• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 542 Views, 72 Comments

Dawning of A New Era - Necroesphere



The birth of the Comment Warrior as they face their first fight.

  • ...
1
 72
 542

Advent 1: Breaking Stuff

Advent 1: Breaking Stuff
Written by: Necroesphere
No Editor

.....

Space
It is amazing.
And full of danger.

“Come now, Chaotic, it was all in fair fun.” Necroesphere explained, putting his hand on the table while waving the other about. “How was I to know that lighting that spell would really destroy Luna’s game system?”

“You said it yourself that it would fry and electronics!” Chaotic facehooved, leaning on the table. The duo were sitting in a coffee shop, in the downtown district of Canterlot. They were drawing some attention, not because of their conversation, but because of their ranks within the royal guard and the size of Necroesphere.

Many ponies weren’t used to seeing the 7 foot tall warrior around in town on his own. Or talking with anypony as if it were normal. “I thought your systems ran of magic. I remember distinctly that you stated that before as I took apart a system that one day.”

“But most of the parts still run off of electricity! You are lucky Luna decided to forgive you and not kick your flank out on the curb.” Chaotic shook his head, levitating his coffee up. “Do you have any idea how much you probably broke?’

“A good 500 bits worth of stuff,” Necroesphere speculated, popping a knife out from his wrist. Chaotic glanced up before returning his hoof to his forehead. “Where is the fun in life if you don’t end up breaking things?”

“Knowing you have money to fall back onto!” Chaotic flailed his legs a bit, making Necroesphere chuckle at the response. “You do realize that is coming out of your wallet, correct?”

“I can easily fix it... if Luna let’s me back into the castle,” Necroesphere sighed, balancing the knife on the end of his finger. “I could probably sneak in when she is attending to the court actually. I think that may work well.”

“And when you break more stuff?” Chaotic sighed, taking a swig from his cup. “What do you plan to do then?”

“I swear, I only seem to break stuff around you, man.” Necroesphere chuckled, the knife now twirling between his fingers. “And I’ve been around the block a lot longer than you have. I would think Luna knows how important having me around would be.”

“Like you were any help during the changeling invasion at the Royal Wedding.” Chaotic scoffed. “What was your excuse for not being there? Banshee’s in the Everfree? Banshee’s are just folklore, Necro, nothing more.”

“Tell that to the ones that still scream at night,” Necroesphere responded gruffly, just flicking the knife up and down now. “And where were you? Oh, right. Stuck in a 24 hour game of Skyrim with no definite end in sight for you. Seriously, those things will rot your brain if you aren’t careful.”

“Like you don’t take the opportunity to play when you can. Luna has shown me your secret lair where you keep all your electronics. I must say, it is a nice setup.” Chaotic chuckled, leaning back in his chair. “Not as impressive as mine however.”

“I don’t know about that, CN,” Necroesphere chuckled, flicking his left gauntlet. A small screen appeared, text rolling across the hologram. “At least I don’t drop my connection. And never lag once. You don’t seem to understand what I have rigged up inside my room. I have the best connection on the internet that nopony else will ever know.”

“Right, and this explains your 20 death streak in League of Legends earlier?” Chaotic joked. Necroesphere flicked his screen a bit, the text moving around a bit as he looked over it. “So, I guess I should ask? What were you trying to do when you broke the 360?”

“I’m surprised you didn’t figure it out.” Necroesphere joked, closing his screen. “Her Xbuck was making the most awful sounds and was heating up a lot faster in a shorter period of time. I was simply attempting to analyze and repair without opening the hull. I cast the wrong spell, a simple mix of a phrase, and poof. EMP.”

“Right, what did you switch around?”

“Arcane with Waste,” Necroesphere said casually.

“How the...”

“In my language, the difference between the two is a single syllable.” Necroesphere responded before he continued to be baffled. “So, that would explain how it ended up breaking.”

“And do you think Luna would see a difference to this?” Chaotic sighed, taking another sip of his coffee.

“Probably not. Unfortunately, I’ve done worse on Equestria. Has Celestia ever told you about the time I met Princess Molestia and confused the two?”

“Oh my word.” Chaotic Note laughed, slamming his hoof on the table. “What did happen?”

“Let’s just say that I was under a waterfall trying to get the smell off my armor for almost a month. Seriously, I’ve had an easier time cleaning my armor after slaying a dragon. But Molestia...” Necroesphere shuddered, getting up from his seat. “Well, night court will start in a couple of hours, and I need to plan a route back into the castle. And Luna is probably going to be looking for you soon, so best to get back.”

“You going to be on EE later tonight, after you fix the 360?” Chaotic asked, downing his coffee and getting up from the table as well.

“Probably, though if Luna catches me, I’m sure I’ll be dead. Figuratively of course.” Necroesphere responded, stretching a bit. “See you later.”

“Yeah, see you.” Chaotic waved as Necroesphere jumped up the side of the building, clinging to the third floor window sill and launching himself farther up. Many ponies down below gasped and were stunned to see him moving so fast vertically, though to the warrior, it was nothing more than walking.

“What a showoff,” Chaotic sighed, walking back towards the castle. The crowd that had silently been watching began to disperse, the scene ended between the two. Necroesphere seemed to disappear in broad daylight though Chaotic was easy to track.






…..




“Are you sure, Zerva?” Swarm hissed, planting his axe in a rock. The two stopped their run, the ground shaking to a stop as Swarm pulled his axe free. The mammoth armored being dripped from his mouth, acid dripping to the ground. “Necroesphere is here?”

“I can sense him, or at least the shadows tell me he is here,” Zerva cursed, readjusting his cape. “His power is low, probably because he is hiding from us. But, we shall see who is the best.”

“What is this planet, Zerva?”

“Something called Equestria, Swarm. Patience.” Zerva clicked, reaching out and touching a tree. “Something is coming.” A howl pierced the air, glowing red eyes tracking Swarm and Zerva’s movement.

“Wolves?” Swarm chuckled, leering at the red dots. “Bring it.”

A timberwolf growled again, this time from behind Zerva, who rolled and sent a volley of daggers flying in it’s direction. There was a thud and a whine as Zerva pulled, strings dragging his kill forward.

Swarm swung his axe around, splitting another who had jumped at his rear. Within seconds, the attacking pack was decimated and the ground littered with wood. “Those things offered no true fight,” Swarm cursed, acid dribbling from his face plate. “Let’s find something that will.”

“With Necroesphere around?” Zerva hummed, putting away a massive claymore. “Neigh, Swarm. We bide our time and wait for Galax to arrive. Then, this planet shall fall.”

“Yes, you are right.” Swarm hissed. The two laughed, not spotting four small fillies running away. The red capes disappeared behind a tree as Swarm glanced their way.

“Something wrong?”

“No, nothing. Thought I heard something,” Swarm shrugged, hefting his axe over his shoulder.

“Then come, we have much preparation.” Zerva cackled, stalking the opposite direction. Swarm cast one more glance before turning away and following.

In a nearby bush, Pen Brush glanced through the branches, making sure the two were gone.

“What was that?” Applebloom whispered, poking Pen.

“They kind of told us,” Pen responded, pulling back from the bush. “Zerva and Swarm. They said something about Necroesphere and Galax. Who are they?”

“They sound... scary,” Scootaloo gulped, farthest back. “Let’s not try to find them.”

“Wait, didn’t they say something about Necroesphere not being on their side?” Sweetie pointed out. “It sounded like it.”

“Then, we should probably find him.” Pen pointed out, casting a glance back at the wood pile. “Why were we out here again?”

“Uh... Somethin’ bout adventurers or another?” Applebloom muttered. “Didn’t expect them timberwolves to be out. Those two probably saved our lives.”

“Yeah, but they also said ‘this planet will fall’ also,” Pen whispered back. “Let’s get home to Ponyville and go see Twilight. She is bound to know who Necroesphere is.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Sweetie responded. The four took off into the trees, heading for home. To warn their friends of the imminent threat to all of Equestria.



…..



TL looked up from his monitor, glancing out the window of his ship, The Knight. CaB looked up at him, the small care bear robot seeming cudley for the moment. The stars shone brightly as the ship sat in satellite of Equestria.

“Something doesn’t seem right, does it?” TL asked his companion. Getting to his hooves, he strode to the main cabin and activated his consoles. He activated his recon probes, noting that there was a new object in the solar system. A small ship that was radiating heat like crazy. “What is that?”

“Friend?” CaB stated, buzzing slightly.

“I don’t know, CaB. I don’t know.” TL mused, glancing out his ship’s main viewport. “Get us connection to Celestia and Luna. The need to know that something may be on planet. Something alien.”

TL picked up his keyblade, sighing as he felt a coming battle.

Author's Note:

Hey all! Hope you enjoyed this random bit of insanity. For those of you in the Comment Warriors, you know who the villain will be, so shush! No spoilers! Please leave a like and comment, or if you hated it, give it a thumbs down but at least point out what I could improve. Does a pony no good to just go and say he don't like something without explaining himself. Or herself.