• Published 25th Aug 2013
  • 2,849 Views, 39 Comments

Story Of An Alicorn - Applepip



When an alicorn arrives in Ponyville after almost 2 millenia of traveling and looks like a male Princess Celestia, He thinks the trip is going to be straight forward, Little does he know it leads to the worst month of his existence!

  • ...
28
 39
 2,849

Memories (Re-edited)

"My birth was not your standard birth. As most births happened with unexpected results or mutations, as some would call them." I have to admit at the time the story of my past life didn't start as soft as Twilight thought it would.

"You were considered a... mutation?" She puts one hoof to her mouth in disbelief,

"Back then; yes. Alicorns were just a myth." I turn to look at Twilight seeing that she had finally removed her hoof from her muzzle. "Take into account, Twilight, that this was long before the Princesses took power." I point to the visible fortress of Canterlot Castle.

"It's hard to imagine what the world was like back then."

"It wasn't much different from how it is today, just more towns and cities," I make a small general gesture at Ponyville, "But as I was saying, There was some complications with my birth. First was the fact I had wings and a horn, something nopony in the clinic had expected, most of all my parents."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"That's it Mrs. Kicker, Keep pushing I can see the foal now... dear pony heavens," The doctor reels back slightly.

"What, Whats wrong doctor?!" The male pony says while holding the female giving birth,

"I don't know how to say this, but your foal has wings and a horn." The nurse nearby folds the foal into a blanket and hands it to the two happy ponies.

"Good heavens light, It's an Alicorn, our son is an Alicorn!" The female pony exclaims while still being out of breath.

"I don't understand, We are both earth ponies, We have never had any Pegasi or Unicorns in our bloodline." The male pony explains to the doctor. "How is this possible doc?"

"I'm afraid I have no idea, Perhaps we all have latent Alicorn DNA somewhere inside of us." The doctor goes to a nearby self containing a lot of books and scrolls. "Hm.....Ah here it is." The doctor drops a book on a nearby table the book was labeled myths and legends, "Now lets see here... page two hundred and one... here we go; Alicorns and their signs, it seems I was right, Alicorns can be born even if no parent has the genetic traits of either Pegasi or Unicorn."

"But what does that mean Doctor, Please give it to us straight." The two ponies now looking very worried.

"I'm afraid it means that your son will forever be, an Alicorn," The doctor points to the sleeping foal.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"So your parents were scared of you?" Twilight says,

"Well, a lot of ponies were scared of me. As I grew up I had a lot of mishaps. Most of all it showed as my horn and wings became bigger and my overall size grew to a point I couldn't stay in the family home."

"You had to leave?"

"No, no, nothing as bad as that, but we did have to build a bigger home. It didn't sit right with the rest of the town."

<><><><><><><><><><><>

"Mr Kicker, I have to say building this home for just your child is mildly inappropriate," The mayor of the town states by pointing at the building work in progress,

"I'm sorry Mr Mayor, But I have to my son has become too big and we must make more room for him,"

"Your son is a blight Mr Kicker, A blight on society, we all see it," The crowd now gathered behind the mayor nods their agreements,

"You can't expect me to believe that?, He's my son," Mr. Kicker says displaying some anger that the mayor would even propose such a thing.

"You have two choices Mr. Kicker. Either he goes, or you all go!" Mr Kicker recoils at the sudden hostilities by the townsponies.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

"My Celestia, They wanted to kick you out of town?" Twilight says, again putting her hoof to her mouth.

"It's funny though Twilight, After all this time, I finally realize why they were afraid of me." I stop walking and touch my horn and flex my wings. "It's because I was born with both of these appendages, that's why."

"That's stupid, just because you have both wings and a horn doesn't mean you're a bad pony." Twilight puts a hoof on my back, though she can just reach it.

"Thanks Twilight, But I have come to except what happened and now I just want to get on with my life," I touch her hoof and I feel for the first time something......I don't know what but something,

"Hello!" The sudden interruption gives Twilight and I a pony version of an heart attack. "Hey Twilight! What-cha doing? Who's this?"

"Pinkie! How many times have I told you to stop appearing like that." I noticed Twilight's tinge of anger and fear, Though I have no idea what the fear could be about.

"Um hi Pinkie, is it? I'm Valder, I just arrived in town." After I say that Twilight leans over and whispers

"You shouldn't have said that." She makes a slight giggle, which only causes me to raise another eyebrow.

"Oh! You're new,” She said, giggling wildly “I should welcome you properly at Sugercube Corner." Just before I reply Twilight starts to push the hyper pony away, "Hey, that's rude Twilight."

"Sorry Pinkie, But maybe you can welcome him later OK?” Pinkie was about to retort but notices the small glance and gleam in Twilight's eye's.

"Oh! OK, I get-cha ," she elbows Twilight in the chest, "Well see you later then, new pony," I wave good bye but I am still recovering after the hyper scare.

"Who in Equestria was that?" I look to Twilight,

"That was Pinkie Pie, probably the most hyper active pony you'll ever meet."

"Probably." I say, after a few more seconds we both start to laugh.

At the time we didn't realize but we had stopped right outside of Twilight's house. It was amazing. Four stories high and carved into a huge tree. Much better than some of the buildings I have seen in my travels,

"Woah! Is that the time," Twilight looks at the nearby clock tower.

"Whats wrong, I didn't make you late for anything did I?"

"No, but I have a very important meeting to attend and it's starting soon." She rushes into the library and comes back out with a satchel matching her cutie mark, "You should be OK here in town by yourself, right? At least until I get back..." Twilight pulls on the satchels straps making sure it's tight,

"I'll be fine, Anyway it will give me a good chance to see more of your town, I read about a famous boutique and orchard farm near here when I was in Hoofington. I might just go and seek them out." I noticed Twilight's ears droop slightly.

"Yeah, I'm sure Applejack and Rarity would love the attention!" That time I knew I had touched a nerve but in light of the increasing friendship I choose not to ask why.

"So, see you back here tonight then?" Twilight walks over and pecks me on the cheek.

"You got it." She then activates some spell and disappears,

"What was that for?" I think to myself, but I just shrug it off and pull out my journal. In side I find the leaflet titled Sweet Apple Acres. "Hm, best apples in Equestria? Now that I have to see."