• Published 5th Sep 2013
  • 5,320 Views, 120 Comments

Love games - Digiquill



Button mash is eight years old he lives in ponyville with his Mom, Dad and his older brother and he loves video games. But he is about to discover that he loves something more than video games.

  • ...
16
 120
 5,320

Advice to be taken advice to be ignored

Rarity sat on her bed next to Sweetie Belle absolutely giddy that she and her little sister get to have some "Girl time"
"So darling tell me about your 'prince charming' " Rarity said barely holding back an exited giggle.

"Rarity I thought you were going to give me advise." Sweetie Belle said annoyed

"I will darling I just want to know more about the dashing young colt who stole my lovely little sister's heart" Rarity replied wavering her hoof through the air for dramatic emphasis.

"RARITY" Sweetie Belle blushed and her face turned bright red. She punched her sister's shoulder but then calmed down
"Fine he sits next to me in class" she said hoping that would satisfy her sister's curiosity.

"Is he popular?" Rarity asked

"No I don't know if he has any friends I never see him talk to anypony els" Sweetie Belle answered as if this were the first time she had noticed. And in fact It was.

"Ooooo a lone wolf" Rarity added playfully "Dose he talk much?" Rarity continued

"No he usually sits in his desk quietly unless he's answering a question from M.s Cheerily" Sweetie Belle answered

"Oh the strong silent type very mysterious darling very attractive" Rarity giggled. "Does he like you?" Rarity asked now more serious

"I...I don't know" Sweetie Belle answered now looking at the ground "I don't think he even knows I exist" she continued trying to hold back tears.

"Oh darling well we will have to fix that now won't we" Rarity said resolutely "but back to this. You must let him know you like him" Rarity said

"So I should tell him?" Sweetie Belle asked inquisitively

"Good heavens no" Rarity said with a chuckle "the mare is never so forward darling its not proper. The gentalcolt must be the first to declare his feelings. You must be more subtle"

"What do you mean?" Sweetie Belle asked confused.

"Body language, admiring looks." Rarity answered "and remember a gentalcolt will always step in to assist the object of his affection so give him opportunities to do so that is how you will know if he likes you or not" Rarity concluded confidently.
"Now go and run along darling Tomorrow I will make sure you look so good you will capture your young prince's attention for sure"
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Button sits alone in his room relived to have learned about the normal and presumably positive nature of his still confusing feelings toward Sweetie Belle. But still unsure as to how to proceed from this point. Suddenly Button's dad entered the room.

"Hey kiddo" his dad said stepping through the doorway and closing the door behind him "your mother and I think its time you and I had a little talk. You know colt to colt."

"Okay dad" button said torn between the desire to be left alone and the desire to get answers to his questions.

"Son there comes a time in every young colt's life when he begins to notice fillys in a way he hadn't before. And as your mother and I told you this is completely natural it happens to all young colts. All you have to do is let the fillly you like know that you like her. Just tell her. It's that simple after all thats how your mother and I meet. okay son!"

"Okay dad" Button answered. His fathers speech seemed to clear up his remaining questions. Button's father ruffled Button's mane with his hoof and left the room.

"Hey you don't believe that do you?" Button looked over at his doorway again this time to see his older brother standing there "you can't just walk up to a filly and be all like 'I love you' that may have worked back when he and mom where young but now that's how you end up getting slapped." Burtton's older brother said in a very matter of fact tone

"So what DO I do?" Button asked

"Alright little dude here's what fillys like in a colt. First confidence ask her if she wants to hang out some time make the event casual like getting a milk shake or something but fillys also like to have fun so don't be boring. Second they want a colt who can stand up for them if you see the school bully picking on her beat him up"

"But the school bully's are girls" button interrupted

"Really? Wow. Okay don't beat them up but stand up to them tell them to back off. Yeah don't hit fillys little bro good instincts. Third is looks and seeing as how we share the same genes you should be okay in that department" Button rolled his eyes "and lastly be funny but that goes along with not being boring. once you got all that down she will be puddly in your hooves. Then tell her you love her" With that Button's older brother left the room and Button began planing his next day at school.