• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 738 Views, 16 Comments

The Trouble with Gryphons - Broniesrponies2



The Gryphon Kingdom is threatening war. Celestia sends Josh to diplomatically solve the problem.

  • ...
1
 16
 738

Doppleganger

"I'm going to look after you." the other me said, sitting down in front of the low table and crossing his legs. I was already sitting across from him, my own legs crossed as well. Kriea and Gilda sat to my left, Midnight and Night Raven to my right.

"No, we have other things to do here," I said, declining the offer. I looked at Gilda. She unrolled a scroll across the table. At Kriea's behest, she had agreed to perform a single service for our small group. As such, she had retrieved plans for the Gryphon Kingdom High Command building in the centre of the capital city. Gilda placed weights on the corners to keep the scroll flat and we perused the blueprints. Midnight looked at me enquiringly.

"Our next task is to disable the commander of the Gryphon military. Following that, we will need to remove as many links from the chain of command as we can until there is no one left that knows how to take control of their army. Celestia is mobilizing her own military back in Equestria and will muster it on the border upon the completion of this mission. Our best hope is that the Gryphon King will simply allow hostilities to end and we can resolve this without a major war. We will need enough of a force to infiltrate the High Command structure, but a small enough one to remain undetected for as long as possible. We can have as many people on standby as we need. I think that it would be best to have them on the nearby rooftops ready to infiltrate on a set signal.

"The objective of the primary infiltration team will be to eliminate the guards and capture as many members of the enemy High Command as possible. If we can't take them alive, we take their lives. Our only chance of stopping this war is to cut off as much of the Gryphon military infrastructure as possible. We need secondary teams to hit barracks and secondary bases to eliminate unit and regimental commanders. Okay, Any questions?"

"Yes, I have a question," started Gilda. "Why do you think that we would do all of this for you?"

"Actually, I don't think that you will. Midnight, do you know how many teams are currently operating in the ESOG?"

"That's classified. I won't disclose that information in front of neutral parties who could profit by giving information to the enemy." stated Midnight.

"How many?" I asked. Midnight squirmed where he was sitting. then answered.
"30 four operator teams are currently employed. 10 are active, on assignment and unavailable for our use. a further 5 are on leave. That leaves us 15."

"Okay. Thank you. Gilda, we need one of your gryphons to guide each team to its target location. I will stay here with you. Kriea goes with the primary team, along with him." I pointed to the other version of me.

"Well fine by me. I could use the exercise. You don't have to be so hostile though. The thing that you hate isn't exactly dominant in here."

"I know. The problem is that its there. That actually works to our advantage in this situation."

"Because we can release him."

"And use him to eliminate the guards."

The others looked back and forth between us.

"It is more than a little bit creepy the way that you guys do that." said Kriea.

"We are the same person." I said. The other one nodded.

"And the other thing is, what are you both talking about?" asked Gilda.

A snide voice responded from the other me's mouth.

"Me. I'm the dark side of his personality. This stupid bastard is too kind to get rid of me. SO I have to put up with his fucking pacifist mannerisms."

The other me's voice changed back to normal.

"He hates me. He hates everything and wants to kill. We have come to an accord that he gets to be let out when we need to do something that he enjoys, but I don't. He is basically every emotion that I wish that I didn't have."

"And he has no inhibitions." I finished.

"So, do you have-" started Kriea, looking at me with a mixture of sadness and pity.

"No. I don't. I just have to deal with the feelings whenever they rise up. There is a reason that I prefer not to fight." I replied.

"Enough about this." said Gilda. "When do we start?"

"Midnight, have you contacted the Princesses?" the other me asked.

"They are always keeping an eye on me." I said, "Midnight, have they contacted you?"

"Yes. The remaining ESOG teams are equipping themselves for the mission right now. They will be sent here in half an hour."

"Then we need to get ready. I think that we will need to be set to move the moment that they teleport in. Gilda, please give your gryphons their assignments. Midnight, you will give the ESOG teams their individual briefings. They will be here in 30, lets have the teams out of here in 40."