• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 1,832 Views, 11 Comments

Soul Gems: Spike's Adventure - Skylander545



Spike has been known as Twilight's assistant for sometime. But in this prequel, he becomes more than an assistant. Follow Spike on his journey to find the Skylander Soul Gems.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,832

Encounter

For many years before the Skylanders arrival, the Crystal Empire and the Crystal Ponies were always protected by the Skylanders that arrived before. These Skylanders were originally to power the Portal of Power for Starswirl the Bearded, but they never arrived in Equestria. They landed in the Crystal Empire, frozen in statues, freed by the Crystal Ponies. They were amazed by the Skylanders, they started to admire them, even the massive Giants. They made the Giants, the defenders of their Crystal Heart, an artifact created to defend the Empire from darkness.

Until one day, the Skylanders were watching the gates when they saw a pair of green and red eyes appear over the Empire. The Skylanders instantly froze into Crystal Statues, the Giants included, only one Skylander managed to escape.

A Hawk-like creature named Jet-Vac saw what inflicted his fellow Skylanders, so one thing came into his mind, "I've got to find help."

Jet-Vac instantily dawned a cloak with a hood, made a vow when he placed his hand in the center of his frozen friends,

"Any other Skylander who travels into the Crystal Empire will break through this dark magic and awaken the Giants." The Wind Baron started his journey through the treacherous Everfree Forest. He doesn't know what lies on the other side, but he knows that its dangerous. He went into the forest and kept his eyes on his surroundings, he was soon attacked by Timberwolves. He used his Vacum Gun to either suck or blow them away, he fought those timberwolves like there was no tomorrow.


After he finished off the Timberwolves, he came across an old castle,

"What is a castle doing in the middle of the Everfree?"

Seeing his curiousity, he jumped a gap in the entrance bridge and went inside. He called out to know if anyone was home until he realized that it was abandoned. He discovered five pedestals holding five orbs, Jet-Vac walked up to one of the pedestals and took the orb off. He examined it at first until it started to glow and was consumed by a flash of light, and heard a mysterious voice,

"Greetings, Skylander. You are in possession of the Element of Loyalty, one of the six Elements of Harmony."

Jet-Vac asked, "How do you know my name?"

The voice spoke, "I felt you touch the Element and now I sense some loyaty within you, but also suffering. You left the Crystal Empire while the evil King Sombra enslaves the Crystal Ponies, freezing your friends in the process. Do you think you failed to protect the Empire?"

Jet-Vac replied, "I don't know, I'm running in circles. I wanted to stay, but if I'd stay I would be frozen, too. But I needed to get help for the Empire."

The voice spoke, "I see. I am going to make you the Guardian of the Elements of Harmony until the bearers arrive at this castle in Equestria's time of need. You...Jet-Vac will be known as Lightcore Jet-Vac. As Guardian, you must remain in this castle until the bearers of the Elements arrive."

Jet-Vac's cloak fell off when he started to glow, "If it will help my friends, I will accept. Hawk and Awe!!!"

He set down the Element of Loyalty and decided to make himself at home.


One day, Jet-Vac woke up and checked his watch, then back at the window,

"Its noon, and the moon is still out. Something is really, crazy wrong."

He saw a mysterious Black Alicorn appear with a blue Armor pieces. He hid when she started to wander around,

"I know your back there, Guardian. I can smell you."

Jet-Vac decided that its time to stand up against Darkness. He stepped out from his hiding place, just as a Lavender Unicorn entered the castle behind him,

"Have it your way...lass!" He raised his Vacuum Gun and sucked the energy the Dark Alicorn fired at him, and switched it to blow and blew it back at her. The Unicorn behind him said,

"Who is this guy?"

Jet-Vac started to glow and sense the bearers of the Elements of Harmony near him, he turned to the Unicorn and said,

"The Elements are in the chamber to the right of me." But the Alicorn struck him in the back. He passed out lying on the floor stomach first. He felt himself being jolted by a pair of hooves, and heard multiple voices.

"Come on, wake up!"

"Please wake up, darling.

"I...I..don't think he's alive."

"That good fer nuthin' Nightmare Moon!"

"Why is he glowing?"


Jet-Vac regained consciousness after a Rainbow Shockwave, and standing over him was a White Alicorn, more nicer than the Dark Alicorn. She had a white coat and multi-colored mane, she stands out as much larger than the two Pegasi, Unicorns and Earth ponies, that were with her. He looked to the alicorn's side and saw a smaller Alicorn, Dark-Blue with a light-blue mane. He spoke,

"Well, looks like being a guardian of the Elements of Harmony has some weird advantages."

An Orange Earth Pony nudged a White Unicorn with a Purple Mane, "Landsakes, Rarity, he's all right."

The Unicorn, Rarity spoke, "I nearly cried because of his unconscious state."

Jet-Vac spoke, "Well, at least I survived that craziness, and after the darkest nights, morning always comes." He spotted a Lavander Unicorn and a Purple Dragon hatchling and heard Master Eon's voice,

"There are two hidden Skylanders in Equestria. Their names are Twilight Sparkle and Spike the Dragon."

Jet-Vac got up and spoke, grabbing his cloak, "I should thank you for becoming the new bearers of the Elements of Harmony. My work here...is done."

Rainbow Dash spoke, "Are you coming back to town with us?"

Jet-Vac replied, "Its a tempting offer, but I have to search for a part of myself."

The White Alicorn spoke, "You will forever be part of the kingdom, Guardian."

Jet-Vac replied, putting on his hood, "I will return...someday." Jet-Vac powered his suit and flew away from the Castle.

They all saw the creature leave, Rainbow Dash asked,

"How could he fly when he doesn't have any wings?"

Princess Celestia responded, "I do not know, Rainbow Dash. But, his appearance might raise questions, if anypony would investigate."

Twilight asked, "When he saw Me and Spike, his eyes widened like he was remembering something. Why is that?

Pinkie Pie pointed out, "Look, he left something behind!"

The note that they were reading had a strange symbol to it, which was a gust of wind, there was writing on it, too.

"I am the Guardian of the Elements of Harmony. To the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, You are all gifted with your ability, Applejack represents Honesty by being truthful, Fluttershy represents Kindness for helping an injured animal, Pinkie Pie represents Laughter by laughing in the face of danger, Rarity represents Generosity by sacrificing her own tail to help another, Rainbow Dash represents Loyalty for being loyal to her friends, and Twilight Sparkle represents the element that Ninjini and Pop Fizz represent....Magic.

My name is Jet-Vac and I'm a Skylander.

P.S. You should look after the Dragon Hatchling thats with you, he deserves more love. He might also save the day in the future."
They were all shocked, and were in full silence until Twilight broke it,

"How did he know we were coming?"

Rarity spoke, "Who's Ninjini?"

Applejack replied, "Who in the Hay is Pop Fizz?"

Rainbow Dash asked, "How did he know which element we represent?"

Pinkie Pie asked, "Why is his name 'Jet-Vac?"

Fluttershy responded, "Why did he mention Spike saving the day in the future?"

Princess Celestia said, "A lot of questions have emerged from this note. But most important question is, 'What is a Skylander?"

Princess Luna replied, "We don't know what a Skylander is, but the better question is, 'How many are there' and Do they live among us?"

Author's Note:

The first time they ever met a Skylander. Jet-Vac mentioned Spike saving the day in the future and they will soon find out why.