• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 2,135 Views, 65 Comments

Wily - JeckParadox



A Megaman crossover, An evil genius with the potential to destroy the universe is stranded in Equestria with his robotic sons, Princess Celestia isn't sure Equestria is safe with Wily free, but how can she stand against him?

  • ...
3
 65
 2,135

Chapter 2

"What have you done to the Ponies here?! They're acting like nothing is wrong..."

"Nothing is wrong Princess." Wily said smugly. "They don't know yet, exactly."

"Know what?! I received a distress call from the city when your Diamond Dogs were invading it."

Wily just kept smiling, he waved his hand dismissively, as if he could make the fact that he invaded the city not exist by denying it. "I smoothed things out with the locals yesterday. My Dogs haven't hurt a single Pony."

"You built your... skull... over their town hall!"

"Celestia, this is a small city, during a recession, in an early fall, far to the north, miles and miles away from anything else. The town probably was only going to last a few more years before everyone left to find work elsewhere. There's not much besides corn to grow here, this far north." He shrugged. "I came here with a huge fortune, offered every pony here good work, and renovated their empty town hall. I even installed wireless lights heaters and stoves in every home in exchange for their old, breaking down generators. I'm already in charge, and with this it'll be official."

Celestia shook her head. "No. This is an Equestrian city. If the citizens here actually wished for it, and had good reasons for it I'd consider your cause. But just making your own country for no reason?!"

Wily put a hand on her shoulder and stroked her neck. It didn't feel seductive, it was like he was patting the head of a child or petting a cat. Celestia took a step back away from him, before slamming her hoof into the ground with an audible 'crack'. "Whoah now Princess... I have my reasons, I don't want to be limited by your laws, but that's honestly it. I want to be able to do my work in peace, without your people breaking in and trying to tell me what to do. We're already self contained and self-sufficient."

Celestia frowned. "Then why didn't you take your work outside our borders, in the lawless lands? Why do you feel that you have to hijack an Equestrian city?"

Wily stared back smugly. "Why not? Even our talk right now is mere formality. So how about we cut to the chase, eh' Princess? This could go four ways. One: You give me what I want, you lose a few miles of useless territory you probably weren't sure you had, I have my own little bubble of freedom and my own city, but after that neither of us gains anything. Two: we declare war on each other, you boot me out of Equestria and spend a few worried months strengthening unimportant borders and watching over unimportant towns, we both lose a little. Three: we declare war on each other, I deal with you and all your troops that you've brought here, which will start a long and bloody campaign that will end with me eventually dominating your country, everyone hating me, we both lose a lot...."

Celestia raised an eyebrow at the thought that he thought he could beat her and her army with a few Diamond Dogs. Apparently he wasn't familiar with the legends about her among the monsters outside of Equestria's borders. About her powers and her immortality. Not to mention the magical artifacts that sealed away anything that harmed Equestria's harmony. "What's number four?"

Wily smiled, coming closer again. "Number four is that I give up on my campaign and you become my funder. A shareholder in my work I suppose. We work together to improve Equestria with my technologies. I get my freedom to experiment, resources, and a happy home for me and my sons. You get access to my technologies, a way to watch me closely, and over time, you'll increase the quality of life for all your subjects." Wily grinned madly. "You can see all the good I've done here, haven't you? These ponies have more to eat now than they have in months, their homes are working better than ever before, and just because I was here for less than two days."

Celestia was surprised. She thought he had too much of an ego to be willing to work for her. But then again, she still didn't know anything about him, except that the ponies in the town were benefitting from him.

"Why should I? You're trespassing in Equestrian territory, you led armed and armored soldiers into a city and claimed it as your own. You are by all rights a foreign invader. You forgot the fifth option: where you surrender immediately, avoiding war at all and getting certain favors, while still leaving Equestria to find your freedom and resources far from our borders."

Wily shook his head sadly. "And here I thought you had vision Celestia..."

"I am a Princess, and you will refer to me by that title."

"Fine, Princess. I thought you could see the big picture! Go out on the street, walk into their homes, look at the technology I've improved, ask them what they think of it! They'll say it's new, and that they're unsure, but you'll be able to tell, because you can't be an effective leader without understanding something of your subject's nature, but you'll be able to tell they enjoy it! That they're hopeful and looking forward to the future I've presented them!" He gave a long laugh, a bad sign, considering Discord's, Sombra's and Nightmare Moon's penchants for maniacal laughter. "Celestia, I could bring that happiness to the rest of Equestria, under your guidance and control, I'm offering a compromise that benefits us both and the entire nation!!"

"Silence.... I need to think about your offer."

Wily's smug grin appeared again. "You've already accepted."

Celestia narrowed her eyes and turned back to him. "Oh? What makes you say that?"

"If you only cared about your protocol you would have decided to either declare war or try to enforce your 'option five'. But you're thinking about your subjects. This is too good of an offer."

She frowned. He was too condescending. He was too strange. He was the thing that she had felt was wrong about Equestria. He had to go. She opened her mouth to call to her guards, but the Doctor shook his head sadly. "Don't be petty Princess."

"Petty?!" Rainbow Dash growled.

But a slightly raised hoof from Celestia silenced the Pegasus. "How am I petty?"

"You know my offer is good for Equestria, yet you were going to refuse just because you didn't like me. Because I'm not a pony. Because I'm too smart. Because I'm strange. How petty, to let your personal feelings get in the way of your subjects."

Celestia gave a short laugh. "You think I'm petty in deciding to follow the logical and most normal approach? And I haven't even answered your question, you just keep irritating me while I think about whether or not to accept. If you really believe me petty, aren't you assuring you won't get your deal?"

Wily smiled. His expressions changed so often, and they were always so overexaggerated. "Princess, you aren't petty. In fact, you're very noble in my opinion. However, petty thoughts can cross your mind, I saw doubt, and dispelled it." Celestia narrowed her eyes at the doctor. "And no, I'm not telepathic... yet."

Pinkie Pie clapped a little.

Celestia looked at the creature for a few seconds. "I.. need to consult my sister. Stay here, any violent move will be interpreted as a declaration of war. Twilight?"

"Yes Princess?"

"You're a Princess too, what do you think about the situation?"

"Honestly... I'm intrigued by his offer. And even if he did act... rashly, talking about provoking war that easily, it's best to give him a second chance, isn't it?"

Wily gave a short laugh. "Your younger sister's an absolute gem, you're the cup-half-full type, ja?"

"I-I'm not the Princess's sister..."

Wily raised an eyebrow. "I assumed that since you both had wings and horns, and you're both Princesses, so unless you're from another kingdom, you'd have to be related... wouldn't you? Are you Celestia's daughter? Granddaughter? Niece?"

"We... have a different process of choosing Princesses..."

Wily grinned. "Interesting, what about the horn and wing combo? Is that one of the prerequisites?"

"No, it comes with the job."

Wily looked surprised for the first time since Celestia laid eyes on him.


Luna watched the sky with interest. Day Court had ended, and she was positively exhausted. When she returned three years ago Celestia made every effort to remake the Night Court, and put out a lot of publicity for Luna. But in the end it turned out that most ponies would turn to the Day Court first. She couldn't blame them, she supposed.

But the end result was that she had just gone through forty times her usual payload. She hoped Celestia would finish with the Diamond Dog issue quickly. Luna decided she didn't have much to do for the rest of the day, and to take the chance to relax in the sun with some ice cream. She had finished the preparations for the treat when she was interrupted by the flash of a letter. Luna sighed and set down her ice cream, summoning writing supplies and a scroll just in case she had to send reply mail.

It included a summary of what had happened, a description of Wily's character that made Luna laugh. Celestia was seething mad at this Doctor Wily. It didn't take much to make Celestia mad, but it took a lot to make it show. But she at least included the Doctor's 'options'.

Luna picked up a quill and unfurled the scroll, writing her response.

Dearest Sister, this Doctor's proposition is an interesting one, and from what you've described of his intentions; they are pure enough, despite your opinion of his personality. His inventions are interesting, going from your descriptions, and I trust the ponies of Whinnyeapolis's opinion of the creature. I know you will loathe me for making you deal with such an ego, I think you should agree to his deal. What bad could come of it? But you are there and I am here, so I turn to your judgement, having said my two bits.

Your Sister, Luna, Regent of the Night.


Celestia sighed, reading the short letter. She fluttered back down the hill to the square in front of the skull. "Alright Doctor Wily. My sister approves of your plan, and so does Twilight. They have equal authority to me, and I trust their judgement. We'll provide you a safe place to conduct your work, and the resources you need if possible... in exchange you must promise that your work will benefit Equestria and my little ponies."

"I promise on my life."

"Then it's done. Collect your things and follow me." Celestia watched as the Doctor celebrated with his sons, the strangely armored creatures dancing with him in a circle.

What strange creatures they were, to differ so much from creature to creature. She could understand the different colors, but their bodies were different as well. Being vastly different heights and builds, some having larger eyes and rounder heads, while others looked more similar to a hairless Wily.

She supposed it didn't matter. She had given her word now.

"Alright everyone! Gather your things, we're moving!" Wily turned to her, his face lit up with a smile. "So, where are we going? Or do you have a place set up for guests in this kind of situation?"

"...The caves under Canterlot will do for now." Celestia said. "But if we need to change locations after that we can get a place prepared for you."

Wily frowned. "Canterlot... Canterlot... camelot? Is Canterlot the capital?"

"Uh... yes."

"Good! I'll be able to see reactions firsthand!"

"Reactions?"

"Of course! We're changing Equestria, aren't we?! What better place to see how Pony's react to my inventions and ideas than in the Capital of the country!!"

"Well... you'll be in the caves under Canterlot-"

"So? I did most of my work so far! How are we getting there? Carriage? How do we get my Diamond Dogs-"

"You're not bringing them to Canterlot." Celestia said harshly. "They'd terrify my ponies."

Wily frowned. "They work for me now."

"Just leave them your horde, they'll be set for life."

"You don't want to use the money for yourself?"

Celestia shook her head. "It's dragon treasure. It's better that it get spread out as much as possible, and as far away from large populations as possible."

Wily scowled. "I don't leave my own." A dog came forward and put his head in Wily's waiting palm. Celestia frowned at the Dog. This wasn't just submission. It was acting like a normal dog.

"Don't you have any dignity?" She asked the dog. "You're a Diamond Dog, not a pet! Take your treasure back to your caves and-"

"Princess Celestia, they can't help it. They're not wolves, they're dogs. Man's best friend."

"Man?"

"Humans. Like me, well... not like me... I'm better. But still, this is loyalty, a loyalty I'm not betraying. My Dogs come too."

Celestia growled. "Fine. But treat them with respect, they're sentient creatures you know. They aren't your pets."

"Heh. Thank you, Princess. I'll treat them with more respect than I hold even for my fellow humans."

Celestia nodded, but she had a sneaking suspicion that put them at the same level as a pet anyway.


The trek took several days, the long procession of Diamond Dogs taking up most of the road, flanked on either side by the Royal Guards. Wily spent most of the time speaking with the armored Diamond Dogs and his six sons, she still never heard any of them speak, which came to a surprise to her, considering how talkative and noisy their father was.

The six Element Bearers went back to Ponyville, their Elements no longer deemed a necessary measure.

She approached Doctor Wily during one of his quiet talks with his children. She noticed one of them moving away from the main group, and decided to take the chance to get a feel for them. Perhaps his more annoying qualities weren't passed on. Either way, she might as well take the chance. She could only speak to guards who were afraid to speak to her for so long.

"Hello." She started off, getting the attention of the human. He was the shortest one, the one with the white armor and the blue parka. She assumed he was the youngest, considering his height. "My name is Celestia, what's yours?"

"...DWN 005, Iceman."

Celestia raised an eyebrow. She had heard their strange names earlier, but she never really focused on it. "Is that a common name where you come from?"

"...Not exactly." The child whispered.

"Is your father's name more common then?"

"Yeah... but he doesn't really like the name Albert as much. He prefers we call him Doctor Wily, or just Wily."

"Not 'dad'?"

Iceman shook his head. "We tried it for a little while, but we stopped after a bit. It makes him think too much about Light."

Celestia frowned. "Is Light your mother?"

Celestia flinched as Iceman began laughing, a high-pitched whistle-like laugh. "hehehe... n-not exactly. hehehe.." He quieted after a time. "...I'm not sure I should be talking to you."

Celestia frowned. "Why not? We're going to be working together for a long time probably, so why would it be bad to get acquainted?"

Iceman seemed to think hard for a few seconds. "just... wait a second!" He ran back over to Doctor Wily, and Celestia decided not to listen in. She looked away for a while, just watching the mountains, when she noticed Iceman coming back with the one with the flaming head. "Okay!"

Celestia frowned. How old were they that they had to ask their father before they were allowed to talk to someone? "Alright, so, let's talk. How about we start off introducing your brother?"

"I'm Fireman... DWN double-o-seven."

Celestia grinned. "So, are you Iceman's older brother?"

"no!" Iceman said angrily. "I'm the older one! I'm number 5! He's number 7!"

Celestia frowned. "But you seem so much younger..."

"I was built this way." Iceman pouted. Fireman put a hand on his shoulder and chuckled.

"Sorry, it's a bit of a sore point for him." Fireman said happily, Celestia had a difficulty getting a good read on Fireman's expressions, seeing as the helmet covered everything but his eyes. "Anyways, I'm Fireman, I'm the second youngest."

Celestia nodded. "My name is Celestia... so, what do you two like to do in your spare time?"

Fireman and Iceman looked at each other and began thinking deeply. "honestly... I'm not sure yet." Iceman said.

Celestia stopped walking for a second, both humans noticing and stopping with her. "What do you mean?"

"We haven't really had any free time since we were built..."

"Built?"

Iceman laughed again. "Of course!"

Fireman watched Celestia's confusion for a moment. "She think we're humans."

"You're not? Well... I honestly don't know what a human is, besides that Doctor Wily is one... but aren't you his sons?"

"We're robots!" Iceman said proudly. "We're better than most humans. We're tougher, and once we learn enough, we'll be smarter, and we live longer. Dr. Wily and Dr. Light made us."

"...I think I've heard of robots before..." in science fiction she said silently. "...but what are they?"

"Robots are machines that can move on their own, but beside that the definition's kind of flimsy. Technically we're androids, robots who were built to look like humans. But we're better than any other android that was created before us!" Fireman said proudly. "That's what Dr. Wily tells us."

"H-how old are you?"

Iceman frowned, counting on his finger. "Well... I don't know when they finished building me exactly, before Bomb, Fire, and Elec, but after Cut and Guts... but I only started being alive a few months ago, and I've only had free will for about a week. I was working almost the entire time though, no free time to speak of." he smiled at Fireman, who closed his eyes as his way of smiling back. "But that's going to change now! Dr. Wily says we're all going to have plenty of free time once we get to Canterlot. Then I'll know."

Fireman nodded. "When I first woke up they had me running a factory where they melted down and sorted metal to be recycled..." the android shuddered. But Celestia began to wonder. She heard them laughing, saw them smile, they were speaking of having fun... but weren't they just machines? "All those robots... some of them still had power..."

Iceman shook his head. "Don't worry so much... they didn't have souls like us. Most didn't even have complex AIs... Though it's still a shame."

Celestia sighed. Robots? Souls? AI's? She was going to have a long talk with the Doctor about his 'children'.