• Published 23rd Aug 2013
  • 248 Views, 0 Comments

The tales of Phoenix, Ditzy and Tztok - ditzywhooves



Short stories depicting the lives of 3 ponies, how they all met.

  • ...
 0
 248

Phoenix Bass: Part 2

"You sure you don't want to come"

"I'm sure mum. You and Phoenix go, its for the best. I'll move in with Vinyl, she said she's got a room for me there.. I'll come and visit when you're settled in" said Octavia smiling.

"Okay, well, we'll miss you, I'll give you a call when we get there!"

"I'll speak to you later" laughed Octavia. "Oh, and mum.. Try and get Phoenix talking again. It's been a week now and he hasn't said a word"

"I'll try my best"

With that, Phoenix and his mum hugged and said goodbye to Octavia and got on the train to Ponyville.

"You'll like Ponyville Phoenix, more ponies your age there, and more places to hang around. And maybe you'll get your cutie mark here, its where Octavia found hers!"

"..."

"Okay Phoenix, but you'll have to talk eventually" sighed his mum.

They both sat in silence on the train, Phoenix just staring out the window, his mum sat reading a magazine, occasionally reading something out, hoping for a response but having no luck.

As they pulled into Ponyville Station, they both got up and grabbed their bags ready to leave the train. As they were about to get off, a green pony with a green and yellow mane in front of them tripped and fell flat on his face. Phoenix laughed, and the green pony turned around and gave him a dirty look and quickly walked off.

Maybe this place won't be too bad, thought Phoenix.

"We'll be living in our old house" said his mum. "Its just in the town, so not that long a walk"

Phoenix nodded, and they walked to the house. His mum told showed him his room, and then left him alone. Looking around his room, it wasn't a bad size. Not as big as his old bedroom, but big enough. He unpacked his bag, and set up his bed and had a lie down.

"Phoenix, foods ready" called him Mum from downstairs.

He got off his bed and trotted down stairs, and sat at the table. As he finished, he put his plate in the sink and went to walk off. His mum called him back and told him to sit down.

"Phoenix, I know your upset, so am I and so is Octavia, but not talking isn't going to help. You need to speak to someone. I don't mind who, but someone. It's not good to keep keep it to yourself. You can't go around not talking. Just, please, say something"

"Okay..."

"Thank you, I won't make you talk about feelings, or what happened, but as long as you can talk, I'm happy. Oh, and it was nice to hear you laugh earlier"

"Can I go now.."

"Yeah, I'll give you a shout when the dishes are washed"

"Thanks Mum"

Phoenix headed back up to his room. He lay on his bed and just stared at the ceiling. Feeling overwhelmed, he started to cry. He couldn't take it anymore, he did need to speak to someone, but not his mum. Well, I better try to make some friends he sighed.

After he dried the dishes, he tidied himself up, and told his mum he was going for a walk. He decided to go to the local park and see if anything was there of interest. As he got there, he saw the green pony from earlier and decided to try and talk to him, but as he approached, the green pony walked off. Phoenix stood there shocked. Disappointed, he decided to find somewhere quiet, and just sit alone for a while. He sat under a tree, and watched the ponies playing for a while. Bored, he decided to head home. As he approached the house, he noticed a small cafe, and popped in to get a drink. There, behind the counter, was the green pony again.

"Hi, could I get a tea please" said Phoenix.

"Yeah, anything else"

"Umm, no thank you"

"Ok, that's 10 bits please"

"Oh, I haven't got enough.. I'm sorry."

"Ah, it's okay, have it on the house. You're new here aren't you?"

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"I've been here for a year now, I can tell a new face when I see one. The name's Ditzy Whooves"

Phoenix recognised the name from somewhere.

"Hi, my name is Phoenix Bass. Umm, have we met before?"

"I don't believe so, where have you moved from?"

"Canterlot"

"Oh, I've only been there a couple of times, my uncle and his fiancee have friends there, I was there a couple of weeks ago with them as they were going to the one's concert. If you hang around for an hour, my shift will be finished and we can talk more"

"Umm, yeah, that's fine"

"Okay, and anything you want is on the house just for today"

"Thanks!" Phoenix said smiling.

End of Part 2.