• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 1,465 Views, 38 Comments

Shattered Dreams and Broken Hearts - Princess Twilicorndog



Ponies are disappearing in Ponyville, and Pinkie Pie is blamed, but she is innocent.

  • ...
2
 38
 1,465

The Past Is The Past

Pinkie Pie awoke on the floor next to her window, covered in her dull, straight, pink hair. Hmmm... That's strange. She thought. I don't remember falling asleep... The pink mare sighed and walked over to her bathroom, surveying the damage done to her mane by sleeping on it. Hmm... Just the usual tangles. Pinkie grabbed a brush in her mouth and proceeded to slowly brush out the tangles, making herself presentable. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a blue stuffed monkey.

The earth pony choked a little and felt tears streaming down her cheeks. Pinkie had a little flashback...

Once again, the Cakes had trusted Pinkie with Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake. The poofy-maned babysitter smiled hugely as she jumped around the corner and surprised the foals. They were mostly unimpressed, so she grabbed a bag of flour as she had her first time babysitting, electing loud laughs from the babies.

"Be right back, you wittle itty bitty cuties! It's lunch time!" She had said cheerfully. She had gotten the foal's milk and heated it up, but when the pink-maned pony had returned to the nursery, Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake were nowhere to be found, but the window was open. "Oh no! Id better find them!" Pinkie yelled as she herself jumped out of the window and followed the set of tiny hoofprints...

That were leading straight to the Everfree forest.

Pinkie gulped and ran harder than she had ever ran. Still, it felt like she was crawling along at a snail's pace. In way too long, she reached the forest.

"Pound Cake? Pumpkin Cake? C-Come out, come out w-where ever you a-are?" She had called out tentatively. She got an answer. A roar and two ear-piercing shrieks.

"POUND CAKE!!! PUMPKIN CAKE!!! I'M COMING!" She had screamed, fearfully running towards the noise. But... But when she got there... She was too late.

All that was there was a Manticore, rubbing his belly and licking his chops.

"You... YOU ATE FOALS! YOU ARE THE MEANEST CREATURE IN EQUESTRIA!" Pinkie screamed, tears making small rivers on her face. She stood her ground, screaming insults, until the Manticore started towards her. The pink pony ran from the sight, sobbing, lest the Manticore eat her to.

When the Cakes had come home to their foal missing... Pinkie just couldn't accept it... If she told them the truth, it would all be real. It wouldn't be a nightmare she could wake up from anymore. So, she did what her brain told her. She made up a story. She had tried to put cupcakes into their milk, but didn't mash them fully, and the foals had choked.

But where were the bodies, is what the Cakes asked, obviously in denial, thinking is was all a sick, twisted joke.

The pink mare, her mane falling over her eyes, said "I buried them... I'm sorry you couldn't see them... I just couldn't wait..." Indeed, there were two headstones in the backyard of the building, one for Pound Cake, one for Pumpkin Cake.

But inside the coffins, there were no bodies. There would never be.

After ponies heard the fake story, they stayed away from Pinkie, knowing she would never do it on purpose, but thinking that she, well, had murdered two foals! Her friends understood, or they think they did...

But nopony knew the true story besides Pinkamena Diane Pie and the Manticore that had eaten the foals.

Pinkie had been surprised that the Cakes let her stay...

By the time she finished her flashback, she lay sobbing on the cold, hard floor. There was a knock at the door.

"Pinkie, dearie, are you ok? It's well past noon and you haven't been out yet!" Mrs. Cake's voice said through the door.

The pink mare gave a start at it already being afternoon, but she didn't move. She had planned to try and find that pony-napper again today... But it looked as if she was in no shape for that today. She really couldn't see Mrs. Cake in the state she was in, so she tried to telepathically ask Twilight to teleport her to the library.

Twi? Twi, can you hear me? I'm so sorry Pound Cake, Pumpkin Cake... Please teleport me to the library... Please... Just stop crying... What's done is done... Soon, Pinkie heard a reply.

Of course I will, Pinkie... Are you thinking about... that again? You need to stop, or the grief won't subside... Ever... A few dizzying minutes later, Pinkie found herself in Twilight's library, face meeting the floor. "... Ow..." The mare uttered.

"So... Why did you want to come here, Pinkie?" The earth pony almost burst right back into tears right then and there. She pulled Twilight into a tight embrace.

"I... I just need somepony... Somepony who understands right now..." Twilight smiled softly as she returned the hug.

"Of course, Pinkie. I'll be here for you. I'll always be here for you."