• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 3,465 Views, 10 Comments

A Lunestia Story - Bakmah Genesis



A story of the relationship between Princess Celestia and Princess Luna before Nightmare Moon

  • ...
10
 10
 3,465

A day in the gardens

Luna sat in front of the small lake located in the castle gardens. It was late at night and the moon's reflection reflected off of the lakes surface. The cool light from the moon lit the small clearing by the shore. She sighed and smiled at the solitude. Here, she could arrange her thoughts, mourn, or just relax after a long night of court. She knew she had to sleep soon since she promised her foster sister that she would spend some time with her.

She frowned slightly. The term foster sister didn't seem right anymore. Their foster mother has been dead for twenty years because of some rare disease. Now she called Celestia her best friend. For some reason, even that was lacking. She didn't know what she wanted Tia to be.

She grunted and layed her head on her hooves. She watched the waves lap at the shore, the sound of the waves becoming a small lullaby almost. It was calming to say the least and it was why she chose this spot. She was so mesmerized in by the water and sound of the waves that she didn't hear someone approach her.

"Lulu, what are doing still up." said a sweet voice. Her heart fluttered for a moment before turning around to face a tall white alicorn. Celestia was a few years older than her but still could act like a filly at times. Luna herself was no exception. Celestia was calming down, however. It seemed that she was just all that calmer.

The light from the moon danced off of her pink mane. Her lavender eyes shone brightly as they caught the light. Luna found herself blushing and her heart beating faster than its normal pace. She didn't know what these feelings were and why she was felt this way towards Tia. She tried to shake her thoughts away and put on a warm smile.

"Oh, good evening, Tia. I was just thinking." said Luna as she looked back over the lake to hide her blush. She shivered as she felt Celestia lay next to her, her body rubbing against hers.

"Lulu, you're supposed to be in bed since we are spending the day together tomorrow. What's wrong?" asked Celestia, concern coloring her voice. She couldn't tell her what was bothering without telling her possible feelings and she couldn't do that. She didn't know how she would react. She had to come up with an idea.

"Oh, just a small matter. Nothing too much to worry about." she said, turning to Celestia with a smile. She almost regretted it. Celestia's face was lit up beautifully from the moon's light. Luna's heart fluttered again and she could feel the heat rising to her cheeks even more. She was glad that it was too dark to see her face.

"Do you know who showed me this spot?" asked Luna as she turned her attention to the lake. "Fau-mother brought me here when I need to cool down and think. She told me I needed a change of scenery to something calm and breathtaking. Needless to say, she brought me to this lake. I would sit here every time something was troubling me or when I needed time to think." She sighed at the memories of sitting on the lake shore.

"It has become my own private sanctuary where my worries melt away. It almost always works except once." She hung her head.

"When was that?" asked Celestia, interested in her story.

"Now." She sighed and stood up. Celestia followed. "I think I should go to bed now so I can be up in the morning. Good night, Tia." She nodded her head and flew off back towards her balcony. Celestia stayed back for a moment, puzzled by her actions. She was about to leave when she found something drawn in the sand that caught her attention. She blushed as she read what was written on the sand and walked off, wondering why Luna wrote it.

Luna X Celestia

Forever?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Celestia woke up with the image from last night in her mind. Does she actually love me that much or what was that? she thought as she stepped into her golden shoes. She slipped on her regalia and placed her crown on her head. Once she had everything on she stepped out of her room and made her way to Luna's to wake her up just in case she didn't on her own. She knew how lazy she could get sometimes.

She knocked on the large double doors that led into Luna's bedroom. She waited a few minutes before knocking again. She sighed and opened the door to reveal Luna lying on her bed with a pillow over her head. Celestia chuckled and launched herself on the bed. Luna screamed as she was lifted into the air.

"Tia, what the hay are you doing?" she asked as she landed next to her. Celestia giggled.

"I had to try to wake you up some how."

"You couldn't open the curtains?"

"Now Lulu, what fun would that be?" Celestia went in and tickled her sides. Luna went into a fit of laughter and ended up falling off the side of her bed. "Now come on, lets head down and get some breakfast." Luna popped her head over the bed and stuck her tongue out. She yelped as her ear was enveloped by a golden aura and was pulled out the door.

"So, do you have any plans besides giving me a concussion and pulling my ear off?" asked Luna as she rubbed her poor ear and followed Celestia to the kitchen.

"I thought we could just walk around. We haven't had time to just relax in awhile. I would love to just spend a relaxing day with you." Out of the corner of her eye, Celestia could see Luna's cheeks grow red. Was I right about her loving me?

"Yes, I suppose that would be nice." replied Luna, keeping her eyes on the floor. Oh Luna, you don't.

"Luna, can I ask you a personal question?"

"Um, yes. What is it?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

"What is your thoughts of me? Do you see me as a sister, a friend, or something more?" Luna's blush deepened.

"I'm not exactly sure. Sister doesn't sound right anymore since we no longer have a mother to make us foster sisters and friend is lacking. I guess I just need some time." replied Luna, lowering her head further. Celestia smiled warmly at her.

"Take all the time you need. I need to arrange some thoughts myself." At that moment, Luna's body was framed beautifully in the light from the window. Her eyes sparkled and Celestia's heart fluttered. She took in the sight of her beautiful body highlighted by the sun's rays.

"Is everything okay, Tia?" asked Luna. Celestia blushed as she realized she was staring at her.

"Yes, everything is fine. I just had something on my mind." What are these feelings and why do I feel them around her? Celestia shook her head and smiled warmly at Luna as she banished the thoughts from her mind. "Come, let's head to the kitchens." This is going to be an interesting day."

________________________________________________________________________________

Luna followed Celestia out of the kitchens and into the gardens. The sun was high in the sky with not a cloud in sight. There was a slight breeze that blew through the trees. The branches and leaves swayed to its gentle touch. It was a beautiful day and she was more than happy to spend it with the gorgeous Celestia.

Where did that come from? she thought. She looked over at Celestia. The sun shining brightly on her coat and her mane shimmered in its light. She is beautiful. Who the hay am I kidding. I do love her but I just can't seem to tell her.. She sighed as she followed her further into the garden. I will tell her tonight when the sun sets. We will head back to the lake and I will tell her. Simple. Right?

The two of them walked down the paths of the vast garden decorated with an array of plants and flowers. It was a beautiful garden that Luna always loved to get lost in. It seemed just as beautiful even though she usually saw it at night. The sun's rays brought out every single detail out to her eyes. She would love to just sit there and get lost in them.

After awhile, Celestia sat down on a bench in front of one of the fountains. She beckoned to Luna for her to sit next to her. Luna gladly sat down and watched the fountain spout water and listened to the sounds of the garden. She closed her eyes as she listened. She was barely aware of the fact that she layed her head on Celestia's shoulder.

She felt Celestia wrap a hoof around her back and pull her closer. She layed her head on top of Luna's and the two sat there, listening to the soothing sounds of the forest. Luna smiled.

I wouldn't mind loving her. She thought to herself. She loved the idea just as much as she loved Celestia. Now all she needed to do was tell her. Luna snapped open her eyes. She had to tell her.

Oh buck me.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Luna stared at what she wrote in the sand.

Luna X Celestia

Forever

Last night she wasn't sure, but now she was. She wanted to be with her. But the thing that was stopping her was the fact that she had to somehow tell her. She looked up at the setting sun and sighed. She knew it wasn't going to be easy but this was ridiculous. She just sat there and whenever she got the courage, she choked out.

She turned her head to the alicorn mare sitting next to her. Celestia was staring over the water with that beautiful smile of hers. The dying light played beautifully off her coat and mane and made Luna's heart beat ten times its normal pace. Luna's mind went through all the possible ways she could tell her. She finally found one and prayed it would work.

"I read up on adoption laws yesterday." she said. It wasn't a lie. She did. She was wondering if it was legal and of course it was. "Apparently, foster siblings can date each other as long as they weren't biological." Which we aren't. "And they have parent consent. If they are of age or the foster parent is no longer alive, consent is not needed." Now, just tell her.....

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that...um...I...uh...Faust, why is this so difficult?" Luna placed her head on her hooves in embarrassment. She felt Celestia scoot closer to her and without thinking she whipped up her head and kissed her. She enjoyed it.

She broke off and turned away from her. She didn't know why she did it. She didn't want to see how she reacted. She was afraid of it. She didn't want to see her face if it meant that she would see disgust. She loved her and she didn't want to see that. She went to get up, to run, to fly. She didn't want to stay there. A hoof on her shoulder stopped her and sent her back down. She turned to see Celestia staring at her. What happened next, she was not expecting.

Her eyes went wide as Celestia's lips connected with hers. She closed her eyes and leaned into it. She whimpered as Celestia broke off. Celestia gave her a warm smile which was returned.

"I love you, Tia."

"I love you too,Lulu." The two mares leaned against each other, their tails intertwined. Between them was a heart drawn in the sand with the words that meant the world to them.

Luna X Celestia

Forever and Always