• Published 26th Feb 2012
  • 901 Views, 10 Comments

The Journal of Candy Mane - TheLadyBard



Candy Mane is a mare without a mark. This is her journal: a document of her trials as she faces them

  • ...
0
 10
 901

Young Society

8 Days Before Winter Wrap Up, Year 2 of Sororal Rule

Whimsy will be here tomorrow morning! She’s old enough to take the train alone this year, so Cotton, Cream, and I will be meeting her at the station. Spring break for CSGU (and most other schools) consists of the weeks before and after Winter Wrap Up, so that fillies and colts can help with the national event while taking some relaxing time away from their studies. After wrapping up winter in Ponyville for so many years, it will be nice to see the use of magic to clear the snow. In Manehattan, Wrap Up lasts no more than three hours in the morning, and after that the day is dedicated to the Masquerade that commences that night. And speaking of the Masquerade, while enjoying a glass of after-dinner wine with Cotton and Cream, I finally did present Cotton with the gown. She was absolutely delighted! The gown echoes her icy blue mane to a T, and the darker blue edging both matched her eyes and complimented her cream-colored coat. She has insisted on finding a mask to match, and immediately decided she would find a gown and gift it to me for the Masquerade. I am exceedingly flattered.

It was right after that offer that Cream spoke up. He said that some of his contacts from Stalliongrad were planning on attending the Masquerade, and that, if he were not being too bold, one of the more eligible stallions was still in need of a mare to escort. Graciously, I accepted, and the conversation turned to business. Cream’s recent trip to that city of industry was very profitable for all parties involved. He negotiated with diamond dogs and the dragon representative over the current prices of gems, and came out with not only a fabulous deal for all of Equestria, but also an especially nice cut for himself and his gem-dependent enterprises.

He really is a remarkable young stallion. Furthering his father’s work in the masculist movement, he’s helped bring about greater awareness of the glass ceiling, and has personally been one of the few stallions to rise beyond it. He and Fancy Pants are truly the only stallions of their station (ignoring that fool Blueblood, whose only claim is royal heritage). I’ve heard he will be escorting some fine mare from Trottingham, and that she is both quite the beauty and a true mare of high society. He hasn’t disclosed this fine mare’s name, but he speaks of her often enough, not to mention the far away look in his eye when he talks of her successful endeavors. From what I can gather, she is an artist of some sort, and has been featured nationally! He says that soon she will be attempting to expand beyond Equestria’s borders with her work.

Well, the train tomorrow is an early one, and my evening has ended later than expected. I’m so excited to meet Whimsy!


7 Days Before Winter Wrap Up, Year 2 of Sororal Rule

My goodness, that young Whimsy is sharp as a whip! She speaks as if she’s already an adult and her composure is exquisite. And she is a lovely young beauty; much like Mother, her coat is a near-white shade of grey. She also has her father’s grey-blue color, though in her mane rather than her coat. It’s odd. Where Cotton and I are clearly related, one would be surprised to learn that Whimsy and Cream are siblings. With his tall, muscled build, dark brown coat, and cream-colored mane, Cream looks nothing like his sister. They make up for it, though, with wonderful sibling affection. Cream simply adores his little sister. I had thought he was a stoic stallion, with little emotional expression, but when Whimsy stepped onto the platform, he burst into a grin rivaled only by Pinkie Pie. He cantered over and swept the young unicorn into hug, and she was giggling all the while. Ignoring her insistence that she could carry the bags just fine on her own, he tossed them onto his back and we were off.

We sat down for tea that afternoon, after Whimsy had nearly worn herself out from talking all about CSGU, from her magic and Griffic Literature courses to the talk of the halls to the friends she had met and maintained. I had remained rather quiet, but Cotton and Cream almost never let up on their questions. Teatime, however, was different. With all the elegance of a lady, she levitated her cup down to the table and politely inquired as to my plans for Winter Wrap Up. We carried on fabulous conversation that, to the untrained ear, would have sounded incredibly dull (and frankly, on the surface it was a rather mundane talk). But her skill and verbal freshness! She could read me a law book and I would be enthralled! After tea, I quite frankly lost track of time, and we talked all through dinner. I hardly noticed that we were dining at all, and it wasn’t until an hour ago that we finally went off to bed. Truly that darling is wonderful.

Tomorrow I’ll be spending the day alone, however. Cotton is taking Cream and Whimsy out on the town. I do believe her intent on leaving me behind is to find a dress, through. Cream is going with to find a properly matching suit for my escort, and Whimsy is apparently a downright charm when it comes to finding lovely gowns.