• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 18,267 Views, 643 Comments

The Ranger's Journey - Silentpegasus



Due to the recent animal activity from the Everfree Forest, Princess Celestia has sent an agent from The Academy. What will happen when a certain librarian starts to fall for the crimson haired warrior?

  • ...
47
 643
 18,267

Chapter XIII: Cider

Chapter XIII

Cider

Crimson’s eyes slowly opened to see sun pouring through the window. He looked down at his body and saw his upper half covered by bandage like webs. The man slowly got to his feet and looked at himself in the mirror. He focused his magic and saw that the seven chains were still intact. The memories of last night soon came rushing back to him. The man held his head in shame and quietly walked into the bathroom.

He entered the shower and let the warm water wash over his body. He hung his head and felt his wet hair stick to the sides of his face. The water ran off his face and his skin screamed at the heat. Crimson shut the water off and dried off. He quickly grabbed a black T shirt and a pair of blue pants. As he picked up his jacket he saw the hole in it from Nightmare Moon’s sword.

The man groaned and slung it over his shoulder. He then saw a note drop from the pocket. The man picked it up and levitated it.

Crimson,

Take the day off. We got your shift.

~Ivy, Cobalt and Rouge.

P.S. Crow’s orders.

P.S.S. Rouge void trapped Scarlet, so don’t get any ideas.

Crimson groaned and tossed the note in the waste basket. He made his way out the door and into the small town. The man kept looking forward for any kind of danger. He slowly made his way into the dress shop and looked around.

“Coming~” A familiar voice chimed. Crimson waited in the main lobby and waited.

“Hey!” A small high pitched voice said. Crimson looked over towards the kitchen and saw a small girl with green eyes and curly pink and white hair. She was donning a white dress that went down to her ankles. “You’re Crimson right?”

“Yes, who are you?”

“I’m Sweetie Belle, Rarity’s little sister.” She said with a smile as she walked up to him.

“Nice to meet you.” He said with a smile.

“Is it true that you beat an Ursa Minor?” She asked in anticipation.

“Yeah.” He said in a nervous tone. The man then saw the pretty seamstress coming down from the stairs.

“Sweetie who are you talking to?” The woman’s eyes shrank and she gulped as she saw the red haired man standing in her shop. A bead of sweat formed on her brow. Crimson narrowed his eyes and saw that something was different about the designer. “Oh Crimson, what brings you here?” She asked in a shaky tone.

“I was hoping that you could fix my coat for me.” He said as he held out the garment. Sweetie’s eyes shrank as she saw the large hole through the back.

“Oh...of course. No problem.” She said as she took the jacket from him. “Do you need anything,” She was cut off as the man vanished in a puff of red smoke. “else.” Crimson teleported into the center of town and grunted.

Crimson then made his way towards the library and kept his head low. As he opened the door he saw the scholar asleep on her desk with pen still in hand. A small trail of drool was also forming a small puddle on her notes. The man shook his head as he let out a small chuckle. He tapped the bell on the desk which caused the woman to shoot up in surprise.

“Star Swirl the Bearded!” She yelled. Crimson looked at her with a cocked eyebrow. The woman gulped as she looked at the man.

“Um, Twilight.” He said as he motioned to his face. The scholar then quickly wiped her mouth and threw on a sheepish grin.

“H-how can I help you?” She asked in a nervous tone. Crimson narrowed his eyes again and grunted.

“You okay?”

“Yeah, I’m just tired.” She said with a yawn. “I didn’t get much sleep last night.”

“Well, after hearing about what I am that’s to be expected.” He said in a flat tone. Twilight gulped at the words.

“Wh-what do you mean?”

“I’m not an idiot Twilight.” He said in a rough tone. “I know Crow told you that I’m a conduit.” The librarian froze and slowly looked down towards her hand.

“How did you know?”

“That look in your eye gave it away.” He said in a flat tone. “I’ve seen it in everyone else who knows.”

“What look?” She asked in confusion.

“The look of pure fear.” He said in a dark tone. Twilight gulped and adverted her gaze. “Relax, I’m used to it.” He said in a flat tone.

“Crimson I-”

“You don’t have to say anything.” He said with a sigh. “I know what I am and I’ve accepted it.”

“Which is?”

“A monster.” He said in a flat tone. Twilight looked at him in surprise.

“Crimson you’re not-”

“No, I am. End of story.” He said with a sigh. The man turned away as the librarian frowned.

“Crimson, look at me.” She said in a flat tone. The man rolled his eyes and kept looking the other way. “Look at me!” Crimson sighed and turned his head only to be met with a hard slap to the face.

“What the hell was that for?” He said as he put a hand to the red hand print on his cheek.

“For being a complete idiot.” Twilight said in a flat tone. “How can you call yourself a monster?”

“How can you call me anything but?” He said as he glared at the scholar. “I’m not human or a demon, I’m....I don’t even know what I am!”

“You’re a good person.” Twilight yelled. “I know that I’ll never understand the burden you have, but you don’t have to bear it alone.”

“What would you know about it?” He said as he frowned at the woman. “I’ve seen things you wouldn’t believe. I have lost things that you would never understand and I know things. Secrets that must never be told, knowledge that must never, ever be spoken!” Twilight gulped. “Every time I close my eyes, I can see their faces.” He said in a low tone.

“I can see every person the demon has ever killed, I hear their screams of agony as he takes their lives and the hatred they felt right before they die.” Twilight was speechless. “Honestly, there are days that I wish Ivy had just killed me when she had the chance.”

“What?” Twilight gulped. Crimson’s hand glowed a bright red and rested it on top of the scholar’s head. Twilight felt the foreign aura enter her mind and her vision shifted to a scene.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She saw Crimson with his back flat against a stone wall and the green haired girl holding a sharp knife in her right hand. As she raised it, Crimson didn’t protest, or beg. Twilight saw the green flyer’s body shiver and her hand was shaking. The flyer felt a river of tears flow down her face.

“I-It’s not fair.” She said as she stabbed the rock next to the boy’s head. “When I finally make a friend,” She said with a sniffle. “just to find out that he’s got what killed my father in him.” Crimson looked at her with tears in his eyes, not out of fear, but guilt.

“I’m so sorry.” He said with a quivering lip. “If you kill me, then I won’t hold it against you.” Ivy looked at him in surprise. “I know the pain you feel and I hate this thing as much as you do.” The girl backed away and looked down at her shaking hand holding the knife.

The memories of the time she had spent with the young boy and her two other friends then came rushing back to her. How they had watched each others backs. The fun games that they played with one another and how they’d joke around with one another. She firmly gripped the knife and aimed right for the boy’s heart.

Crimson opened his eyes as he felt the girl’s arms wrap around him and the sound of the knife hitting the floor. Ivy cried into the boy’s shoulder. Crimson fought back the pain as he felt tears form in his eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scholar’s vision was then filled with the familiar library as the man removed his hand from the librarian’s head. Twilight looked at him with tears in her eyes. Crimson hung his head and let out a sigh.

“That’s why Ivy is like that. She feels guilty about that moment, even though I don’t hold it against her.” He said with a sigh.

“You honestly think that thats what keeping her around?” She asked. “Guilt?”

“What else could it be?” He asked in an angered tone. “A demon like me isn’t meant to have friends.”

“Tell me, would a demon risk their life to save a lowly librarian?” Crimson felt his throat go dry. “Or defend a town from an Ursa Minor?” She said as tears formed in her eyes. “Yes, you have something inside you that’s evil, but that doesn’t define who you are.” She yelled. “Headmaster Crow told us that you’ve always used the power you have to help others! You saved my life! Are you telling me that it meant nothing?”

“I didn’t need any more blood on my hands. That’s all.” He said in a flat tone. “I’m a weapon, a tool to be used to fight monsters. Nothing more.” Crimson said as he narrowed his eyes.

“How can you say that after your parents gave their lives to save you?” The woman fired back. “They gave the ultimate sacrifice so that you could live and now you’re saying that you’re just a puppet?” Crimson froze in place at the words. “It’s the most ungrateful thing I’ve ever heard!” The red haired man was shaken to the core. How could this librarian from a backwater town had looked through him so easily?

Crimson turned around and made his way towards the door. Twilight called out to him one last time, but the words fell on deaf ears as he closed the door behind him. Twilight sat back down and slammed her head on the desk. The scholar looked up the stairs to see her assistant staring at her in amazement.

“Wow Twilight, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you tear into someone like that before.” He said as he walked down the steps.

“I just don’t understand it Spike. You heard what his Headmaster said.” She said as she sat up straight. “I mean, how can someone who’s done so much good think that they’re so bad?” The boy put a clawed hand on her shoulder.

“I don’t know Twi.” He said with a sigh. He then saw a few wet spots appear on the desk and saw that she was crying. The boy sighed and left her alone as he walked back up stairs. Twilight collected herself and returned to her work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crimson kept his head held low as he slowly made his way through the small town. As he tried to force the woman’s words out of his head the more they stuck. As he walked he stepped on something fairly soft. He looked down to see an old stuffed doll that was raggedy and looked like it had been mended a few times. He picked up the doll and looked it over.

“Hey!” Crimson looked up to see the hulking male farmer walking towards him. The man was wearing a plaid red shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a pair of work jeans that stopped at his boots. “Whatcha got there?”

“Just some doll I found out here.” He said as he looked at it. “I figured that it was your sister’s.”

“Um....yeah.” He said as he took the doll and put it in his back pocket. “Listen ah know that we don’t know each other all that well, but ah wanted to thank ya for saving mah farm the other day.”

“No problem it’s my-”

“Ah insist. Besides I just opened up a case of Cider and ah can’t drink it all on my own.” Crimson really didn’t feel like having a drink, but he needed something to get his mind off what the librarian had just said.

“Fine.” He said with a groan. “It’s Macintosh right?”

“Eeyup,” He said with a smile. “but ya can just call me Big Mac. Everybody does.” He said as he led the warrior into the South orchard. For some reason, Crimson's eyes were locked on the doll the man had in his back pocket.

"Hey Mac," Crimson said as the man turned around. "Where'd you get that doll from?" Mac gulped as the memories of the locally titled 'Smarty Pants Incident' came rushing back to him.

"Um....Ah picked it up in Trottingham for Bloom while Hearths Warming's eve shopping." He lied as some sweat formed on his brow. "Why?"

"Just looks familiar." He said as he glared at the raggedy doll. "Probabaly saw it in a store somewhere." He said with a shrug.

"Eeyup." The farmer said as the two walked deeper into the orchard. Mac checked his corners and walked over to a lone stump. He reached down and pulled out a key. Crimson raised an eyebrow as he lifted the lid and saw a ladder going down.

“Why do you have a false stump packed with cider?” He said as he watched the man go down the latter and come back up with a cooler filled bottles of of the liquor.

“AJ and I make it ourselves and we always keep some left over for us to enjoy.” He said as he opened the cooler and withdrew two bottles. He handed one to the red haired man. “We each have our secret stash, but she always jumps the gun and dives right into hers.”

“Is it a problem?” He asked as he opened the bottle.

“No, she’s not like that. Course she shares a bunch with her friends so that’s why it goes so fast.” He said as he opened his own. “Cheers.” He said as they bumped the glasses together. Crimson took a small sip and winced at the taste.

“That is strong.” He said with a gulp. Mac chuckled and sipped his own. “So is there a reason why you called me out here?” He asked as he took another sip.

“AJ told me about yer folks. Sorry, to hear.”

“Yeah well, not much ya can do about it.” He said with a shrug.

“Yer green haired friend also stopped by today.”

“Ivy?” The farmer nodded. “What for?”

“She needed to practice her punches and uprooted a tree.” He said as Crimson chuckled.

“Typical Ivy.” The two then fell silent for a while before Mac spoke up again.

“Look, ah don’t rightly know what happened with yer folks but-”

“There it is.” Crimson said with a groan. “What? Did Ivy tell you to come and talk to me?”

“No, ah thought of it.” Mac said as he glared at him. “Trust me, ah know how ya feel.”


“How?”

“Mah folks died protecting AJ and I from a pack of Timber Wolves.” He said in a flat tone. Crimson cocked an eyebrow at the man. “Ah watched helplessly as they took them on and were ripped to shreds. When some neighbors arrived it was already too late.” He said as he hung his head. “I kept AJ’s head covered so she wouldn’t have to see it.” Crimson could see the sadness forming behind his green eyes.

“For the longest time ah blamed myself for not being stronger and not being able to protect em.” He said as he took a long swig from his bottle. “Hell, there were times where I’d want to take six feet of rope and turn myself into a decoration in the barn.” Crimson gulped as he imagined the picture. “Want to know why I didn’t?”

“Why?” Crimson asked in a flat tone.

“The look of my sister’s faces if they ever saw me do something like that.” He said in a flat tone. “Ah couldn’t do that to them.” He said in a flat tone. Crimson looked at the man and gulped.

“At least you had a family.”

“You don’t?” He asked. Crimson shook his head. “Then what the buck do you call Ivy?”

“She’s a-”

“Friend?” Mac said as he glared at the man. “I can tell from that look in her eye that she loves you like a brother. Same goes for those other two.” The three faces then filled the red warrior’s mind. “Granted ah don’t know them that well, but ah know that they care about you along with the Crow feller Ivy mentioned.” Crimson hung his head in shame.

“Just that look in their eye told me that they’d do anything to help you and that’s what family is.” Crimson stood frozen as the words hit him. “Course that’s just my opinion.” He said as he got up. “If ya don’t live for yourself, then at least do it for the people who care about ya.” Mac said as he started to walk away.

“Hey Mac,” Crimson said as he looked at the farmer. “thanks for the drink.”

“Anytime, just don’t tell Dash about mah stash or she’ll hound me.” He said with a grin. Crimson nodded and slowly made his way out of the woods. As he did three familiar mages ran up to him.

“There you are!” Ivy yelled.

“Dude we’ve been looking all over for you.” Cobalt said. The purple haired girl noticed her friend’s expression.

“You okay Crimson?” She asked.

“Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind is all.” He said with a sigh. “Look, I know I don’t say this enough but,” The group looked at him in confusion. “I’m glad that you guys have my back.”

“Where is this coming from?” Rouge asked.

“Don’t tell me that you’re going soft on us.” Cobalt said as he put an arm around his friend.

“No seriously, I’d have been long gone if it hadn’t been for you guys.” He said with a weak smile. The three chuckled and shook their heads.

“Okay, who are you and what have you done with Crimson?” Ivy said. “You’re being too nice.”

“Oh shut up.” He said with a grumble.

“There it is!” Cobalt said with a smile. Crimson rolled his eyes and smiled.

“I’ll catch you guys later, theres something I gotta do.” He said before vanishing in a flash of red light.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight sat at her desk still trying to figure the red haired man’s words out. The room was then filled by a flash of red light. Twilight opened her eyes and saw the red haired man standing before her. Twilight frowned and was about to protest.

“Before you bite my head off I just want to say something.” Twilight closed her mouth and crossed her arms. “You’re right.” The scholar looked at the man in confusion. “It’s an insult to their sacrifice thinking of myself as just a tool,” He said with a sigh. “and I’m sorry if I upset you earlier.” Twilight took a moment to gather her thoughts.

“I can’t say I approve of what you said, but I accept your apology.” She said with a sigh.

“Thanks.” He said with a sigh. “Look, when the rest of the world sees you as nothing but a monster, the idea kinda gets stuck in your head.” Crimson said as he hung his head. “When I found out.....I’ve never felt like such an outcast in my life and when I used that thing's magic last night it just reminded me of it all.” The man said as he hung his head. “Again, sorry about the outburst, but before I go.” The man then gently took the librarian’s hand in between his own, causing her face to turn bright red. Twilight could feel the calluses on his hands from using his weapon. She felt a small tingling sensation arise on her skin.

“Wh-what are you doing?” She asked as her face grew redder.

“Removing the seal Crow placed on you.” He said as the glowing stopped. Twilight looked at her hand and saw the crow image shatter. “There, now you’re not in any danger.” He said with a grin. “I’ll do the same to the others as I see them.” Twilight kept looking at her hand and tried to hide her blush.

The door suddenly opened to reveal the three warriors and the other five mares. “Ah good you’re all here then.” Crimson said. The girls all gulped as they saw him. “Look I know that Crow told you about me being a conduit and that he placed a seal on you all.”

“Y-yeah.” Dash said. The man then extended his hand.

“I’ll remove it.” The girls all looked at one another in shock.

“Why would you do that?” Applejack asked.

“I don’t want to see any of you suffer for my sake.” He raised his right hand and five beams shot out and connected with the five girls hands. The group felt a tingling sensation and saw the marks vanish. “There it’s done.”

“Thanks.” Dash said as she flexed her hand. Cobalt snickered and felt something glow in his pocket. The flyer pulled out the crystal and ran his magic through it. The image of the cane holding man then appeared through the gem.

“Ah good to see that you’re up Crimson.” The image said. “How are you feeling?”

“Better.” He said with a small smile.

“Good, then you’re well enough to take the penalty for going against orders.” He said with a wicked grin. The four warriors gulped. “As punishment, you’re suspended until it’s time for the trials.” Crimson bit his lip. “You’ll still receive jobs, but you will have to stay where you are and not return to the Academy before them.”

“If Crimson stays then so do we.” Rouge said.

“Guys you don’t have to-” The blue flyer then clamped a hand over his mouth. Crow chuckled and shook his head.

“Very well, you three will remain with Crimson for the time being.”

“So is that it?” Cobalt asked.

“Oh no, you’re not getting off so easily. Don’t think I don’t know what you two did in Griffonia.” Cobalt and Rouge gulped. “I’ve got something special planned for you four.” The group all shook in fear at the man’s words.

“Wait, what about Cliff and the others?” Crow grinned and snapped his fingers. Four clouds of smoke then filled the library. The four looked to see that the red three headed dog was as big as a Husky. The green dragon was only ten feet long, the blue gorilla was only four feet tall and a large purple spider was along side them.

“I reduced their size so that they can stay with you.”

“Thanks Crow.” Crimson said as he patted the dog on the head.

“Oh trust me your punishment will be swift and just!” The man said with a grin. “The rest of your equipment is also available to be summoned.” The image said. “Good luck.” He said before the image fizzled out. The four looked at one another and were shaking.

“What did you two do?” Crimson asked as he looked at the purple mage and blue flyer.”

“We may have accidentally caused a rock slide that may or may have not hit a major shopping center.” Cobalt said with a weak grin. Crimson face palmed and groaned. “No one got hurt!”

“Great, we may have to do ‘it’ again.” Ivy said.

“Don’t even joke about that Ivy!” Rouge yelled. “I’m still getting that troll smell out of my clothes.” She said with a shiver.

“I doubt that there’s a troll stall anywhere around here.” Crimson said. “Anyway, we’d better get back and brace for the on coming shit storm.” He said as he turned to leave. The six girls watched as the small blue ape climbed on Cobalt’s back and hung on. The green serpent slid around the green flyer’s neck and rested. The spider jumped onto Rouge’s back and wrapped it’s eight legs around her back. The three headed dog barked and followed it’s owner out of the library.

“Seriously dude,” Cobalt said as he looked at the red haired man. “what was all that sappy stuff before?”

“Nothing, I just remembered something. That’s all.” He said as he continued to walk down the road with the three others following him. The three shrugged as they made their way back towards the clock tower.

Twilight looked back at her friends who all had confused looks on their faces.

“So what do ya’ll reckon we do?” She asked as she looked at her hand.

“I think that we should at least tell the local guards and-” Rarity started.

“No!” Dash bellowed.

“Crimson is trusting us with one of his most precious secrets.” Twilight began. “It was almost impossible for him to tell me how he thinks of himself.” The girls all looked at one another in shock. “He could have hurt us at any time and he’s only had to use that power when he’s needed to.”

“He could have had that dog of his eat us alive.” AJ commented.

“Yeah and if we did tell the cops then we’d have three very, very angry mages to deal with.” Dash said. The group of girls all shivered at the thought of the other three mages converging on them. “We don’t even know what they can do yet.”

“Yeah and Crimson is our friend and so what if he’s got a sketchy back round?” Pinkie started. “He’s still a nice guy and now he’s got his old friends here.” The pink haired girl gasped and jumped. “I better plan them a party!” The librarian let out a sigh and looked at the group.

“So we’re agreed that we don’t tell anyone?” Twilight asked. The group all gave a reluctant nod. “Good.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night Cobalt and Rouge were given a traditional Pinkie Pie style welcome party. The four warriors were sitting on a table and catching up. Twilight and the others soon joined them.

“So Cobalt,” Rarity started. “What kind of magic can you use?” She asked with a coy smile.

“Lightning.” He said with a smirk.

“Lightning?” Twilight asked. The blue flyer opened his palm to show sparks arcing at his fingertips. He snapped his fingers the group saw a broadsword appear in his hand. The blade crackled with electricity and danced along the blade. In his left appeared a hardened metal shield.

“I funnel my aura through the blade and it increases it’s slicing ability.” He said as he sheathed the blade inside the shield. “I also lace the shield with the lightning so that it transfers damage to my attacker.” He said as he made the weapons vanish.

“So awesome!” Dash said with a smile.

“Interesting, what about you Rouge?” Twilight asked as she looked at the quiet mage.

“I specialize in strategic oversight and long range combat.”

“Huh?”

“I’m an archer and I specialize in strategies.” She said in a flat tone.

“How good are you?” Dash asked. Rouge grinned.

“Put your hand flat on the table.” She said as she walked behind the flyer. Dash shrugged and spread left her hand out. Rouge placed hers on top as Ivy and Cobalt secured their arms.

“What are you doing?” Dash asked as Rouge pulled out a knife and twirled it in her right hand. The other girls gulped.

“Hey, you can’t do that.” Ivy protested. Dash felt a small wave of hope wash over her. Ivy pulled out a bandanna and tied it around Rouge’s head so that it covered her eyes. “Okay, now go for it.” The girl breathed heavily and started to sing as she made the knife dance.

When she was done Dash’s face had drained of all color and was shaking. Crimson, Ivy and Cobalt clapped for their friend. Dash was still shaken. “Easy there Dash, you did good.” Ivy said with a smile.

“How?”

“Considering that you didn’t piss yourself is an accomplishment in it’s own.” Cobalt said as ha put an arm around the mage. “I know plenty of guys that were crying for their granny’s after Rouge got done with them.”


“You flatter me.” She said with a smile.

“So you’re good with a knife.” Applejack said with a gulp. “What about that archery thing?” Rouge rolled her eyes and reached inside her cloak. She pulled out a small purple tipped pin and looked around the room.

“See that bottle on that table over there?” She pointed with her finger. The girls saw the bottle from across the room and nodded. “See the cork?” The group nodded again. “See the fly on the cork?” The group squinted and could make out the small insect on the top of the wine bottle. Rouge took a deep breath and focused. The speed of her hand could rival a Cobra strike. The group watched in amazement as the pin pierced the fly and stuck it to the wall.

The group all let their jaws drop in awe. “Still got it.” She said as she looked at her nails.

“Wow.” Pinkie said.

“We’ve all go our little talents.” Cobalt said with a grin. “Ivy for instance is the current arm wrestling champion at the Academy.” The green flyer smiled and struck a pose.

“Is that a challenge?” AJ piped up.

“Only if you make it one.” Ivy said as she put her arm down on the table. Applejack gladly gripped it and got ready.

“Go!” Cobalt yelled. The farmer put her strength into her arm. Ivy rolled her eyes and easily slammed it down on the table. “Ivy is the winner. Score is two hundred fifty wins, zero losses.” Applejack grabbed her wrist and cracked it.

“Not bad, lets see how ya do against another Apple.” Applejack waved her hand and the hulking farmer made his way over.

“Howdy there Crimson, Ms. Ivy.” He said with a nod. “What can ah do ya for sis?”

“Show this one what strength is really about.”

“AJ you know ah hate it when you volunteer me for these things.” He said with a sigh.

“You still owe me.” She said in a flat tone. Mac grunted and took her seat.

“You okay with this?” He asked as he looked at the flyer.

“No problem.” She said as she locked hands with him.

“Go!” The two locked in a stalemate. Ivy could feel the man pushing her back. Crimson and the other three mages looked in shock as she lost a little bit of ground. Mac almost got her halfway down before she surged back and pinned his arm. The group all gasped.

“Wow.” Crimson said. "Two hundred fifty one wins and zero loses." He put a reassuring hand on the farmer's shoulder. “Congratulations Mac, you’re the first one to push Ivy back that far.” Ivy cracked her wrist and smiled.

“Wow, you’re pretty good for a farmer.” She teased.

“Not so bad yourself, for a girl.” He and the flyer both chuckled. Rouge let out a yawn and rubbed her eyes.

“Sorry guys, but it’s late and we need to prepare for what ever Crow sends us.” Cobalt said. The three mages all shivered.

“Yeah, see ya.” Crimson said as he got up. Rarity face palmed and stood up.

“Oh I almost forgot!” she snapped her fingers and a familiar red coat appeared in her hands. The coat looked like new and had all the stains that the man had collected on it removed. Crimson gladly took the garment and tried it on.

“Fits like new. Thanks Rarity.” He said with a smile. “I drop off some bits tomorrow and-”

“Not necessary, it’s the least I could do for saving us from the Ursa.” She said with a smile. Crimson nodded and led the group out of the bakery. Mac yawned and walked over to some other stallions that were near the counter. The six girls looked at one another and sighed. Applejack annoyingly blew a lose lock of hair out of her face.

“Well, they certainly seem impressive.” Rarity said.

“I didn’t know that people with wings could get that strong.” Dash said. Twilight let out a sigh and smiled as she leaned back. “What’s got you in such a good mood Twi?”

“Just glad to see that they’re enjoying themselves.” She said with a smile.

“Crimson especially I’m sure.” Rarity said with a giggle. Twilight’s face turned red and she groaned.

“I told you, I don’t-”

“Hey Crimson what’s up?” Dash yelled.

“What? Where?” Twilight yelled as she looked around. She saw no trace of the red haired man. Twilight gulped as she looked back towards the flyer who had a massive grin strewn across her face.

“Gotcha.” Pinkie said with a giggle. Twilight sat down in defeat and hung her head.

“Fine....I like him.” She said with a gulp. “It’s just-”

“You’re worried about his,” The seamstress then looked around to see if anyone was listening. “passenger.” The scholar looked at the woman and frowned.

“No, I’m not worried about that.” The girls all cocked an eyebrow. “Okay, I’m a little worried, but that’s not my main concern.” She said with a sigh. “He get’s jobs from all over Equestria and he won’t be here forever.” She said as she hung her head.

“You heard that guy before, they gotta stay here until they face the trials.” Dash said. “Who knows when that’ll be?”

“So?”

“So that could be months away.”

“Or days.” Twilight said. Dash rubbed her temples and groaned.

“All the more reason for you to make a move!”

“I don’t know the first thing about dating!” Twilight said as she held her head. Rarity grinned and put a hand on her shoulder.

“Oh trust me dear I’ll help you.” Rarity said with a confident grin. “By the time I’m done with you, Crimson won’t be able to take his eyes off you.” Twilight gulped as the fashionista planned the ordeal in her head.