• Published 4th Aug 2013
  • 726 Views, 5 Comments

Eternal Love - Swift Quill



This is the story of a unicorn by the name of Fire Heart, who goes on a search for his parents, who disappeared when he was very young. On his search, he meets the beautiful Rosebud Thorns and falls in love with her.

  • ...
 5
 726

Chapter 4

The next morning, Rosebud wakes up, stretches her legs and makes her way downstairs.
She sees Slava sitting at a table with a dreamy look on his face. She walks up to him and gives him a little nudge.
Startled, Slava sits up, “Oh, hi Rosebud.” He yawns,
“You haven’t been here long, have you?” Rosebud asks
“Oh no, only about an hour. But I don’t mind.”
“Ok, would you like to see Fire Heart today?”

Slava nods and says that it would be nice.
They leave the Inn and make their way to the hospital. On their way, they bump into Nurse Redheart and Slava goes shy and quiet again. Nurse Redheart giggles and gives him a kiss on the cheek, and Rosebud asks when Fire Heart will be out of hospital. Nurse Redheart says that normally somepony who has stitches would be out of the hospital that same day or night, but as it was resulted from a black out, they decided to keep Fire Heart in for a few days, to try and pin point why he blacked out and to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Rosebud thanks Nurse Redheart and they enter the hospital together. Rosebud and Slava walk into Fire Heart’s room and see that he is awake. Rosebud runs to his bedside and holds his hoof in hers. Slava stands there smiling. He then walks over to his older brother and tussles his mane with a hoof. Fire Heart gives him a gentle shove in return.

Nurse Redheart walks into the room holding a clipboard.
She asks what Fire Heart had that day he blacked out, and he replies that he hadn’t much. He was too excited about meeting his parents and couldn’t really keep anything down. Nurse Redheart nods, and asks what he had the day before. He hangs his head and Rosebud tells Nurse Redheart about what happened. Nurse Redheart just shakes her head and says that it was no wonder he blacked out. Rosebud says that it wasn’t his fault, he was just going through a lot. Nurse Redheart nods and says that she understands. She says to Fire Heart that he can check out of the hospital today, and to Rosebud she tells her to make sure that he eats and drinks properly. Rosebud says that it will be her number one priority.

Rosebud helps Fire Heart up out of bed with a smile and gives him a kiss.
He smiles and kisses her back. Feeling the back of his head again, he thinks about scratching the itch, but remembers that he has stitches there and stops himself. Slava jokes that if Fire Heart keeps trying to scratch where the stitches are, that Fire Heart would have to get a protective cone. Fire Heart whines and tries to give his brother a shove, but as his energy is still drained, he just manages to touch him lightly. Rosebud, Slava and Fire Heart leave the hospital and make their way back to the Inn. Fire Heart complains that he is hungry, and wouldn’t mind something decent to eat, as hospital food always tasted like mush and then his stomach growls. Rosebud giggles and suggest that they go to the café that Slava and Nurse Redheart went to. Fire Heart agrees and they make their way there.

They arrive at the café and sit down.
The waitress mare who took Slava and Nurse Redheart’s orders come over and smiles.
They ordered their meals and drinks and the waitress mare walks off, saying that she will be back shortly. Rosebud sitting next to Fire Heart, holds his hoof and gently rests her head on his shoulders.
Rosebud gently strokes Fire Heart’s mane and gives him a kiss. He smiles and nearly falls asleep, but the waitress mare arrives with their orders.

An hour passes, they finish their meals and drinks.
Fire Heart goes to pay but Slava says that seeing as Fire Heart paid for Slava’s date with Nurse Redheart, he’d like to return the favour for paying for today. Fire Heart nods and says ok.

After paying for their meals, they start walking on their way back to the Inn.
“So brother, I bet you’re glad to be out of the hospital?” Slava asks.
“You bet I am, but I bet you’re sad you won’t be seeing that nurse again.”
“Oh quite the contrary” he takes out a piece of parchment, “she gave me her number and address.” Slava says with a big white grin on his face.
Fire Heart gives him a gentle shove and puts him in a hold, messing up his mane with a hoof.
“Nice one little brother!”
Slava wriggles out of the hold, “Oh come on big brother. You know I like my mane spikey!”
He spits on his hoof and starts spiking it again.

They reach the Inn and Rosebud opens it.
Looking around to find nopony else in the Inn, not even the other staff, Fire Heart asks, “Where is everypony?”
Rosebud hugs him, “I’ve closed the Inn for the whole day and given the staff the day off.”
“But why?”
“So we can have the day to ourselves” she kisses Fire Heart, “I just want it to be the two of us.”
“But what about Slava?”
“I’ve been discussing with him and he’s happy to go out for the day and come back tonight.”
“Oh ok then” Fire Heart leans in and kisses Rosebud.

Slava goes upstairs to grab a few things, then leaves the Inn.
Rosebud cuddles up to Fire Heart in front of the fire and kisses him.
Fire Heart sighs and lifts a hoof to scratch at the itch, thinks twice then places his foreleg around Rosebuds shoulders. She smiles and lean in close to him, resting her head on his chest.

She listens to his heart, it skips a beat and she looks up at him.
“Your heart missed a beat there honey.” She says.
“Only because you are so beautiful, my darling.” Fire Heart replies, stroking her mane with a hoof.
“Oh, that’s really sweet of you, but I’m not beautiful.”
“But you are, only you could make my heart skip a beat.”
Rosebud smiles and snuggles into him and they fall asleep.

Rosebud wakes up with a yawn and looks up at Fire Heart, who has fallen asleep with her in his lap.
She sighs and starts rests her head on his chest. Fire Heart hears her sigh and wakes. He strokes her mane gently and asks why she sighed. Rosebud replies that she was sighing out of happiness and that she wishes that the moment will never end. He smiles at her and says he feels the same way. He leans down and gives her a kiss. Rosebud returns the smile and the kiss.

“I love you, handsome.” Rosebud says, resting in his lap.
“I love you too.” Fire Heart replies, still stroking her mane.
“Oh, do you now?” Rosebud jokes with a smile.
“How could I not? I mean you’re kind, sweet, loving, caring and not to mention absolutely radiant and beautiful!” Fire Heart says, placing a hoof on her stomach.
“Oh you!” she says, holding his hoof and placing it over her heart.

A few hours pass and Rosebud looks at the time.
She sighs and gets up, gives Fire Heart a kiss and says that she should unlock the door, so that Slava can get back in when he gets back. Fire Heart nods and gets up himself. He stretches his legs and makes his way upstairs. He passes Rosebud and gives her a kiss. Rosebud kisses him back and asks what he is going to do. Fire Heart replies that now that he has found his parents, he doesn’t quite know what he wants to do. Rosebud gives him a hug and says that maybe he should look for work, and that if he does want work, he can always work with her at the Inn. Fire Heart nods and says that he will think about it, and walks upstairs to his room.

Rosebud hears a knock and looks up from the book desk.
She sees Slava at the door and goes to let him in.
“Hello Slava, come in.” Rosebud says with a smile.
“Thank you. So, how’d it go?” Slava asks with a slight sigh in his voice.

Rosebud tells him that she and Fire Heart just snuggled up in front of the fire and they fell asleep.
She asks Slava what he got up to. He replies that he went to see Nurse Redheart again to ask her out again, but couldn’t because he lost his nerves. Rosebud giggles and asks him if he would like her to ask Nurse Redheart for him, and he says he would like that.

“So, where’s that dope of a big brother of mine?” Slava asks with a hint of joke in his voice.
“Oh, he’s upstairs. Brooding I think.” Rosebud sighs.
“That sounds like him, what is he brooding over, this time?”
“He doesn’t know what he wants to do, now that you’ve found our parents.”
“Oh, well maybe I can go talk to him.”

Rosebud sighs and says that she has offered him work at the Inn.
Slava tells her that it was nice of her to offer him work, gives her a hug and then walks upstairs to his room. He opens the door and sees Fire Heart laying down, but still awake. He goes up to him and sits next to him. Fire Heart looks up, and Slava can see that he has been crying.

“What’s the matter big brother?” Slava asks, patting him on the back.
“It’s Rosebud. I love her so much.” Fire Heart says, sniffling and wiping the tears away.
“So, what’s wrong then? She loves you too, you know!”
“I know, I…” Fire Heart trails off in thought.
“Come on Fire Heart, you can tell me.”
“I want to ask her to marry me, but it’s too soon!”
Slava nods and says that it is rather too soon to ask her.He also tells Fire Heart that he should ask her, maybe in a few months’ time. He gives him a hug and goes to lay down on his own bed.

Rosebud looks at the time and sees that it is late.
Not having anything to do, she feels a bored, so she goes upstairs.
Missing Fire Heart’s company already, she knocks on his door, but there is no answer.
She opens the door a crack to see if everything is alright and sees Fire Heart and Slava asleep.
She sighs, walks in and sits next to Fire Heart and kisses him.

Fire Heart smiles and wakes up, “Hello dear” He says with a yawn.
“Hello love, I felt lonely so I wanted to see you.” Rosebud says, kissing him on the cheek.
“Aw, well I love you too.” He says giving her a kiss.
Rosebud smiles and hold his hoof, stroking it.
“Well, I’d better let you get back to sleep.” She sighs and gets up to leave.
“Wait!” He says quietly, holding her hoof.
“What is it love?” she asks sleepily.
“I…Will you sleep next to me? I mean, just next to me, not sex. Not yet. I just miss your company, when you’re not around me.”
Rosebud smiles and lays down next to him. He lifts a foreleg and drapes it over her, while she snuggles in close to him.