• Published 5th Sep 2013
  • 1,242 Views, 24 Comments

Sometimes, there are truths inside of myths. - Makolic



Equestria is in danger from an old threat. But will the discovery of an ancient ally be enough to aid them in their time of need?

  • ...
3
 24
 1,242

The steps of discovery?

--------------------------------------Initializing---------------------------

System stabilizing..._

Stabilized, operation at 84.8 percent.

Systems are operating in safe perimeters. Beginning construction of main base, Delta-Quebec-0-6-9..._

Construction will be complete in four days.



A soldier stood to the side, watching the construction bots with a keen eye. Each movement of the bots, had to be carefully checked. Even if the computers are reading ok, it was a hard lesson to learn that they could also be wrong at times. So he continued to pay attention to the slight twitches and movements of the arms. The bot was a simple Silver colored bot. It had one yellow glowing eye and four arms. Two of these arms would change between different tools. While the other arms were busy teleporting the necessary materials. The bot was able to take digitized materials and turn them into physical metals. All the while using fine tools to work them into different designs. The bots could even make computer chips if required of them.
He did find them both interesting and boring. After having to watch them for awhile, it does become tedious. But the incredible sight of these bots wiring and building all of the necessary equip and housing. Was just mind blowing even now. He like all soldiers had to study history. It was apart of survival training, since they need to know how to survive without the science and tools they have now. But for him to see the full power of science. It just went beyond him. Though he would have to admit, he was never very good in the third grade. Especially when it came to Quantum physics.
Even knowing that what use to be taught only to the best of scientist or the select few. Was now nothing more the grade school work, it was still hard to picture how far they have came.

The soldiers was still wearing the nano-armor. He could feel the nanites shift, as he tried to make it a little more comfortable. This area, was unusually hot. The humidity was also low almost matching that of mars. But with a twist similar to venus, well of course before the planets under went terraformation. There were incredible strange pools of glowing liquid that proved to be toxic. Some scientist had taken samples in order to study and neutralize it. But that may take another week or month. The atmosphere also held many toxins which were not picked up on the original scanners. At least in this area. Meaning there was no water, food, or air for normal creatures to survive here.
"Luckily" He smirked to himself. "We are not a normal creature." He did count in his head that it may take a full 6 months at the most. To terraform this area, but he was ok with the wait. It was a new adventure for him. With new discoveries waiting to be found. He also wanted to see these so called dragons... He even entertained the idea of saddling one and riding them. Until he found out they were sentient, well you never know unless you ask right?

"Colonel!" He tilted his head to the right, when the feminine voice came over the radio. It finally registered that it was his X.O. who was monitoring the movement of scientist and engineers. He finally answered with a heavy voice.
"Yes, Karen what do you want?" He could hear some shuffling as a picture appeared in his left corner. The female appeared with a pixie cut brown hair. She wore an artic blue eye shadow, which complemented her pale complexion. She smiled slightly when she was answered.
"Sir, the full reports are in, and you are being requested to building." At this she turned her head a little to the right. "Building 87-November, which is to be the HQ of this operation from now on. The building is finished and fully operation." The colonel gave a small smirk, as his X.O. paid attention to the scar under his eye. In her view the camera showed a military crew cut, it was hard to tell the color. But with a Almond colored skin, his Honey colored eyes were etched with a blue ring. The scar running from the left side of his lip, all the way across his nose. Only to end at the corner of his right eye.
"Thank you Karen. I'll be at the HQ as soon, as I am done with the reports." He watch as she gave a final smile before the link was disconnected. He watched as the day's full report rolled right into his view. He allowed his mind to give the command, to alter the text enough so he could view it. As it started to come into focus. He found himself surprised at what he saw.

_...Full access...

Hello Colonel Derrick Taizeen, all information un-encrypted and ready for viewing.

Unknown liquid...

Substance, contains an unusual mass. It is rated as a non Newtonian fluid and contains special properties. It seems to contain a strange energy anomaly similar, but at the same time different than Crimson lace. The energy seems to affect the higgs field, but not enough to be considered particle level ability. However, it is know to affect the formation of atoms. This energy, has a special pattern that may take time to decode. But it is what is causing the strange effects giving it properties similar to venom. It seems to affect the mind on some level. Leaving the patient in a coma like suspension. If work continues we maybe able to reverse the affects. It is also noted to be a neon green in color. The energy also gives it the glow that has been registered at night. More information will be released as the discovery has progress.

Higgs field influence: 14.7%
Gravity: 2.4%
Mass per Molecule: 1.9%
Energy output: 24.7%
Energy input: 34.7%
Unknown energy: 78.8%

Report ended..._

The colonel was actually surprised. He could not help to feel some sort of excitement. This was going to be an interesting discovery indeed.




Unknown area:


Pebble was not having a good day. No he was not, as he was flying with every ounce of strength his wings could muster. He would on occasion turn or barrel role out of the way of some weird flashing things. He did not understand what was going on, or what these things wanted. They just strolled their way right into his keep and started taken his horde. When he confronted them, they did not even look his way. Feeling insulted he let out a massive roar. Still they did not give him even a look. When he finally had it he unleashed a powerful blast of flames. Yet it did next to nothing to the creatures... No he takes that back. It did do something, it made them mad.
A small one of the creatures stalked forward. It was smaller than all of the others. However something seemed wrong. Even if it was small and weak looking. There was something about it that just sent his primal fear rampant. He did not have a lot of time to think about it as the small one started a low chant. Pebble wanted to laugh, to act brave, to show no fear to these creatures who dare to enter a dragons home. But the fear only became worse when the creatures voice split. Not into two voices. But into millions. It was so loud it started to hurt. It hurt so much that Pebble barely had time to see the glowing bolt that flew past his head. He could feel the incredible power as the side of his home was removed and the force nearly knocked him forward.
The only thing he could think of was run. Never had he seen magic like that in all of his 800 years, not even by the ponies. This was something else, something dangerous. He continued his run trying to find whatever hidden strength he may have. All he wanted was to get away and fast. He would have never thought of making the princesses angry with the stories he has heard. But at this moment, he would have rather taken a dump on Celestia's throne right in front of her. However humors this thought may have been it was stopped short when he felt a severe amount of pain travel up his right side. He only had enough time to see one of the creatures bent over a rock holding a weird smoking stick. It wore a helmet similar to the guards of Equis. But the armor looked like leather of some kind. The colors were actual light in comparison to what he would have thought. They were a light brown mixed with a golden hew.

He took a long look to see his right wing completely ripped off. As he crashed into the foliage and hard. It did not fully register that he was missing a wing as he tried to gain air. It was only after awhile that he finally notice the incredible pain that he was feeling. He let out a primal roar that slow turned into a whimper. He tried his best to stand back up and walk forward. But he felt unbalanced, without his wing it was hard to stabilize himself. He also had trouble seeing through his wet eyes. As well as move through the searing pain. He figured that he had a few minutes since those creatures did not fly. He started to look for a cavern as hope started to feel him. Only to be crushed we he realized he was surrounded by more creatures. These were similar to the one who chanted in his home. Fear and panic started to rise again in his chest. Sending him look ever fervently for a way to escape. Only to feel the paralyzing affects of true fear enter his body when he heard the chant. As he finally looked up the final thought passed through his mind. "Maybe I should have stayed at the palace." As his vision went white.



---Canterlot Palace:

Celestia was staring out the window in her thrown room. There were not to many meeting since her old friend left the other day. She enjoyed what few meetings she could have with old friends. But for today she felt she wanted to do something with her sister. She would have been worried about the threat that being made. But it had already been a little over a month. Nothing had happened since than, however the dragon migration did seem off. Since there was not one. But she knew well enough that you did not enter the dragons lands. Not with out a full grown dragon accompanying you.
As she kept looking out the window. She decided that she would talk her sister into going with her to visit Twilight. That should help both of them, since Twilight seemed to be deep into studying. She had gotten into the humans as much as Lyra had. Though she knew this fad would soon leave her friend soon enough.
Her sister on the other hand. Had seemed rather tired of late, Celestia did not know the full cause of this. Neither did Luna. she had said she was sleeping fine and the night court had not been very busy. Celestia wanted to watch her sister ever so much. But she knew she had to give her room, to show her how much Celestia trusted her. So it was decided. She would take her sister to visit Twilight. She would have both day court and night court rescheduled for the time, they would be gone. She had a small smile form on her face, as she went to find one of her servants.


---HQ----

"Attention!!!" Was heard through out the office. As several monitors could be seen flashing different images. There was several humans and synthetics standing at attention. As the Colonel walked forward to a small table that was at the front of the office. When he finally made it there he took a look around. Before finally calling out.
"As you were. I need my X.O. and the captain here please." At this Karen came walking forward accompanied by a masculine synthetic. He short cut hair, that was color onyx. His eyes glowing a pale silver contrasting with his metallic red skin. A few gold holographs filled in around his stomach and parts of his legs and arms that was not cover in metal. When they finally made it to the front. A hologram appeared on the table with five images.

"Ah it's good to see that everything is closer to completion. I hope it will continue to go well Colonel?" At this Derrick saluted the council. As they continued talking when he went back to attention.
"I have received the report of the liquid. I have to say it is very strange and fascinating. This may have been a good choice after all. We will continue to collect information on the samples, as well as study the strange energies inside and out of the planet." At this both the X.O. and Captain saluted. But Karren had to ask.
"Council, there seems to be some activate in the North western hemisphere. The dragons are being pushed back and slaughtered. They have lost, to what our scientist guess 30% of their territory. Will we interfere?" At this the female councilmen answered.
"No we shall not. We do not know why this struggle is for. With the information the reports have given so far, this may be natural. We will not interfere nor meet with other species. Unless they proof vital information that links them to similar advancement as us or we are forced to get involved. We will not risk destroying them ourselves. So to keep safety measure in place we will not be discovered by the inhabitants." The X.O. Saluted the council one more time. To show she understood her orders. The Captain finally decided to give his final report as well. So he begin in a monotone voice that was genderless.
"So far our scouts have recovered information that may prove useful. No living creature seems to cross the border into these lands. They seem quite afraid of what they may in counter. They will not get with 2.4Km of the border itself. So we should be safe without the cloaking devices for now. Unless we send more probes into their land." At this the elder councilman answered.
"Very well, we shall send probes every week. A minimal of 25 probes at every time. We are also sending you the LTOC Divide. It will be 9 months before it is able to enter the orbit of that planet. That is how long it will take to form a stable portal without using the one on Mars. So expect a full rendezvous. We have some more matters to entertain so that will be all." All three once again saluted before the holograph ended. It was Karren that voiced their thoughts. Though she did it with an child like glee.
"Well this will be an interesting adventure, eh Gandalf?" The Colonel only snorted as he remembered her mentioning and old story with a wizard named Gandalf.

Author's Note:

I'm So sorry that it took me so long to post this. Life got the better of me along with trouble. The med's also did not help the stress. PTSD is truly a problem to have especially when people love to aggravate it.

I hope you enjoyed this little add on. I was trying to find an old Latin chant that would be scary enough. But two problems got me. One I couldn't find it and two I don't know how to do it properly. But leave me a comment, and let me know what I can get better on.