• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 3,020 Views, 73 Comments

No Safe Haven - Rexzilla



Things go sideways in Equestria when kaiju start showing up all around. Equestria and its lower technology has next to no defense against them.

  • ...
7
 73
 3,020

Long Odds

The sight they were met with sent a surge of adrenaline through their bodies.

"Wh-whats that"? Fluttershy asked from behind part of her mane that drooped down covering most of her face.

"It's them"! Anderson though to himself.

But Belle was not alone. Kyle and Jason had carried the kaiju through the portal, dragging it by its half broken neck as it scrambled desperately to escape the death hold that the jaeger had on it. The two brothers, like always, were blasting music from the loudspeakers mounted on the shoulders of the beast.

"Excellent fucking job boys"! Jay shouted knowing the other two pilots could not hear him.

"Alright, let's finish this bitch off" Jason took the right hand that was holding the kaiju, and slammed its face into the forest as it roared out in pain and anger.

The four on top of Vertigo Delta were witnessing the whole thing. Western Belle then gave a final blow to the kaijus jaw by kicking it as hard as it could.

"That's how it's done, ladies" Said Jay as he climbed back down into the conpod to get the jaeger started up again.

"Hey! Kyle! Look, it's Vertigo"!

"It's about time".

Jason and Kyle guided the jaeger over to the others so they could communicate directly. The jaeger stopped parallel to the other jaeger facing the opposite direction. The pilot's of Western Belle disengaged and walked out the back of the conpo onto the left shoulder.

Kyle was the first to notice the two ponies as he stopped dead in his tracks.

"Anderson, what the hell are those"?

"Excuse me"? Twilight replied with frustration.

"Well we aren't exactly on earth anymore" Anderson broke the news straight up, due to the lack of knowing how to explain it to the other pilots.

"Okay, so what is that supposed to mean? And did she just talk"? Jason was shocked that an animal was speaking to him. But yet he came from a world where aliens were sending monsters through a portal into the ocean so they could colonize earth. "Damn, where the hell are we"?

"You're in Equestria. The Everfree forest outside Ponyville to be exact" By this point, Twilight was doing all the talking because Fluttershy was far too scared to do so herself.

"The Everfree forest? Ponyville? Marshal must have drugged us before we went".

"If you don't mind, could I take you to Canterlot to meet the Princess"? Twilight enthusiastically

"You have a Princess"?

"Yes, in fact we have two princesses. One is the princess of the night and the other is princess of the day".

"So they have shifts they have to work? I wish our leaders back home done that". Jason was still the only one talking to the ponies.

"Here. I probably need to inform them about this. Can we take you to them"?

"No, we'll take the jaegers. Thanks though" Jay quickly shot down Twilights idea in fear of being separated from Vertigo Delta.

"Are you sure? I don't know how the ponies will react to these things".

"Well they can just get over it. No offense ma'am, but we prefer to stay with our machines".

"Very well".

Kyle came up with an idea that if the purple pony was that interested in the jaegers, then why not let her ride in the conpod with the pilots?

"I didn't get your name" Kyle jumped on the opportunity.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle, but you can call me Twilight. This is my friend Fluttershy". Fluttershy let out a high pitched noise that no one understood.

"Twilight, how would you like to ride with us? She can go with us too".

"You expect us to immediately want to ride in that, thing with you"?

"Well, or you could just muscle it back".

"I think we can make it back on our own. But do you think there are any more of those things here"?

"I don't know. I'm as new to this world and that portal as you are to this type of war". Kyle responded in a calm voice.

"Well can we stick close to you in case more of them appear"? Twilight was obviously concerned at this point and turned around to speak with Fluttershy away from the humans who were now getting anxious about the whole situation.

"Well, I have no clue why you're asking us about that. So go ahead".

Jason and Kyle stepped back into the controls and started up the jaeger. Twilight and Fluttershy flew up and ahead of the jaegers so they could keep their distance.

"Initiating launch operations, Western Belle. Two pilots engaged in neural bridge. Ready to activate the jaeger in 3.. 2.. 1. Have a nice trip".

Twilight was awestruck by the technology the monster possesed. The giant, iron, monster whirred to life as the pilots began stepping in perfect sync with each other. They looked over and seen Vertigo Delta turning around to follow them.

"So are we heading the right way"? Jason asked through the loudspeakers on the jaeger..

"Yes, keep going this way until you see a castle on the side of a mountain. That's where Canterlot is".

Western Belle and Vertigo Delta shook the ground with every step, traversing the heads back and forth in a scanning motion. Very soon after they started the trip to Canterlot, the mountainside castle became very clear. White, with gold and a waterfall dropping down from it. Down below at the base of the mountain, was a medium sized town.

But what they saw, was not just the town. But yet a third kaiju on the other side of it clawing at a hole in the side of a hill.

"Vertigo! We have eyes on a third kaiju! We're moving in to take it down"! Jason was yelling over the intercom.

The kaiju highly resembled Knifehead. But this one had more of a blunt weapon on it. It swung around noticing the jaeger. It immediately charged towards Belle. Belle lowered it's center of gravity preparing for the impact. The club-headed kaiju was caught by the jaegers hands that grabbed the kaijus arms right at the point where they meet the shoulder, holding it back as it bit and swung it's head side to side in desperate attempts to kill the jaeger.

Western Belle lifted it's knee up and struck the kaiju in the lower jaw, a second knee strike hit the monsters throat which stunned it long enough for the pilots to throw the kaiju into the side of the mountain and hitting it with a left hook then a right uppercut in a rapid succession. It then went on to grab the kaijus neck in a choke hold, strangling it. The beast thrashed and whipped in every which direction but to no avail. It was running out of oxygen, dying slowly and painfully. The same death that it wanted to inflict on these beings.

Author's Note:

I found myself listening to Avenged Sevenfold quite a bit while writing this chapter...... I may put one of their songs in here too somewhere.....