• Published 23rd Feb 2012
  • 2,176 Views, 19 Comments

Of Wings Imagined, A Humans Tale - Bridgebrain



A Humans tale details the occurrence of a nearly all powerful beings adventure in Equestria

  • ...
3
 19
 2,176

Prologue Redux

In the four million linear years he had lived, he had never truly gotten used to the feeling of non-existence, and it still made him shudder whenever he passed through it. He was a traveler, and his reason for his voyaging had previously been that he lacked anything better to do with his eternal life. An immortal being, with almost unlimited power and the mind of a mortal. He had spent countless millennia driven mad with power and ravaged by the concept of infinity, had come to terms with the nature of his existence, and now looked back with horror and sadness at what he had become.

He had seen his actions and thoughts creep into the minds of countless people, subtle at first, but eventually growing into a crescendo of chaos and destruction with the passing of years. He had decided that certain worlds were pointless, and in his wrath wiped them from the face of time with the utterance of a single word. He had explored various forms of self destruction, but had walked away unscathed. It was shortly ago, less than a thousand years, that he had decided to try and do something with his capabilities and longevity. He had decided to change the omniverse, composed of every potential variant of existence, and become its God. He had always believed that there was a higher power than him, and still maintained the thought, but he decided that he was tired of worlds he could not affect. His powers were limited to his knowledge, and while he was capable of understanding a universe completely, down to the very location of its atoms, it took time, and to be honest, he had become bored waiting. A bored deity is a very dangerous thing.

He had to enter a world to understand it, something that to him proved that there was something more than he in terms of omnipotence. Each world was programmed, showing vast intelligence and understanding. He had created his own worlds in his time of rationality, and even had created one he used as a home. Knowing everything about it, he had complete control, and could sit on the couch watching other worlds unfold as though watching a movie. He rarely left once it was made, the sensation of nothingness still being terrifying to him, but in order to interact with any world, he had to leave his comforts behind. His passion to create the foundations of existence from scratch did not overwhelm him, however, for he looked into his past and saw the destruction that his nature created. It was with this in mind that he began his quest, to form a group to help him reform reality not as he saw fit, but as they saw fit.

This group would consist of beings he decided to call Avatars: The champions of the universes that would be soon destroyed and remade. Each world that maintains life requires balance. To this end, an avatar is created, a being in whom the fundamentals of the universe are played out, a manifestation of their being. They live their lives blissfully unaware of their true purpose, making choices, fighting for life on both a miniscule and grand scale, and often making sacrifices. With the events of their life, balance between the rioting forces of the universes mind are maintained. The further out of harmony the universe is, the more power the avatar has. A being indued with the essence of an entire universe that lives a daily life among billions of its piers, nothing particularly special happening and leading a truly mundane life for instance, lives in a perfectly balanced world. He had decided not to consider those in such commonplace worlds, having lived in one until he had ascended to power. It had left him more bored in twenty years than four million combined. He wished for his future world to be decided by those that stretched the boundaries. Those who could understand balance, but were not ruled by it.

It is on his journey we begin this story.