• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 1,945 Views, 25 Comments

A Dream Amongst a Nightmare - Gnome

  • ...
10
 25
 1,945

Lonliness and Laughter

Twilight walked around town looking at all the ponies doing their daily routine, Rosebud putting out fresh roses from her cart, Applejack setting up her apple stand along with her sister, Applebloom.

She smiled and walked into Sugarcube Corner as Pinkie happily jumped to the counter and smiled brightly.

"Hey Twili!" She giggled and looked at her friend.

"Hey there Pinkie"

"What can I get ya!?"

Twilight thought for a moment and chuckled lightly, "Well…How about some fresh vanilla cupcakes."

"Commin' right up!" Pinkie said, running into the kitchen and started to put ingredients making the batter, "Hey Twi, what do you think about that new pony in town?"

Twilight scratched her head with a hoof and shrugged, "I'm not sure, I just hope when I take him to Celestia that she doesn't think that we are trying to help Nightmare Moon."

Pinkie giggled, "We've defeated Nightmare Moon a long time ago, don't you remember?"

Twilight nodded and then giggled, "Well, yes I do but still-"

"You like him don't you Twili?" Pinkie stared at her friend with an accusing gaze.

Twilight took a second, slightly confused and offended by the question, "What! No."

"Oh, c'mon. You do, I mean it's nothing to be embarrassed about Twi. I mean he's the son of Princess Luna.

Let's just hope that he isn't like Blueblood, because then Rarity would have a real bad time getting along with him."

Twilight shook her head and smiled. "Yeah, That was pretty funny. Alright, well I gotta go, I will be back for the treats tomorrow morning."

Pinkie nodded as she poured the batter into a pan. "Okie Dokie Lokie."

Twilight walked out of the shop and looked around the town, she was just glad only her close friends knew about Lirex. Or else there would most likely be an angry riot at her door.

She trotted past the Carousel Boutique as she heard a giant, loud crash.

Twilight gasped and burst into the boutique, "Rarity! Are you alright?"

It was dark and slightly dusty, and she knew that Rarity didn't keep things dusty or dark.

She slowly ascended the stairs, hearing light sobbing, "Rares?"

"G-Go... Away I'm not in the mood for visitors..." A shaking voice said from Rarity's door.

Twilight went to the door and knocked, "Are you alright?"

She turned the knob and gasped again seeing the condition of her friend's room.

Looking around the room the unicorn saw her white furred friend face down on a pillow, crying.

She slowly trotted over and patted Rarity's back, "What happened here?"

Rarity sighed and lifted her head from the pillow, dried tears tracing her face. "I-I don't want to talk about it Twi..."

Twilight helped her friend sit on the edge of the bed and then sat by her, with a concerned look. "Please tell me Rare."

Rarity sniffled and nodded, "Okay... Well. While I was out today, I just had seen other ponies with somepony special... And I realized I didn't have a special somepony... Nopony to tell me he loves me."

"Your sister loves you-"

Rarity quickly shot back, "But that's not enough!"

She got up and walked over to her window.

Twilight walked to her side, "Rarity?"

"What!" She cried.

"Is there anything I could do to help?"

Rarity shook her head and walked around her room, glass, wood, and wallpaper cracking at her hooves.

"It's so unfair. I mean, AJ has Carmel, Fluttershy has Big Mac, and RD has Soarin... But who do I have...?"

She looked down and sighed, "I guess I was just meant to be alone."

Twilight ran to her and picked her chin up, "No. You will find somepony, you should. Just because everypony has their special somepony doesn't mean you should quit dating others."

"Yeah but-"

"But nothing. A stallion would be honored to have you in their arms." Twilight smiled reassuringly.

"Oh Twi," Rarity shook her head.

"You will find somepony, I just know it."

Twilight and her friend shared a warm, embracing hug for a couple minutes. Then she helped her to clean up her room, together.

As Twilight began to leave Rarity gave Twilight something,

"Give this to Lirex." She smiled warmly as she put a medium sized gem in Twilight's hoof.

Twilight nodded and trotted home.

__________________

She arrived at the door, hearing laughing, upon opening she saw Spike spew milk from his mouth as Lirex and him rolled on the floor laughing.

"What's going on?" She asked confused.

Spike caught his breath and stumbled over to her, as Lirex's laugh dimmed down to a light chuckle.

"Well. I challenged Lirex to a laughing match to see you can hold milk in their mouth the longest while the other tells funny things."

Lirex nodded and got up, "Yeah, wanna join Twi?"

She blushed quickly and shook her head, "Oh... I'm not sure."

"C'mon Twi." Spike pulled her over and poured her a glass of milk.

"Okay... But you’re gonna pay for the milk." She timidly held the glass and drank some as she nodded, ready.

"Okay Lirex, let's do this." Spike chuckled as he grabbed both of his cheeks as they make a smacking sound, he moved them away from each other then back, seeming like his face was morphing.

Twilight quickly spewed the milk and giggled, as she blushed.

Lirex smiled and poured himself a glass, "I bet ya won't make me laugh this time."

As he drank the whole glass and held it in his mouth, Twilight picked up a feather with her magic, and slowly rubbed it under his hoof.

He chuckled under his breath, as Twilight tickled faster; he quickly spewed the milk and laughed.

Spike, Twilight, and Lirex all fell to the floor laughing their heads off, as Twilight rolled over to Lirex's side, and blushed as soon as she noticed he had his hoof under her.

"Heh, sorry Twi." He smiled friendly.

She shrugged and sighed happily as she leaned on him, "It's fine,”