• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 584 Views, 12 Comments

Comfort Far Away - Spic Ultimo



I've never known anything about my childhood. I've been told by the orphanage I was found on the street as a child. Tired of my life there, I ran away to a small town called Ponyville in hopes to forget everything I've known.

  • ...
3
 12
 584

To Be Loved

Once I entered the building, i noticed that the place looked a whole lot different when there weren't sweaty, screaming ponies on the dance floor. There were just a few ponies left, aside from me and Echo. Six, to be exact, three whom we already know. The first was a lavender with a dark purple mane and a pink streak going through it. The second was a cyan pegasus with a... rainbow mane? Huh, that's new. And the third was a pure white unicorn with a purple. styled mane. The purple one was the first to speak of the three. She seemed like a leader figure, compared to the rest of the group.

"Ah, so you're the new pony!" She said, "I didn't get a chance to see you during the party." She continued while studying me closely

"Uh... I was on stage." I said pointing to the general direction to where the stage was only to realize it was gone.

"Oh, right, well you see-"

"Twilight here had her nose buried in her books again, isn't that right, Twi?" The rainbow maned mare interrupted, to which Twilight blushed. She had a raspy, tomboyish voice and a bit of an attitude. "I'm Rainbow Dash, fastest flier in all of Equestria!" And there it was, the competitive athlete, I assumed.

"Rainbow, darling, it is very unladylike to boast in such a manner." This time it was the white unicorn. She sounded like she belonged in Canterlot. "I'm Rarity, owner of the Carousel Boutique, where every garment is chic, unique and magnifique." A dress maker. Well, at least she doesn't seem as conceited as most ponies from Canterlot. In fact, this is a pretty... fun looking group of ponies. We have the party animal, the shy one, the jock, the smart one, the hard worker, and the... I'm not too sure what Rarity is...

"I'm Solus, and this here is-"

"Echo! Ha, totally finished that for you!" Great... way to make a first impression. I turned over to him in time to see him gallop towards a tray of doughnuts. Soon after Pinkie bounced over his way, and started talking to Echo about baking all sorts of things. Echo listen on and began to drool.

"Quite the fan of sweets, I see." Twilight spoke up. I smiled and turned over to her.

"Yeah. We never rally had too many sweets growing up. He probably feels like he's in heaven."

"What do you mean?" Crap... looks like It's about to be story time.

"How do I put this?" I began, "We, umm... we come from an underfunded orphanage, so we never had many sweets growing up." Now I had everyone's attention. Surprisingly, Rainbow Dash was the first to speak up.

"So why are you here, then?" She said, asking the million dollar question. "Shouldn't you guys still be over there?"

"Yes, but it wouldn't be safe. There's been a sudden spike of crime in the past month, and it was either move somewhere else, undetected of course, duke it out at the orphanage, or succumb to a life of crime." I finished, everybody looking towards our direction with shocked expressions. Everyone except for Twilight. She looked more baffled than anything else.

"That's strange," She began, " The same has been happening here in Ponyville, from what I've been noticing."

"Just the other day, a stallion tried to get away with a hoof-full of my gems!" Rarity stated.

"And I heard of a robbery at the Quill and Sofas." Rainbow Dash finished. These crimes seem a little low caliber, though.

"The crimes of my town were of a higher degree... there's been murders and hostages along with bank robberies."

"WHAT?" came a loud, collective gasp from all six ponies, Pinkie and Echo haven just gotten here moments ago.

"How many murders have there been?!" Asked Twilight, clearly panicked. Looks like there hasn't been a murder here in a while.

I braced myself before answering. "Umm... about four the past month." Nothing came. I looked back and noticed everybody had horrified looks on their faces. Scratch that, there hasn't been a murder here in a REALLY long time.

"What if that starts happening here in Ponyville?" Came a soft voice. I looked over to Fluttershy and saw tears welling in her eyes. Now I felt like a douche.

"I'm sorry... I... I didn't..." I stopped when she started to openly cry. Crap. She looks like one of those ponies who should never cry. As every one went to comfort her, I sat and stared at the ground. I've never liked upsetting ponies, it seemed like the worst thing I could possibly do. Suddenly, I felt a pair of hooves wrap around from behind me, and a soft voice speak.

"It's okay, I forgive you. you had no idea how we would react." Fluttershy spoke. Now I was surprised. I've never had someone forgive me so easily.

"Thank you all..." I stated, feeling an overwhelming need to gratify the ponies before me. "You guys have shown me nothing but kindness and hospitality, that is so much more than I could ever ask for." I continued, voice cracking a bit. next thing I know, I was engulfed in a group hug by all remaining ponies in the room. That reminds me... "As nice as this is, we don't have a place to stay, and i was wondering if it was illegal to sleep n the park here in Ponyville." I stated, getting a few giggles from the group.

"You can stay at my place, my cloud home is big enough for the two of you!" Rainbow Dash proudly stated. Uh oh...

"Umm, two problems," I began. Here it goes. "One, Echo's an earth pony, and two, I can't exactly fly."

"What?! But you're a grown pegasus! You should have learned years ago!" Rainbow Dash began. Like I didn't know that.

"Enough, Dash!" AJ snapped at her. She's the last person I would expect to defend me. "Y'all are welcomed 'ta stay in mah home, we got enough room for the two o' 'ya."

"Thanks, AJ." I said, earning a smile from her by using her nickname. "Well then, I guess this is good bye for now." I started, looking at the group, who were all wearing smiles, Pinkie's being the biggest. "Thanks for the party, Pinkie." I said as the three of us exited the building and walked in the direction of Sweet Apple Acres.

Looks like things are starting to look up.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for the late chapter guys, I've been preoccupied with school. Lets just say that at the end of an essay typing week there isn't much of me left to be typing. Anyways, Help still wanted and all that fun stuff.
Have a nice day!

--Solus