• Published 22nd Aug 2013
  • 897 Views, 23 Comments

Sweet as Cakes - SweetieTheBot



Pound Cake loves to fly, and couldn't really care less about baking. But Autumn Spice, his newest love interest, does.

  • ...
2
 23
 897

5 - Ponyville Prized Pegasus

Pound didn’t speak to Autumn for the rest of the day, and when he was awoken by Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo tapping at his window, he was excited. Today was the Ponyville Prized Pegasus competition. He opened the window and flew to the stadium with Rainbow and Scootaloo.

“Are you excited? I’ve never been so excited, I can’t wait to see you compete!” Rainbow said, and Scootaloo nodded.

“If you win this, you may go onto the Equestria Awesome Pegasus competition!” Scootaloo said excitedly, and Pound agreed.

“I’m happy just to be flying.” He said, and he was. The wind in his mane, the air whipping back his ears, it was exhilarating, and this was just the trip to the stadium! Soon, the stadium came into view and the three landed inside.

“Okay, we have a half an hour to do some last-minute warm-ups. Pound, I want ten laps around the stadium, and when you get back, fifty wing-ups.” Rainbow said, and then sat down on the coach’s bench next to Scootaloo.

Pound began his laps, and took the chance to look around the stadium. It was carved out of dark brown wood, and oval-shaped. In the stadium, there were about fifty young pegasi doing laps and wing-ups, and other exercises. He spotted Rumble’s son, Lightning Strike, flying in a tight circle. After his laps, he got in the wing-up position, and began pushing. Scootaloo was looking at him encouragingly, and Rainbow Dash was writing their names in the sign in sheet.

When he was done with the wing-ups, he heard a whistle and stood up. A red pony with an orange and green mane walked in, next to a white unicorn with a blue mane.

“Alright, everypony. My name is Red Lightning, and this is Snowflake. We will be seeing over everypony, and making sure the contest goes smoothly. You’ll sit in the dugout, and we’ll call a few names at a time to compete against each other. The winners of each race will race against each other in a final race, which will decide the winner. Understand?” Red Lightning said loudly, and the group of pegasi nodded unanimously.

Snowflake stepped up. “Remember, everypony try their best, ad don’t be discouraged if you don’t win. We do this every year. Have fun!” Snowflake said, and the pegasi filed into the dugouts.

Pound watched as the crowd filed into the bleachers, and spotted ponies he knew. He saw his parents, his sister, Pinkie Pie, Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Spike, but he didn’t see Autumn Spice.

Fine, if she wants to be a jerk and not come, let her. Not like I care. He thought.

His sister did seem worried though, like she was scanning the stadium, trying to locate Pound. The pegasi inside the dugout were hidden from the audience, so Pound knew that until he came out to race, Pumpkin wouldn’t see him.

The announcer was riling up the crowd with music, and Pound was getting impatient.

When can I go out there? Pound thought, and began tapping his hoof. Finally, the announcer said that the competition would start. Red Lightning and Snowflake walked out into the center of the stadium holding a clipboard.

“Hello everypony. I hope you all are ready, I have a feeling this will be one of our best Ponyville Prized Pegasus competitions ever!” Red said, and the crowd cheered. “Let’s start with a simple two lap race.” Red said.

Snowflake stepped up to the dugout. “Can I have, Wind Fire, Summerblaze, High Note, Scarlet Stripe, and Pound Cake out here please?” Snowflake said, and the ponies that were called trotted out to the stadium.

Next to him was the pony he guessed was Scarlet Stripe. She was an orange pegasus, with a lighter orange mane.

Scarlet looked at him and smiled. “Are you excited? I’m going to win this.” Scarlet said, and smiled.

Maybe if Autumn is out of the question, Scarlet could be my girlfriend. Pound thought.

“I am super excited, but I bet I’ll beat you.” Pound said, and Scarlet batted her eyelashes.

“We’ll see about that, Cake.” She said coyly, and trotted ahead.

The pegasi took their positions on the stadium, and Red Lightning was counting down. Suddenly, Pumpkin Cake came running down the bleachers, knocking into many other ponies.

“Pound Cake! Pound Cake!!” She yelled, and Pound looked to her and cringed.

She’s going to try to keep me from racing. Pound thought, and rolled his eyes. When Pumpkin reached the stadium, she ran on the neat, green, trimmed grass to Pound Cake.

“Pumpkin Cake! What are you doing?!” I’m just about to race!” Pound said, annoyed.

Pumpkin was panting. “It’s about Autumn.” she said, between pants.

Oh, what does she want. Pound thought angrily.

“She’s in the hospital, she was in an accident.”

***

Pound Cake’s anger melted.

“What?!” He said.

“Autumn was in a flying accident, she’s in the hospital!” Pumpkin said.

“On your marks.” Red Lightning said, but Pound didn’t stay for ‘Go’. He flew up and out of the stadium, as fast as he could.

Ponyville hospital, where’ s Ponyville Hospital?! Pound thought. He flew down a little bit, and spotted the red cross of the hospital. He flew toward the hospital as fast as he could. Once he was at the hospital doors, he busted open the doors, and saw Fluttershy and Big Macintosh sitting in the waiting room.

“Where’s Autumn?” He asked, and Fluttershy pointed to the door labeled ‘17’. Pound flew into the room, to see Autumn Spice lying on the hospital bed, her wings, and her left hind leg, in casts. Pound ran over to her.

“Autumn, oh my Celestia. Autumn are you okay?” Pound asked, and Autumn looked up at him. Her face was scratched, and there were stitches running from the bottom of her chin to the bottom of her left eye.

“Oh Autumn…I’m so sorry.” Pound said, and hugged her as softly as he could, as not to disturb her injuries.

“Y-You’re missing your competition.” Autumn said, shakily.

“I had too. I needed to know you were okay.” Pound said gently. “I, I care about you, Autumn. I’d be crushed if something bad happened.” Pound said, and Autumn smiled. “How did this happen?” Pound asked, and looked at her broken body parts, encased in casts.

“You said you hated baking. I thought since you liked Rainbow Dash better than me, I’d do something like Rainbow Dash.” Autumn said. Pound sighed.

“Autumn, I don’t care about baking. I love you, Autumn. Not Rainbow Dash, not Scootaloo, you. And if you love baking, then I’ll stand by you and bake.” Pound said, and nuzzled Autumn’s cheek gently.

“Pound Cake…I’m sorry.” Autumn said.

“Don’t be sorry, Autumn. It’s my fault. I apologize.” Pound said, and lifted his head. Autumn’s green eyes sparkled lively, despite her crippled state.

“I love you, Pound Cake.” She whispered. Pound cake leaned closer to her face. “I love you too.” He said, and then brought his lips to hers. The kiss lasted for only a few moments, but it might as well lasted a few years. Pound lifted his muzzle. Autumn was looking at him lovingly.

“Pound?” Autumn said.

“Yes?” Pound replied.

“Can I come over to bake when I get better?”

Author's Note:

Red Lightning belongs to: http://tallieee.deviantart.com

Snowflake belongs to: http://skajpu.deviantart.com/

Scarlet Stripe belongs to: http://scarlet-stripe.deviantart.com/

These characters are not mine :D, and I do not claim them as mine.