• Published 28th Sep 2013
  • 1,011 Views, 24 Comments

Green Fields - Jakomi of the Rose



Ben, a human from Earth, was transported to Equestria by Discord. With promise of return he just waits.

  • ...
18
 24
 1,011

Entering with a flash

Prologue

Doesn’t it seem like every time you do something horrible, the cost is right up your nose? A few words, only a few words can make you charge a whole lifetime of arguments and misery?


“Stop saying that you are pathetic, you prick!”


Only in circumstances you yourself feel the need to stop your brain from forming those simple words that without trouble slip past your mouth. In anger and frustration, everything bottled up surfaces in front of the one you love.


“Continue your self-ranting, and eventually it comes as truth!”


It only takes a few seconds for your brain to process them. But it takes a lifetime to forget them, even longer to forgive.


“Because in my eyes, you are pathetic!”


But in the end, the person you say these words to, he or she needs to be able to forgive you. An action, words of forgiveness, anything. But the results are the same. And you pay for them.


“Dad, run!”


And I wish I could forgive myself for these words. Problem was, I was in no place to forgive, nor anywhere near him. It all took a few seconds after the flash… and my problems escalated. Where I was? How I ended up here? Even today, I do not know.

My body, felt like it was on fire. Pain surged through my body in any attempt to move. Voices, near me.
“What is that thing?” an adult male asked, concerned.
I heard the sounds of hooves trotting. Shadows over me. Pain crippled me. Felt like every bone in my body had been crushed. The smell of horses mixed with burned meat filled the air. I moved my hand slightly to try figuring out what I laid on. Hard. Not concrete nor asphalt.
“Get the princess! You two, keep close eyes on that thing.” Another male spoke up.
Did they speak about me? Was I a thing? Hooves once again sounded before muffled in what I could guess was grass. But soon switched to flapping of wings. I opened my eyes only to be blinded by clouded vision. I saw a horse… correction; I saw a pony near me. I tried to adjust my eyes to find the pony adorned in… armor?
I grunted and the pony recoiled in surprised.
“Sir? It spoke!” another voice, only younger.
I heard the voices but where were the humans speaking? I couldn’t lift my head to look around as if I was paralyzed.

The sound of flapping wings was heard as a new voice was nearing. This one female.
“What is going on?” she asked, surprised.
The male spoke up, not afraid.
“Princess Celestia. We found this thing lying on the ground after the thunder storm. It appears to still being alive.” He said, apparently talking about me.
She didn’t reply. Instead the sound of hooves came closer as my blurred vision formed a pearl-white muzzle. The horse looked at me, curious. I lifted my arm, winced in pain as I tried to pet her muzzle. My hand was bloody and left a trail on her as it fell down and my vision shortly blacking out. The only thing I heard was her speaking.
“He’s severely wounded. Get him to the infirmary at once!” she sounded worried.
“But princess-“ the male started only to be interrupted by something.
“He’s going to die. Get him treated!” she said, this time louder.

I blacked out… but my question was: Where did the voices come from?

Author's Note:

My first fic... I know a human entering Equestria have been done to death... but may I please try to entertain? *Smiles*