• Published 31st Aug 2013
  • 601 Views, 29 Comments

A Heart as Red as Love - sharkray24



Nurse Reeda Heartley (Red Heart as most ponies call her) has a very stressful job and finally she meets her breaking point. Can she go on like this?

  • ...
4
 29
 601

Descent

After the visit, several days past, days turned into weeks, weeks slipped into months, and after the third month, I lost count, as if it mattered anymore. I was nothing, a hollow shell of myself, my ears could not see, my eyes could not hear, my lips to feel or my hooves to touch, I myself was a void of nothingness and darkness contained in a shell of white.

I fall, slowly and roughly into a dark sea of knives, that cut and slash and slice and slit all that I have ever known. They shred what you've believed to ribbons that crinkle and wrinkle to dry stems of nothing and crumple to dust that dries the air. They destroy everything you've ever believed about your world, your life, and your self. Who am I? What have I been doing my whole life? Was it worth it? Why do I continue?

I descend into the heart of that void of darkness. There is nothing there but truth, the dark truths that we hide in the back of our minds out of fear. The negatives of every thing we have ever done, and this truth, these dark truths, they make you not only question yourself, but you grow to the point as to brand yourself a villain. What I did was wrong. They asked for death and I kept them from their wishes. Who am I to try to alter the patterns of life and death?

I descend into the inner most center of the heart of that void where a voice speaks to me, as if like thunder. I am not able to understand it...it says, "Hoftk Ixnuk eftek! Oftek Ifshnef ektnuk! Otenra tak tok Foteshn Ifnet Kentuk!" The voice seems to get louder and more angry with every word. "Iftek Iftek Oksnuk! Ilsect Eftet Ishnush Foten Moten Ra!

I woke to find four sets of hooves holding down my struggling body, "Sedate her! Sedate her now!" yelled the owner of one set of hooves.

"I'm trying but I can't get a good vein, she's jerking too much!" yelled another.

"Let me handle this!" this voice was not the owner of any of these sets of hooves, it was the voice of Dr. Hugh Bris, or as his real name I found out was, Dr. Sin Cyanide. He had taken the name of Hugh Bris for "personal reasons" I saw the magic of his horn glow teal as he picked up a needle. Quickly, and without warning, he lunged the needle at my neck, and I felt the cold needle, like ice break into a vein. As the cold syrupy sedation fluid oozed out into my bloodstream, I saw him smirk that devilish smirk. Then I began my descent again.