• Published 5th Sep 2013
  • 2,228 Views, 42 Comments

What do I (we) do now? - Papahip



after making her dreams come true, Rainbow dash has a few other problems arise.

  • ...
8
 42
 2,228

Chapter 3: Realization

Rainbow's POV

I pinned soarin' to the cloud as quick as a griffon.

"Where did you get this information?" i seethed through clenched teeth. once i find out who did this they're going to be sorry they ever heard it. i could feel my heart beating 1,000 times per minute. everyone knows that Rainbow dash doesn't get all mushy, but if anyone found out i was an orphan i would probably go to suicide. Just saying.

"Umm... I can't say. It's classified."

"Would you like you death to be classified?" I asked. i could already see sweat forming on his brow as he sputtered.

"I...I...I.. it's... you see... PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!!"

you could see a little smirk form on my face. anytime soarin' starts to scream you know you have him scared. it didn't take me long to figure that out. unfortunately, for him, he get me mad in the middle of one of my now famous mood swings. And let's just say that it was during my you know what so i was pissed off. "Oh Soarin'." i said in a flirty tone, slowly moving my hand from the arm it was pinning down and to his chest. i started to lay on top of him. I could see his face turning from a slight tan to a crimson red. my smirk became a bit more visible. i bent down to his hear...

"YOU JERK!!!!!" that totally scared him. he shot straight up, but i was prepared. right above him was a fully loaded thunder cloud.

"AHHH!!!"

i burst out laughing. the look on his face was priceless. i couldn't believe he fell for that. i can't believe i fell for it. his body is sooo toned and beautiful, expectantly when- STOP!! don't think like that Rainbow! your mad at him!! as i was having an argument with my-self i didn't notice that soarin' had recovered and was staring at me. i finally realized that he was and when i turned around. i got a very surprising sight. soarin' had took off his uniform and was wearing a tank-top and a pair of shorts. i could see his cutie mark on the upper-left corner of his chest. A deep blush formed on my face. without realizing i had been staring soarin' turned around.

"Um... Dashie? why are you staring at me?"

It took my brain a few seconds to process that he had asked a question."Ah?! i...i w-was um...?" a deeper blush crept its way to my face.

"Like what you see, Dashie?" he said flexing his muscles. i froze. i couldn't move, but than 'Dashie' reached my ears. the blush on my face turned redder, but not because i was blushing, because i was mad. i think soarin' could see this.

"What did you call me?!" my teeth clenched together. Soarin's face turned into a look of fight or flight. "I said,'WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!!'" he was obviously scared. i absolutely hated the name 'Dashie' for a lot of reasons. nobody knew this but i had a pair of legendary hurricane swords. That kind of thing happens when your dad's Co-captain of the royal guard. i had the blade up to his throat. I used the swords' handles to turn him around, than i kicked him in his back sending him off the cloud. "Call me 'Dashie' one. more. time. you'll get it alot worse."

Soarin's POV
I was being pushed to the edge of the cloud by HURRICANE SWORDS!!! where did dash get those??!! she's pretty good with them to. that's not good.

"Dash clam down all- whoa!" i was turned around than

BAM!!

the base of my wings burned as i fell to the ground. i fell to the ground with an audible thud!

"Nice going. you can't even recover from a low speed fall."

"Well, 1) i just flew all the way from canterlot and 2) you kicked me in the base of my wings which hurts a lot!" i got up, my whole back sore. sometimes i hate rainbow, but i have to admit she's pretty cute when she's mad. and when she's-STOP!!! you did no such thing.it was an accident. Right?. "Hey, Rainbow?"

"Yeah?"

"Where in the name of Luna did you get HURRICANE SWORDS?!?! it takes years to master them, plus you need to be 16 to even have them. You're only 19!"

"Did you miss the memo? Daughter of the former Captain of the royal guard here."

"Oh. right."

"Yeah now go! i want to be alone."

i could see hear eyes starting to water up as she talked. i didn't know what to do. she never cried at HQ unless she was in extrema physical pain like the time her wings almost got ripped off, when she ran into a manticore about a year ago. we were all super worried until the princesses came to see dash and about a week later Rainbow was good as new. No one knows what really happened but many thought that the cast a healing spell, but the princesses said they did no such thing. just brought over her friends. which, by the way, were spread out all over Equestria.

"Dash, i'm not leaving."

"NO. Go away! i. want. to be. alone."

"But, right now you're hurt. i'm not leaving when a friend is in pain."

"But i'm not in pain! so leave!" a single tear ran down her face. she was trying to fight the erudge to cry. which always ends in even more tears.

Rainbow's POV
' i'm not in pain.' What was i thinking? anybody can clearly see that i'm trying not to cry. but i'm not about to break down again like i did with flutters. she's the only one i've ever done that in front of. i could never do it in front of a wonder-bolt let alone soarin' a few more tears ran down my face as soarin' stood there with a concerned look on his face. his gaze alone made me feel weak. before i completely broke down i did the next best thing. i slowly backed to the edge of the cloud.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm..."

"Rainbow?"

"... sorry." i blasted into the sky looking down at soarin'. he looked hurt. i couldn't bare it and turned around.


"Why? why can't you trust me?" he mumbled watching rainbow fly off.

else where:
"i can't. i just can't." rainbow mumbled in to the air before she landed on a cloud and collapsed. to her knees. tears running down her face. she sniffled softly. hearing a gental thud she turned around.

"hey? what happened to the strong and loyal girl everyone talks about?"

standing behind rainbow was scootaloo. she was older know plus finally got her cutie mark. looking up with red eyes dash began to talk. "hey kid, whats up?"

"whats up? whats up is a Pegasus turning an innocent cloud into a storm." she stated pointing down.

rainbow scratched the back of her head nervously as she saw the cloud. "ha, oops" she started jumping on the cloud turning it white. "it's that obvious, huh?"

"oh yeah. so what's got Rainbow Danger Dash crying like a foal?"

"well your an orphan right?" scoots nodded with a sad smile. " Guess im part of the club because found out my dad died on a mission yesterday. and i don't have a mom." scoots patted rainbow's back with her cooper wing.

"oh cheer up. you'll see. being an orphan has actually made me stronger. i'm sure it'll make you stronger too." with that she gave rainbow a 2 fingered sillute and flew off.

scootaloo's pov
i flew off after my piece of wisdom then i bumped into someone.

"hey! watch it would you?!"

'i should say the same thing."

i froze realizing who the voice belonged to. "oh!! hey spitfire, what are you doing in ponyville."

"following soarin who's following rainbow. did you hear?"

"hear what?"

"well at HQ all the wonder-bolts are betting that eventually rainbow and soarin' are gonna end up together. they think that rainbow's dad's passing is just the thing to get them together."

i nodded that made sense. "has anything... interesting happened yet?" i asked with a smirk on my face. spitfire's eyes widened knowing full well what i meant.

"Scootaloo Madison Melody Stark. What kind of question was that coming out of the mouth of a 12 year old?"

" Yeah squirt. what kind of question was that? i thought i raised you better."

i swung around. when i did i was face to face with rainbow dash holding two HURRICANE SWORD!?!? where the hay did that come from? the ice cold look in her eyes scared me to death. "um... i was just...," i sighed," you caught me." i said holding my hands up in defeat. rainbow smirked

"i thought so... when did spits get here?" she finally noticed spitfire.

"well hey rookie what you doing with hurricane swords? towards a little girl?" she spoke pointing to scootaloo.

"oh she can handle her self. trust me. the question is why are you here? how much did you hear?"

"if you think i was eavesdropping think again. Look, over, there."


she pointed to a nearby cloud. i could see that i was slightly lumpy, well for a cloud, and then i saw somthing move. i threw my sword at it. then,

"Dammit! Rainbow?!"

"Hey lover boy," i smirked "What you doing, following me?"

"Oh, not much. but i did get to see you... break down. got to say, I've never seen you so vulnerable. but even in that state you manage to do great things."

i could feel my face getting warm I'm i blushing?! nonono, rainbow dash does not blush. i averted my gaze to him. but who doesn't blush when someone like him complements you, with his well built body, goofy smile, windswept hair. his sweet voice, and trust me when he's sweaty, right after practice, he looks like i god. i squealed.

"Um... dash? re you ok?" spitfire's words reached my ears, i realized i just squealed. out loud.

"Uh.. yeah I'm... totally fine. just ... thinking."

"bout what?"

"None of your business. i have to go so later." i flew off towards canterlot. i had to go see twilight.