• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 1,945 Views, 25 Comments

A Dream Amongst a Nightmare - Gnome

  • ...
10
 25
 1,945

First Encounters

"Lirex, Lirex!" Luna called for her son amongst her moon fortress.

A white Pegasus with a blonde mane, with black tips on his mane, and a headphone cutie mark, walked behind her.

"Yes Mother?" He responded.

"Ah, my son. Come, sit." Luna sat down on a bench that overlooked her moon fortress and some of the Earth she once ruled.

Lirex sat down next to his mother.

"What is it?" Lirex asked a bit concerned.

His mother answered slightly disturbed, "Son... It is time for you to know something."

"What is it, is something wrong?" Lirex asked, slightly leaning on his mother.

"I used to be ruler over that place way over there..." She pointed a hoof to the far away planet.

"Really..? What happened?"

"I was... Let's... Say. Taken off track. However, we are having this conversation be aside I believe in you to do something for me."

"Anything." Lirex hugged Luna.

"You must let me send you away... If you don't do soon you will see me in a form I do not want you to see... It's a curse I hope you haven't inherited."

A tear rolled down Luna's face, she wiped the tear away with a hoof.

"I cannot have you be up in this dark waste of space any longer... It will ruin you son."

Lirex cried slightly, knowing what was coming next.

He had no father, and soon, no mother.

He knew that it was for his best interest... Therefore he would do his best.

Lirex slowly got up. "When will we begin… Mother?"

Luna started to see he son cry, she suddenly got up and wrapped her wings around him.

"Lirex... You and I will be forever connected. Just hold on son..."

Luna's horn started to glow slowly. "We will see each other soon, my son. And we will join your father, soon enough..."

A dark blue aura glowed around Lirex.

"I love you mom." Lirex cried as the dark aura grew brighter.

"I love you too, Lirex." Luna leaned down as she put her head next to her son's.

Lirex slowly started to become translucent; Luna backed up and sobbed a bit.

The white Pegasus slowly dissipated.

______________________





Rainbow Dash was doing some of her tricks, practicing for the Wonderbolts.

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are cheering her on. Rainbow Dash smiled broadly, smiling at her own gloating.

She heard a loud thunder crack, which threw her off balance; she fell through a couple clouds, before getting her balance back. She flew back down to her friends.

"Did you guys hear that?" Rainbow Dash asked Pinkie.

She didn't ask Fluttershy, she clearly heard it, because she was crouched down with both of her hooves over her face.

Pinkie smiled, "Yeah it was exciting!"

"It was bucking frightening for me." Rainbow Dash laughed, looking up in the sky.

"What the…?"

Rainbow Dash, Pinkie, and Fluttershy all saw a big black cloud show up, they saw lightening and heard thunder crack several times.

“Um… That's not normal..." Fluttershy stated, timidly.

"Ya think." Rainbow Dash said still staring at the cloud.

Suddenly Rainbow Dash saw a bright light with gold streams heading straight for them.

"DUCK!" Rainbow Dash yelled, pushing all of them out of the way.

"Where?" Pinkie Pie excitingly asked.

The bright light crashed directly into the dirt road in front of Rainbow Dash and her friends.

As the mix of dust and smoke cleared, Rainbow Dash saw a pony laying down, passed out, on the ground.

Rainbow Dash, Pinkie, and Fluttershy all saw the same pony at the same time.

They said simultaneously, "Oh my Celestia!"

They all ran to the downed pony, upon closer inspection they saw it was a Pegasi.

It groaned slightly.

"Are you alright?" Rainbow Dash asked, worried.

Fluttershy went into the crater that this Pegasus created and stood next to him. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie followed.

Rainbow Dash leaned over the white Pegasus, noticing he had a blond mane with black tips and a headphone cutie mark.

"That was quite a crash landing, there buddy." Rainbow Dash put on her best smile, she actually started to start to think that this pony was a little cute.

"Uhhh..." It groaned. It tried to open one eye, but then closed.

"I think he's a stallion..." Fluttershy thought.

Rainbow Dash shrugged and blushed, "I-I ain't checkin' …so be my guest."

She stuck her tongue out.

Fluttershy slowly tried to help him up, "A little h-help here."

Pinkie and Rainbow Dash both helped Fluttershy get this new found stallion off the ground and out of the crater.

All of the sudden, the pegasus’s wings widened and his eyes shot open as he flew off the hooves out of the three volunteers, getting into a defense stance a couple inches away.

"Who are you and where the buck am I?!" He asked frightened.

Rainbow Dash raised an eyebrow. "Well I'm Rainbow Dash, this is Pinkie.-"

"Hi!" Pinkie responded excitedly.

- And this is Fluttershy."

Fluttershy blushed slightly, "H-hello."

"And you're in Ponyville." Rainbow Dash smiled bit the frown was turned down when the Pegasi quickly responded.

"Wha-What happened to the Moon!?" He asked.

Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy were all confused at this Pegasus.

"The Moon?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Don't screw with me. Wait... You’re Rainbow Dash."

The white Pegasi recognized her.

"How in Equestria do you know me?"

"Mother talked about you three and a couple others..."

He said, letting his guard down.

"Whaaaaa?" Pinkie raised an eyebrow.

"Hold up. The moon… ‘Mother’… us six."

Rainbow Dash recollected.

She suddenly tackled him to the ground.

He tried to fight back but couldn't.

Rainbow Dash started to yell at him, "Your one of Luna's spies! Aren't you?"

He smiled, suddenly overpowering Rainbow Dash and jumped up, flapping his wings staying in the air.

Fluttershy and Pinkie looked at each other still confused.

"She and any of her collaborators aren't allowed back in Equestria!" Rainbow Dash flew up to the pegasus's height.

"We'll I am Lirex Stargaze, son of Nightmare Moon." Lirex blasted off suddenly, leaving a trail of white and gold streams behind.

Rainbow Dash blasted after him, leaving a rainbow behind her.

"Get back here!" Rainbow Dash shouted at Lirex.

He ignored her as he avoided several clouds in his path.

Rainbow Dash was amazed at how fast this Pegasus could fly, and she thought she could fly fast.

Nopony ever out-flew her. But there's one for everything.

Suddenly, the white Pegasus was struck by a dark lightning bolt, jetting from a nearby cloud.

Lirex landed right in front of Fluttershy, and Pinkie.

Rainbow Dash flew back down beside him, and sighed.

"Celestia has some explaining to do."