• Published 8th Aug 2013
  • 1,302 Views, 18 Comments

Dead Island: Equestria - MusicAndStuffProductions



Logan, Purna, Sam B, and Xian are done with their quests in the city of Moresby and find themselves straying into a jungle. and not just any jungle, the Everfree forest.

  • ...
3
 18
 1,302

Ponyville

Ah, Ponyville. A peaceful little town.

Or not. Sam B thought as he scanned for Rainbow Dash or Ponyville. Since he was the only apparent brony in the group, he was the only one that knew the way around the Everfree Forest.

As he came up to what he knew was Fluttershy's cottage, he saw that it was unusually empty.

As he told the others to stay on the path to get to Ponyville, he went inside the cottage to look for something. Anything.

As he entered, it was usually quiet. No crickets chirping, no birds flying, nothing. Then he heard a rattling cage and he looked around.

The cottage was unusually clean, even though it looked abandoned from the outside. Sam kept panning in a 360 degree sort of way until he found the source of the noise.

It was a rabbit locked in a cage.

An infected rabbit.

The rabbit was trying desperately to escape its cage and taste the sweet meat of living flesh, and only the bars of the cage were holding it back.

A note was on the inside of its cage. Almost untouched. Sam noted.

It only had three heartbreaking words on it.

I'M SORRY, ANGEL

"Fuck..." Sam said to himself quietly as he looked at the bunny, presumably Angel.

Sam looked around again and he saw a pile of ashes on the floor.

Is that... Sam thought.

A great fiery bird rose from those ashes, shedding enough light to illuminate the whole room.

Sam was blinded by the light, but his eyes quickly adjusted and shifted to Angel, again.


After a while of staring at the undead Angel, Sam wished that none of his favorite characters were hurt or killed during the apocalypse.

Sam slowly pulled out his Beretta as he walked toward Angel's cage.

Sam turned the safety off and positioned the barrel on Angel's forehead.

"I'm sorry, Angel."
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Not too far ahead was Logan, Xian, Purna, and Jin.

CRACK

They heard the sound of a single pistol shot.

Purna and Jin readied their guns as Logan and Xian brandished their own weapons.

"DON'T SHOOT!" they heard a familiar voice call.

It was Sam B with his pistol in his hand.


"What the hell happened back there?" Logan asked.

"You wouldn't understand..." Sam said.

They then noticed that Sam was carrying something wrapped up in a cloth and decided not to ask what it was until they arrived.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

As they arrived at Ponyville, they were greeted by the sounds of armor clanking and clinking as guards on a makeshift defense wall readied their weapons.

"STOP AND IDENTIFY YOURSELF!" one shouted.

Rainbow Dash flew over the guards and went to rest with the group.

"Relax, fellas. They're with me."

"Yes ma'am. Sorry, ma'am." More clinking was heard as they relaxed.

The gates of the walls opened and Rainbow Dash led them inside.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ponyville could have been in better condition. But it also could've been worse.

"Hey, Rainbow," Sam called. "Is Fluttershy here?"

"Yeah." Rainbow pointed a hoof to a giant gingerbread-looking house.

"Sugarcube Corner, huh?" Sam said in bewilderment.

"Mhm." Rainbow flew off to Celestia knows where.

Sam left the group, who were meeting all the other ponies and talking to them to go talk to Fluttershy and possibly Pinkie, if she was there, too.

As Sam opened the door, luckily, no one else was inside but Fluttershy.

Fluttershy was sitting in a couch, probably the one she brought from her cottage.

She squeaked in fear at Sam's entry and hid behind the couch.

Sam knew how she was and said, "Fluttershy?"

Still under the couch, she almost whispered, "H-How do you know my name...?"

Sam B walked over to the plush looking couch and crouched down to Fluttershy's hiding spot.

"It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you." He put on the most gentle tone that he could. I'd imagine it sounded ridiculous, considering the type of guy that Sam is.

"I'm Sam B." He said to the cowering pegasus.

"Oh, hello, Mr. Sam," Fluttershy said as she came out from underneath the couch to shyly sit on the couch next to him.

"I passed by your cottage a few minutes ago."

"Oh...Are there any animals left?"

"Only two... if you count Angel, too."

Fluttershy teared up at the sound of her pet's name.

"How is my little bunny?" she asked.

"I'm sorry Fluttershy..." Sam himself teared up as he pulled out the cloth package that he was carrying.

At this, Fluttershy was almost afraid to think of what the package contained. Yet, she was drawn to satisfy her curiosity.

Inside, was Angel. His days of being infected took its toll as Sam noticed at the cottage. Fur and bits of flesh had fallen off and led to a few bald spots. Part of Angel's ribs were showing as that spot was skin bare. A rabid look was frozen onto Angel's face and there was also a hole in his head.

It was too much for Fluttershy to handle. Sam could see her pupils shrink right before she burst into tears. She had not cried like this in a while, since she left her cottage with all her animals. And only to receive that Angel, the pet that she loved most, was dead, was the breaking point for her.

"I'm so sorry, Fluttershy." Sam said as tears of his own started flowing. "I had to... Angel was infected."

Fluttershy sniffed and nodded. She at least understood it needed to be done.

Sam left the yellow mare to weep over her dead pet as he left to meet up again with the others.