This is the story of my 1st OC after a new level reached in her latest mad spell changed her life. Things were never quite the same after that day, Magmadia wandered and wandered... hoping to at least reuinte with her sister.

  • ...
4
 2
 721

Lavidia's Sadness

Note: This is the first chapter, but told from Lavidia's point of view.



Key to what is what in this story
|=====================================|
|Bold: Narration
|
|Italics: Thoughts
|
|Underline: Time Skip/Important Events
|
|Ordinary Text: Character Speech
|======================================|



Lavidia was a 7 year old filly. There'd been a bit of confusion on the part of her family. Nopony really understood the Faratea family.

First, there was Lavidia's older sister Magmadia, who was 19. Magmadia absolutely did not like their mother, but she loved their father greatly. The stranger fact was the difference between all of them. Every family member up until Lavidia's older sister Magmadia had been Pegasus ( 70% of the family tree) and the rest had been Earth Ponies (30% of the family tree) however Magmadia was the first Unicorn in the family. This is often what seemed to lead to fights between Magmadia and their mother, Clara, who was an Earth Pony. While their father Eli, who was a pegasus, tried his best to keep the peace in the family, but unfortunately usually ended up getting nowhere. Then there's Lavidia herself. Lavidia, she was of the largest part of the family tree, a pegasus filly, but the strangest thing about Lavidia was her astounding resemblance to Princess Luna, back when Luna was first freed from Nightmare Moon after the Elements defeated her for the second time, of course, the only difference was she didn't have a horn obviously, nor did she have the signature black spot where the Moon Cutie Marks of Luna were. Obviously, her mane and tail probably weren't going to suddenly start flowing magically and have lots of stars in them either, or ever for that matter. So with that said... let us take a look into the life of the Faratea family.

Lavidia was running around in the kitchen playing with a little ball, one that most ponies would think was for a kitten, which would probably draw laughter from ponies who did not understand how Lavidia was.

Lavidia's ears perked up as her older sister Magmadia yelled from upstairs.

"MOM!" Magmadia yelled from upstairs.

"Yes dear!?" the mom yelled back.

"I'm bored, I wanna practice magic!" Magmadia yelled, with an obvious mixture of an annoyed and bored tone.

"I'm sorry Madia, but you know the deal we have. You are only allowed to practice magic when your father's home." the mom calmly replied, despite it still being a yell.

Lavidia had come to know just how much Magmadia hated being called that, contrary to the nickname given to her, which was Lavi, which Lavidia absolutely loved her nickname, but Lavidia was the one pony who could get away with calling her older sisters Nickname without getting yelled at usually.

"Right.... I forgot, sorry mom!" Magmadia yelled back.

"It's ok dear, we all forget things!" the mom responded.

During the time of the second yell conversation, Lavidia had run upstairs and she burst through Magmadia's door, it flying open, Magmadia out of surprise, nearly jumping out of the bed, Lavidia just standing in the door way, as Magmadia groaned, Lavidia knew this annoyed her sister, but she did it anyway sometimes

"HI SIS!!!!!" Lavidia yelled, in a voice that was almost capable of destroying somepony's ear.

"Gah! Lavidia! You know that hurts my ears, why do you keep doing that, when I've asked you time and time again to stop doing it?" Magmadia asked in an annoyed tone.

"Because I just love to make surprises!!!!" Lavidia shouted.

Lavidia could tell her sister was a bit ticked off as Magmadia sat there for a minute, probably thinking to herself.

"Listen, Lavidia, I know you love surprises, and I know you love surprising ponies, and you know that I love you as my little sister, but could you please not yell so loudly, I mean, I'm not trying to be mean little sis, but I just don't want to be deaf before I'm even 25." Magmadia said, in a mixture of a sincere/annoyed tone.

"Oh..... I-I'm sorry big sis... I-I didn't mean to make you mad...." Lavidia responded, hanging her head a bit.

"Hey hey... come here for a minute little sis." Magmadia said, smiling at Lavidia.

Lavidia slowly walked over and hopped into her older sisters bed, walking over to her sister, who closed her Daring Do book after placing the bookmark, Lavidia was surprised a bit when Magmadia picked her up, and more surprised when she sit Lavidia in her lap

"Madia..?" Lavidia said, momentarily forgetting about her sisters hatred for that nickname.

Magmadia's tone changed for a split section before she brushed it off and began to gently stroke her younger sister's mane, before nuzzling her cheek softly, smiling, which lead to a smile back from Lavidia, who was now calmed

"I know I can be a bit of a hothead sometimes, but your my little sister, never forget that alright? I love you." Magmadia said in a caring tone.

"I-I love you too big sis..." Lavidia replied, almost in tears, she couldn't remember the last time she and Magmadia had such an intimate moment before as sisters.

"Aww... save the tears sis, you don't wanna use them all up." Magmadia chuckled.

"U-Use them all up?" Lavidia asked, a bit panicked.

"They say if you cry really often, you eventually stop crying altogether." Magmadia stated.

"R-R-Really?" Lavidia asked?

"Yeah, but it's just an old rumor, but still, don't cry at everything. When you get ready to start school this year, you don't want the other fillies and colts to make fun of you, because them I'm going to have to come to school and request the teacher to get her students under control since mom's too lazy to leave the house and Dad works during school hours, and if that doesn't work, I guess your big sister will have to start kicking flank and taking names." Magmadia said, smiling throughout the whole thing to try and entertain her younger sister, and it worked cause Lavidia laughed heartily, which only widened the smile on Magmadia's face as she again nuzzled her younger sister.

"Now about the whole surprise thing, there's a time and place for that alright? I'm only telling you this because I don't want you to do it in the wrong place at the wrong time. There's a lot of mean ponies out there Lavi. I don't want my little sis getting hurt." Magmadia said in a concerned tone.

"O-o-oh.. thanks for telling me that big sis." Lavidia stated before hugging her sisters neck, in which Magmadia returned the gesture, before putting her sister down.

"Alright Lavi, you get downstairs alright? It bothers me that the longer I spend time with you she thinks your in more danger." Magmadia said, a bit saddened by this being a true fact that their mother infact did not seem to trust Magmadia to be alone with Lavidia.

Lavidia hoped off the bed and left the room, forgetting to close the door like usual, which didn't really matter to Magmadia, who gently closed it with magic.

1 Hour Later

Lavidia was sitting at the kitchen table, she knew supper would be ready soon when suddenly the mom yelled upstairs to Lavidia's big sister

"Madia!!!! Eli is home!!!" the mom shouted.

A few moments passed before Magmadia Responded, probably because she was thinking about how bad she hated her mom

"COMING MOM!" Magmadia shouted.

"Hey there lil bumpkin" Eli said, walking over and Picking Lavidia up, giving her a hug.

While Magmadia had varying opinions of each family member, Lavidia didn't really have so many mixed feelings, she really loved all three of the family she lived with.

"Daddy! Oh, I'm so happy your home!" Magmadia said, coming down the stairs with a big smile before walking over to the father.

"Ah, I'm fine Mags. You know this old pegasus still has some tune up left in this aging tank, but enough about me, how've you been today?" Eli finished with a question.

"I could be feeling a little better...." Magmadia stated before looking over at her mother.

"Mom, how come you haven't even tried to give me a hug today? I've been nothing but nice all day and the least I could ask for is just a little hug, doesn't a daughter deserve that from her mother?" Magmadia asks, a little sad.

"Well... um... you see..." the mother began to state, before pretending the sniff the air and resuming her statement "I'm pretty sure I need to be in the kitchen right now, I just know I smell something burning!!" the mom replied, in a worried, yet somewhat obviously avoidful tone.

"...." Magmadia was speechless.

Eli had a face worth a million bits on his face right now, looking completely confused as to what kind of conversation that was, if you can even call that a conversation while Lavidia is laying on the floor, laughing, she loved to laugh at weird things happening for no reason, this causing Magmadia to groan a bit, which in turn allowed Lavidia to notice her sisters look and stopping her laughter she stood up and asked her sister about it.

"Hey big sis, are you okay?" Lavidia asked a bit concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine Lavi... just a bit...meh..." Magmadia replied, a bit emotion deprived.

"You sure...? You seem kinda upset to me..." Lavidia insisted.

"Listen, I'm fine okay? I.. I'm just going to go upstairs, get in my bed, and have a nice little nap, alright? I'll be fine." Magmadia stated, in an obvious annoyed tone of voice.

"Why would you take a nap now? It's 3:00 in the afternoon sis..." Lavidia reminded her sister of the time.

"I don't freakin CARE what time it is!" I'm just going to bed now, ok? Please, don't bother me, any of you.

Lavidia looked down a bit, upset from how her sister now was

"Honey, you sure everything's alright, you really do look a bit up-" Eli was stating, before Magmadia cut him off.

"I said I'M FINE. F-I-N-E. FINE! Just let me be, please!" Magmadia yelled, a bit louder than she had intended.

As a result of the loudness, which made it sound harsh, Lavidia began to sob a bit, which drew ire from Magmadia.

"Oh, Lavi come on! I just told you upstairs not to cry so much! Do you wanna be bullied in school?! Do you?! I'm sure you don't, so stop crying every time something gets a bit loud!" Magmadia shouted.

Lavidia just began to wail even louder then and ran over to her mother, burying her head in the mother's chest and sobbing

"There there... now see what you've gone and done young lady? I demand you apologize right now!" The mother boldy demanded.

"Oh, I'll apologize right after I give you a piece of my mind. Lavi, go to bed. Dad, go ouside. This is NOT going to look, or sound pretty." Magmadia said with a very dead serious tone.

Lavidia ran upstairs and into her bedroom, hiding under the covers while Eli walked outside into the yard and closed the door.

"Alright, now that it's just you and me, let me tell you just what the hell's on my mind, cause dammit,I been waiting a LONG TIME to do this!" Magmadia yelled.

"Long time to do what?" the mother questioned.

"TO tell you what's on my mind, I just said that! And with that said, what I have to say about you is that You constantly ignore me, you ALWAYS try to avoid me at all costs, you show COMPLETE FAVORITISM towards LAVIDIA, just because she's still a filly, like just now. There's been so many times I needed a shoulder to cry on or a chest to cry into, and never would you have any of it with me! You always tried to get away from me much as possible! You look at me like im sort of freak, when I'm just another member of this family! It's so ridiculous that I can't even sit next to you without you sweating like your being stalked by somebody, meanwhile with all that sweat you look like you got the damn bubonic plague breaking out on your face, all that makeup ain't helping either, you look like a 80 year old hooker on a years supply of crystal meth and crack cocaine, probably doin em at the same time, taking whatever else you have left, shaping up into a nice long vertical slope, and shoving it straight up your anicent ass!" Magmadia yelled.

"Y-y-" the mother gets cut off almost immediately.

"No no no no no NO! You do not interrupt me, what you do, is you stand right there, right where you are, look at me, and you SHUT THE HELL UP!

"M-madia I think your be-" the mother again gets cut off.

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!"

"..." the mother is speechless.

"Now, let me finish. You have been the most ridiculous, most stupidest, most obnoxious, most unbearable thing in my life! I try to get your respect, I do this, I do that, all of this to try and show you that I love you, and what do I get? I get nothing! You talk about how the unicorn race is all filled with richness, and it's like a bunch of B-I you know whats, well I say, I look at you, it tells me one thing. You ain't gotta be rich, just to be a sorry ass no good bitch." Magmadia finishes, before storming upstairs and slamming her door shut.

After standing there in a few stunned silent moments, the mother walks outside to confront the father

"Eli, we need to talk." the mother said.

"What about?" Eli asked.

"What do you think?" the mother answered with another question.

"Clara, for the last time I keep trying to tell you to give Magmadia a chance. You really haven't give her one."

"Are you kidding me? That selfish... she had the nerve to just verbally berate me right into the ground, and she also has the nerve to call ME a bitch?! NO, she's the bitch!" Clara screamed in anger.

"Calm down Clara..." Eli politely asked.

"NO, listen, I've had enough of her, here's what's gonna happen. Your gonna clear out that old area, and I'm going to place a little trap that's going to overload that stupid bitches horn. I realize the distance you have to be in order to activate it will put Lavidia in harms way, but dammit I don't care, anything just to get rid of that TYRANT!" Clara screamed even louder and even angrier.

"NO! We are not going to do that! I refuse!" Eli said.

"You know our history with the guard Eli, they'll never believe you, so let me make one thing clear, if you don't wanna do this, that's fine, but just know I'll be taking Lavidia with me filing for divorce, and get a restraining order so you never see Lavidia again! So if you wanna pick sides with that Tyrannical hothead, be my guest, but you aren't gonna be doing it and living with me!" Clara said coldly.

".....I'll help..." Eli weakly and reluctantly said.

"Good." Clara simply said, walking back into the house, laughing like a complete maniac.

Eli gets a sick feeling to his stomach

"Just what have In Celestia's name have I just done..." he said to himself.