• Published 5th Sep 2013
  • 1,242 Views, 24 Comments

Sometimes, there are truths inside of myths. - Makolic



Equestria is in danger from an old threat. But will the discovery of an ancient ally be enough to aid them in their time of need?

  • ...
3
 24
 1,242

Of prophecies and knowledge.

Twilight was sitting in the royal archives, reading through several books. She was trying to find any information she could on the creature that left a threat. The archives, were only presenting a little help at the time. She was only able to find mentions of the dark ones, humans, and the void. For some odd reason they keep showing up in the same passages or scrolls. It was finally starting to get on her nerves, that all the mythologies were the only evidence attached to this creature. None of this made sense. As she continued to scurry through what ever she could find. But even the myths themselves were limited. As she continued on, she started to blink in time with a knock. It would happen every so often slowly driving her mad. It was so close to a tick clock, yet so far off. After a few more minutes of this brain racking noise she finally had to ask through gritted teeth. "What do you want discord?" Discord just continued to rack his claws against the stone walls. While a small sly grin appeared on his face.
"On nothing much, my little spark. Just wondering why you want the company of these dusty boring old books and scrolls. I could bring them to life, maybe even have them sing their knowledge. Plus I can't help, but notice your blinking eyes every time I do this." With that last statement he speed up his knocks. While twilights blinking speed up with the rhythm. Until she shook her head, blinked rapidly than looked up at discord. He was still the same, expect now he was wearing a conductors out fit. She noticed he had a stick in his left claw swing it a pattern. While his right claw, kept up the rhythm that grated on her nerves.
"Discord, please I'm trying to find out about that creature. It's not easy with most of it being myths. I have to find..." She was interrupted when she heard discord chuckle. But it was not his usual insane cackle. Which begin to worry her, since Discord has really not been acting like himself. She noted as he spoke with a clam cool tone that drew her attention.
"Let me guess. Myths and legends, just like Nightmare Moon?"
Twilight sat there for a few seconds. As the full weight of the statement hit her. She realized that the one in front of her would know. He had been around longer than even the princesses. Until his defeat. When she looked back ready to ask her question she noticed the conductor uniform missing. But in it's place was a chair.
"Discord? Would you tell me what you know about these scrolls? A lot only has limited information and some of it is before recorded history."

Discord, for once shocked twilight. Beyond any doubt. For the first time she has known him he took a moment to clear his throat. Sitting himself comfortable and looking more his age. He no longer looked like the spirit of chaos, but of an old and wised immortal.
"Twilight, the creature you are wanting to know about, goes by many names. They can be described by any name. The dark ones, destroyers, world eaters, hates beginning, masters of war, even false shadows. They are conquers of all that is peaceful. They only care about destroying and taking what does not belong to them. They have spread across many dimensions and universes."
Twilight's head tilted as she listened. But she could not help the question that came.
"There are different dimensions?"
Discord only seem to smile as he nodded. "Yes twilight and alternate universes. The difference is, that dimension is only separated by the choices made. Some dimensions you would have a different color of hair and so forth. But a different universe comes with it's on set of laws. Thousands of universes come and go every second. But it is the new ones that are the most dangerous. You see they are so chaotic that not even I would have control or survive. It bores life and destroys it just as quick. It has no set energy or time. Even the gravity is very unstable in these youngsters."

Twilight actually felt giddy, that she could finally learn something from a creature who may have seen it all. But the part that should be worrying her had already left her thoughts. The fact that discord is actually holding a coherent discussion, long forgotten. She leaned forward, trying to take in this new information. As discord continued.

"But these creatures come from a universe that is dying. For everything may have a beginning but it also must have an end. The Dark ones have decided to not end with their universe. But instead of existing peacefully with others they choose to conquer and enslave. To maintain the power they stole in their universe. They are only as powerful as they are by wiping out all other life forms from their home. We are not the first universe and I doubt we will be the last that they try to conquer." Twilight continued to listen to this, with growing questions and frightful answer. These being were pure evil, by the way they sounded. They cared little for others, and only did what they want. So she decided to ask her questions.
"Why would they do this? Can't the Elements of Harmony stop them? What does this have to do with humans and young universes?" Discord held up a claw hand, to stop Twilight's onslaught of questions. As he smiled, he was going to give her an answer. But he only hoped it did not crush her spirit. Even if this world maybe doomed.
"Easy twilight let me explain. These creatures, know nothing more than how to conquer and destroy. That is what they have learned and built their society upon. For years they developed better weapons, armor, and magic. As for the Elements I'm afraid there are to many of them. The Elements can not stop them all. As for humans, well twilight they actually existed once upon a time." He was interrupted again by a gasp from Twilight. Oh, how many questions she would have. What should she ask first? what were they capable of? Did they really interact with others? But before she could get her questions off. Clawed hand clamed it's self around her muzzle. Discords tiny smile was irritating on it's on. But that's not what stopped her. No it was the long far sad look in his eyes. This only sparked more questions, but she decided to hold them. At least for awhile.
"I'm the spirit of chaos my sweet Twilight. But I have never killed, yes I may have scared or confused creatures. But never once did I allow my antics to go so far as to wipe a species out of existence. It's not in my nature to kill only. How do I say this, ah have fun. You see twilight I could have won our little game at anytime, stopped the princesses from winning. If I had a cold enough heart." This revelation on sent a chill down Twilight's spine. as Discord finally released her and continued to talk.

"You see the humans interacted with many creatures. They would fight, trade, or socialize. Humans were... Unpredictable which is why I liked them. However, they were not creatures of harmony or chaos. They were.. More colorful, or more grey. Depending on how you wish to look at it. But where friendship is the magic of harmony. Humans were the pillars that held the bridge up. They were able to get along with any creature, from Dragons to gryphons. No creature was beyond their understanding. But they got along with you ponies far better. They were extremely intelligent and wise even for their short life spans. They crafted incredible stuff that you ponies even use to this day. Most of your building designs even come from them. In the end Humans were creatures of balance. Balance of good and evil, balance of love and hate. With them, there was always balance.
They were incredible in their own right. However, they were physically weak. But they were able to make up for that with the tools they forged. Humans were able forged some incredible stuff. What you probably do not know Twilight is the crowns and jewelry you princesses wear. Were actually crafted by humans, for the first pony princesses. They were enchanted to last longer. But they were considered the first valuable gift to pony kind."

At this Twilight's mouth literally hit the floor. How could she have not known this? Than there was the part about the three pony tribes. None of this was adding up anymore. So she had to ask, she couldn't sit back any longer. "But what about the tribes, and their fighting? What does this even have to do with young universes? This is not making any sense at all." Discord only shook his head a little.
"Twilight, this happened long before the pony tribes came to be. This sent the world into chaos long before me. Your Princesses were able to get it all back and unite the ponies. But still it is a part of history. Just to old for anyone to remember. So it became myth in time."

Discord sat back as he took a long look out the window. "The reasons I mentioned young universes is simple. It is my theory that's were, Dimoritis sent them. I was unable to bring the humans back. Even you princesses tried and failed. But they really didn't have much faith that they were real... You remember on the map, the badlands right?" At this he looked back at Twilight to see her nod.
"The reason nothing grows or survives there, was because of it's history. That was the last stand of the humans, that is were their kingdom was before they were sent away. It destroyed the magic in the area and destabilized all of nature. The humans have not been found by me or anyone else. So only two possibilities exist. They are either extinct or so far away they will never return. If they were sent to a young universe. They would have suffered a fate so horrible that I nor you princesses could possible imagine. It is possible to understand how severe it is. But in a long shot going to Tartarus would be a vacation in comparison. No creature no matter how powerful would survive. This monster sent them to suffer a slow and painful death Twilight." Twilight's ears drooped at the comment. How bad it must have been, only to end for them so early. She wish now that she had a chance to meet one of these humans. She could have been friends with one and even learn. But now it was all gone, from the same creature that is now threating them.

Discord was finally finished, as got ready to leave. He decided to leave Twilight with a parting gift.
"Well I must be going now. Pinkie and I have a date. Were going to be making sweet cupcakes together in private." At this he made suggestive movements and kissing sounds. Twilight was deep in thought only to have her gears come to a screeching halt as a picture of Pinkie and Discord getting married. Her mouth hanging open as a low hum came from her throat. The only other sound that could be heard was Discords insane cackle and a light pop.





Else were in the castle a young princess of the night was having a fitful sleep. It abruptly came to a halt when her eyes snapped open. However they were glowing a luminescent blue and no pupils. She spoke with multiple voices echoing.
"The sleeping beast, covered in chains has awoken. Through fire hot as time and hammer heavy as death forge the greatness that shall rise. Not as creature, but as lords of all. For this is it's destiny till the end of all. Upon it lies the mark of suffering, but it carries the shield of knowledge and the spear of unity. Be not afraid, for only it's enemies shall see it as a nightmare. Prepare for the true masters return in days of darkness." After this she was back laying on her bed, sound asleep. Not a soul would hear this prophecy.

Author's Note:

I did one for the humans I feel it's only far for them. However, this is just like the other part. It has some important detail that will be used later.

On a side note I'm still working on the main chapter. I don't know if I will post it or not when I do finish it. So later.