• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 3,461 Views, 19 Comments

My Little Pony The Creation of New Equestria. - Tebbzy7

  • ...
14
 19
 3,461

Chapter 2: 1000 year ago

Chapter 2

After the four groups of ponies left Nyx look at Celestia and asked. “Why did I hear the voices of the other Alicorns in my head?”



Celestia thought for a second “Have you ever been talking with your friends and finish one of their sentences?” Nyx nodded “For that brief amount of time your minds synchronize. That is how you know what they are going to say. It is on the same train of thought we used magic to synchronize our minds. It is an easy spell any filly Alicorn can cast. If you like I will teach it to you later.” Nyx smiled as she thought of all the ways she could use it in school.



“We used it 1,000 years ago when we ruled Equestria together. When we talk to ponies as rulers we can’t disagree or not know what we are talking about. So we synchronized our minds so we can talk without any pony knowing about it,” Shooting Star explained.



Nyx smiled “That makes sense. Why did you include me in it?”



“We thought it would be fun for you to know this secret of being Alicorn.” Luna answered.



“Thank you, it was.” Nyx did a round of hugs.



Twilight walked over to Shooting star and asked “what did you do to deserve to be sealed away for one thousand years? And why did Celestia do that? Did you try to take over Equestria?”



Celestia, Luna, and Shooting Star busted out laughing. “No it isn’t like that.”




Shooting Star took some deep breath and said, “Ok, I think I will tell you why I was gone for over 1000 years. Well I think the best place to start the story is one morning in the conference room in the castle of the royal pony sisters.”



Luna just finished a long presentation, “So a night festival would help the ponies of Equestria to see the wonders of my night, and bring money to those who are involved.” Then Luna looked around and all the Noble ponies are ignoring her.



Shooting Star said “I think it is a great idea Luna.” -Talking very loudly- “And what about all of you.”



“Why would we want to hear anything Luna has to offer? She is only the ruler of the night,” said Duke Prejudice.



“Yes, she should stay in the shadows where she belongs,” Major Pride said then the other nobles joined in.



All this was too much for Luna’s soft heart. Tears welled up in Luna’s eyes and she ran from the room trying her best to not cry in front of them. Luna flew to a part of Everfree she thought she could be alone and she broke down and cry. Soon after she started to cry she felt a little hove on her shoulder and she looked up and saw a group of child ponies looking at her.



A dark purple colt Pegasus with black and blue mane and tail said. “Please stop crying and play with us. By the way I am Nightwing”.



“You want me to play with you. Do you know who I am?” Luna said.



Nightwing smiled “No, I don’t know who you are. I don’t think you know who I am.” Luna shook her head “So I think we are even. And you look like you need to play a game.”



“Alright I will play with you, if I am not too creepy,” Luna remembering what the nobles said.



“creepy? You are not creepy; I think you are beautiful, like a clear night.” Then Nightwing blushed.



“You think the night is Beautiful?” Luna said in disbelief.





Nightwing smiled “Yes, the night is dark but its Beauty is unquestionable. It’s also calming and wonderful. Looking at all those stars makes you feel small, but in a good way. The coolness of night seems to take away the harshness of the day. The night has a special place in my heart. My father and I use to set and lookup at the stars. Well that was before.”



A tan unicorn filly with a two shades of yellow mane and tail interrupted “let’s not talk about that. Let’s play and laugh. You blue mare what’s your name? I am Sunny moments.”



Luna hasn’t ever had to introduce herself before everyone just knows who she was. Luna stood tall and spread her wing and said “I am Princess Luna ruler of the night.”



“Ok Luna have you ever played hide and go seek” Sunny moments said with a smile.



Luna looked around not knowing how to react. Only her family called her “Luna” and this little filly is called her it. But she doesn’t mind it in fact it feels right. Luna smiled and said “I can’t say I have.”



“The name says it all. All but one pony hides as that one pony closes his or her eyes and count to 20. after they are done counting they look for the other ponies, when that pony finds all of the ponies and touch them and the first one they touch is the next to count. And you are the first to count.” Sunny moments said.



Luna looked around at the young ponies faces and closed her eyes and started to count. She doesn’t know why but she wanted to try this out. Luna spent the rest of the day playing with these child ponies, they even offered a little of their food to her. She saw there wasn’t enough for them even without giving her some.



Luna asked “where are your parents?”



“We have none, but we have each other and that makes up for not having parents.” Sunny moments said with a smile as she hugged the other ponies.



Luna decided she will take care of these ponies. As soon as she got back to the castle she had Medley take food to them.



After some months.



After her meetings Luna skipped down the street carrying a box of food as she sang and turned the corner into a dead-end street. Luna looked at the small house she got for the young ponies to live in. Then a group of young ponies ran out to meet Luna.



She smiled at them. “How are you today? I just got done with my boring meetings. So who wants to play?”



The ponies answered all at once. Nightwing said “I do” quick lock said “me” Sunny moment said “all of us.”



For the rest of the day Luna played, laughed, ate with the ponies and taught them math and to read. After raising the moon Luna told them to go to sleep and that she is the princess of the night and as such she will protect them. Then she read a book to the ponies to put them to sleep. After she’s sure the guards were there she went back to the castle.



As soon as Luna got to the castle Celestia walked up and confronted Luna. “Were you out with those orphans again? If you keep this up none of the Noble Ponies will respect you. I am worried if you can’t keep their respect you won’t be able to rule. There is a lot of talk about you in the Royal court. The talk is that you are not worthy of ruling Equestria.”



Shooting star walked up. “It is nice to see you care more about the noble ponies than your own sister. We can see that by the fact you didn’t stand up for her, I think she is doing the right thing here, let you bask in the limelight After all that is all that matters to you. And she does her work to keep Equestria working. So let her be.”



Celestia look ashamed. “I am trying to do what is right also.” She turned, and walked away.



Then Luna turned to Shooting Star. “You don’t have to be so hard on her, she is trying her best. It hasn’t been easy for any of us to take over ruling Equestria: with the conflict between the different ponies.”



“I know but she doesn’t have to take it out on us.”



Luna laughed. “No she takes it out on you leader of the guards and the armies.”



“Yes she hates that I have power and she can’t do anything about it. So she finds fault with me,” Shooting star smiled.



“You mean you made it so you have power to make her mad,” Luna teased her brother.





Shooting Star looked like he is in deep thought for a second then said “I think only way for me and Celestia will get alone is if we rule different Kingdoms. And if I leave I am taking Firefly and medley.”



Luna laughed “oh that will make Celestia mad. She would be lost without Medley and Firefly is the captain of the Guards.”



“They are both here because of me, because they are my friends.”



As they were talking Firefly flew up and landed next to shooting star. Then she said “I would come with you even if you told me not to. And most likely Medley would have our bags packed and ready.”



Shooting Star smiled “Yes, she seen to know what we need before we do. I still can’t understand how she does that; if she was a Unicorn I would think she would use magic to see the future.”



Medley walked up “I just know you. And Firefly here is your helmet you left it in the kitchen. Luna, it will be cold tonight so here is your Cape. Shooting Star, I think you will find the answer of your problem in this book.”



“We all would be lost without you, Medley.” Firefly laughed.



Medley bowed and walked to the throne room. And Luna put on the Cape.



Luna pointed and said “looks like Celestia forgot something too. Well I should get to watching over Equestria.”



“I guess I have some reading to do. Good night Sister,” Shooting star looked at the book.



“Good night brother,” Luna walked out onto the balcony.



Shooting Star went to his room and Luna went for a flight. Firefly stood there feeling left out. “What am I, chopped liver? Can someone say goodnight to me?” firefly said sadly.



Medley walked up and hugged Firefly “good night.”



Firefly smiled “thanks Medley, now I am happy.” Firefly flew off. Medley walked off.



The next day Luna was skipping down the street carrying a box, and then when she turned the corner she saw guards forcing the children ponies into carts and taking them away. “Stop that right now, by the order of Princess Luna.”



The head guard said “Sorry I can’t do that it is Princess Celestia’s orders. We are to take those children to a safe place.”



“Can I ask where you’re taking them?”



“Celestia ordered us to not tell you. But I will tell you they will be safe. I will give you my word on that.”



She stormed back to the castle and found Celestia in the throne room “Why are you taking away my children?”



“This is for your own good. You’re spending too much time with them. You need to stay in the castle and help me rule”.



Luna was going to say something but saw that Celestia will never understand what those Ponies mean to her. Then she walked away to find her brother Shooting star. She found him in the courtyard playing with Snowdrop. Luna walked up and gave Snowdrop a hug. “Hello Snowdrop how are you.”



Snowdrop looked concerned “Hi Luna, what’s wrong?”



“Nothing, I am just tired. It has been a long day of meetings.”



Snowdrop wasn’t fooled. “If you say so. You know you could always talk to me.”



“I know that, well I need to talk with Shooting Star about something. Will you be alright here alone?”



“I am blind not helpless.”



“I am sorry! I didn’t mean to apply that!” Luna backpedaled.



“I know I’m just messing with you. My mother will be here soon so I will just have firefly play with me until she shows up.”



Luna smiled “Ok, Tell Primrose I said hello” with that Snowdrop hugged Luna one last time and ran off the find Firefly.



“Shooting Star, can you come with me.” Luna took Shooting Star to a pace where no other pony could hear them.



“So what is this all about Luna?”.



Luna took a deep breath “Celestia ordered the Guards to around up my Children and take them to a place I don't know about.”



“She did what! with my Guards! How can she not see how happy you been since you found those ponies? I have to give her a piece of my mind!” Shooting star got ready to storm into the castle and rip Celestia a new one.



Luna grabbed Shooting Star “calm down and listen. I have a plan. Some nights back as I took a longer flight than I usually took and I saw an island.”



While they talked Medley walked up and said “I already have twenty maids cleaning at the castle on that island and Firefly is there with a group of guards. Shooting star, your room have been packed and shipped over there. Did you read the book I gave you the other night?”



Shooting Star looked confused “Yes, but how does the ancient history of other land solve a problem of mine? “



Medley smiled and said “you’ll see.” Then she spread her wing and took flight to the island.



Shooting Star sighed “I hate when she does that, so Luna what’s your plan.”



Luna leaned in and started whispering in Shooting star’s ear.



Some weeks later, Shooting Star was off doing his part of the plan in a magical island and Luna found out that they were keeping her children in an old Keep on the edge of Everfree. She went to see what it was like. When she got there the young ponies look dirty and tired. They lost the spark in their eyes. Then Luna went to talk to the paid Caretaker pony. Luna found her in a room full of gems. She acted rude toward Luna until Luna said ”I guess if you can’t treat me with respect I would just have to cut what you get paid to watch the Ponies.”



Caretaker Pony bowed and said “Sorry Princess it has been hard lately, with the young ponies and all.”



Luna looked confused and asked “How is it hard for you? You get to stay in one of the city’s keep free of rent. And you are watching fillies and colts that can take care of themselves.”



Caretaker Pony answered “I don’t get paid enough to buy food and clothes for those ponies. So they have to earn their keep by doing jobs around town.”



Luna felt anger fill her whole body. Luna known fully how much that caretaker is got paid. And it is enough to buy everything the ponies needed and wanted and hired maids to play with the young ponies and still have enough to live without a care. This confirmed that what she was about to do is the right decision. Someone like her shouldn’t be watching any young pony.



Later that night after Celestia went to sleep. Luna stood on the balcony of Everfree Castle. Thinking about what needed to be done. And hoped she have enough strength to do it. She takes a deep breath and she opens her wings, jumped from the balcony and took flight. She looked at Everfree asleep below her. Even if all the ponies hated her she still loved them as their princess. She saw before her the keep where her children were kept and she landed in the courtyard. Luna walked up the steps and opened the front door. Luna walked to the rooms where her children are. She saw all kinds of locks in the door. She takes a deep breath to calm herself, and then used her magic to unlock the locks on the doors. She walked over to where the children were sleeping. And the sight broke her heart. The ponies are sleeping on the ground with old ripped blankets and Luna could see them shivering.



She softly woke them and sunny moments said “Luna is that really you or am I dreaming?”



Luna started to cry. “I am sorry it took me so long. I am so sorry.”



Night Wing walked over and hugged Luna and said “all that matters is that you are here now.”



Luna pulled herself together and told the ponies “we are leaving, stay quiet. I am taking you to a place you will never be treated like this ever again.”



Luna took the children to the courtyard, and used her magic to make them fly. Luna took the children to the island. The whole time she played and laughed with them.



As they got to the Island Shooting star was waiting. After that the children got handed off to the maids to bathe and feed them. Shooting Star pulls Luna aside and said “You know that book Medley had me read? It was about this island. Well this island has a magic boulder that protected this island. It is one of three items that bring happiness to Equestria; them being Canterlot fountains, the Crystal heart, and the Boulder of protection. Well one hundred years ago an evil Queen named Voldermare knowing she was getting older and couldn’t live forever as a pony; she cast an evil spell on the Boulder and put all her consciousness into the Boulder. I hate to say this, but I think we need Celestia to help us turn it good again.”



Luna shakes her head “No, we can’t let her know what we are doing. If you met the type of pony she had watching my children you would be enraged. They told me how she wouldn’t feed them and take away any blankets they have if they don’t make enough money in a day. “



Shooting star said “I don’t think Celestia would do that on purpose. I bet one of the noble ponies have their hooves in that. And she would be happy to have another of the ancient magical Treasures of Equestria restored. It would be another star in her crown. We both know she is still upset about the Crystal heart from the Crystal Empire. I think this would make up for that.”



Luna asked “And you think she will let me keep these ponies in the Castle in Everfree?”



Shooting star lowered his head and said “No, I think they will go back but they will be treated better. “



“We can’t be sure; I will try to restore the Boulder on my own. If it doesn’t work you keep the ponies safe until we can come up with another plan,” Luna said as she walks to the Boulder.



When she got there she braces herself and points her horn at the large stone. Luna shot a beam of magic into the Boulder and it looked like it might work. The boulder starts to change to white. Then a beam of Dark Magic shot out of the Boulder and hit Luna in the forehead. Luna was knocked down and she sat there in a daze. Shooting Star ran over.



Back in Everfree Castle, Celestia woke about the same time as Luna got hit by the dark magic. She had a feeling something is wrong. “Luna!!” Celestia looked around. “Guards come here.”



The Guards just outside of her door rush in and asked “what is it your highness.”



Celestia said “Could you tell me where Luna is?”



“Luna is out on a flight. She said she needed to clear her head.” One of the Guards answered



“Ok, Could you and the guards go find Luna?” Celestia asked as she got dressed.



“I have something to report; the young ponies that were being watched in the keep on the edge of Everfree were stolen. Reports said it was a Pegasus with a dark coat,” The guard relayed.



“Thank you; go back to work now if I need you again I will call,” Celestia said as she walked past them and into the Throne room. She sat on her throne thinking about her dream and about the missing ponies.



Back on the island, Shooting Star stood next to Luna. “Luna, are you alright?”



Luna stood up and looked around “I am fine but I am not going to try that again. Let’s call it a night, the children need to be put to bed and I need to get back to Everfree before Celestia wakes up.”



Medley already took Luna’s Children to bed and they are waiting for Luna to say good night. Luna came in and read little red riding hove. The young ponies were very scared of the big bad Timber Wolf. They cheered then the Wood cutting Earth pony defeated the Timber wolf. All the young ponies went to sleep without a problem. Luna flew back to Everfree.



Sometime later Luna got back to Everfree. And she saw Celestia setting in the throne room. “Celestia you’re up early today. Did you have trouble sleeping?”



Celestia asked “Luna, where did you take those young ponies.”



Luna look confused and asked “what young Ponies are you talking about.”



“The orphan ponies that you found awhile back,” Celestia said.



Luna acted like she is mad and asked “you mean that they are gone. First you take them away, and now you lose them. And on top of that you left them with that mare. Most likely she sold them so she could have more gems. She is that type of pony after all. But you wouldn’t know would you since you didn’t ever interview her. I bet you left it to one of your awful noble pony. If you left them in my care this wouldn’t have happen.”



Celestia knew Luna is right. She just wanted to get Luna back and didn’t care what happen to those ponies. And she told one of the nobles to take care of them. Thinking back she chose the worst one. Celestia thought “why did I do that? Could it be that I was jealous?” But that doesn’t change the fact she is sure that Luna was the one that took the ponies and disobeyed her order. But she can’t prove it, Luna did it at night. So no pony could see her clearly.

“Then I will search all Equestria to find them.” Celestia looked over at the guards by her throne. “Guards search all Equestria for those young ponies.”



After weeks Celestia didn’t find the ponies. And Luna stayed near the castle so Celestia couldn’t find out where the ponies are. While Luna was away shooting star studied and made a plan to restore the boulder. He set up some advance level spells hoping it would work. He stood in the middle of the circle of power and uses all of his magic and all the magical items he have got. And aim it all at the boulder. Well just like with Luna the beam got shoot back but because of the mismatch of spell and magical items; Shooting Star got transported away, and the island was sealed away for over 1000 years.



While away Shooting Star went on many Advancers and freed many lands; and made one major mistake. He became the crowned prince of a land and the land was cursed by an evil arch mage Unicorn. All ponies of the lands he ruled over got turned to stone and put in a jar. He traveled around looking for knowledge that would help him free his ponies. After he freed them from the stone curse and before he freed them from the jar he got transported back to the island.



Back to now a days, they are now sitting in the garden having a nice little picnic under a tree. That was setup by Twilight’s hoof maidens. Luna and Celestia were sitting next to each other sipping tea. Nyx was lying next to her mother happily eating a cucumber sandwich. Twilight was levitating more food to the plate she is sharing with Nyx. And Shooting Star was leaning against the tree eating an apple.



“I really messed up that time.” Shooting Star said.



Celestia said “Luna before we go farther I will tell you the pony that was watching your Children got put in jail for lying to the crown and for mistreating the children. Then I took all her gems and used them to start Luna’s house. A group of houses I set up to take care of young ponies without parents. And it is run by our retired Royal maids and guard. They think of it as a great honor to take care of those children. So I did learn my lesson. Will you forgive me Shooting star and Luna?”



“Of course dear sister, I will forgive you,” Luna and Celestia Hugged and cried.



Celestia wiped her eyes and said “well after that, the evil magic from that shot from the boulder slowly turned my sweet Luna to Nightmare Moon. And I was too blind to see what was going on.”



Shooting star said “Twilight, I am sure you wonder why Ponyville and this city got combined.”



“Yes, among other questions.” Twilight stated.



Celestia smile “You see Ponyville is near the Everfree forest which has a great deal of built up wild magic. So I guess Ponyville was taken by accident.”



“That is right when this island came back the evil inside of the boulder wanted that magic to strengthen its power, as it try to get it. But I tried stop it but it was too late. You see while I was fighting the boulder the jar that had my kingdoms in it broke. So I have to quickly seal the boulder and Discord combined Equestria and my kingdoms so they didn’t get destroyed.” Shooting Star said.



“Is that so, you know you two made my job harder by doing that?” Celestia said.



Shooting Star laughed and hugged Celestia “My dear sister just thinks of it as 1000 years of brotherly love.”



“So what are we going to do now?” ask Celestia.



Shooting Star smiled and said, “Well, I think we would set up three kingdoms all under the Equestria flag. One Ruled by me, one ruled by you and Luna and the last Cadance and Shining Armor.”



“The idea to giving more land to Cadence and Shining Armor has some merit. I was thinking of giving Cadence more responsibility.” Celestia said with a smile.



“Ok Lets look over the land and divide it among us.” Shooting star said.



“Agreed, I take it that you have maps of our land” Celestia said.



Shooting Star said “no not yet but I will make a map of what our new Equestria looks like.” Shooting Star’s horn glowed and a large piece of paper and a quill appeared. And the quill danced around the page. After some time the quill disappeared. Then Celestia took the map in her magic and looked it over.



“So this is what it looks like now. It is quite a bit bigger. So I take it you would like all that is south of the Equestrian Sea. I will agree to it if you rule with Twilight.” Celestia said.



Shooting Star looked at Twilight and thought it over. “Hmmm, only if you don’t try to interfere with how we rule. The last thing I want is you to try to control me through Twilight.”



“Like I would do that? It hurts that you think I would do that.” Celestia acted hurt.



“Celestia, I know you too well to think you wouldn’t try. But shouldn’t we get back to dividing the land?” Shooting Star said.



“Ok, Shooting Star you are no fun. I guess I will take the southern 2/3 of what is north of the sea.” Celestia said.



“So the rest is Cadance and Shining Armor’s?” asked Nyx.



“Yes, I don’t think Shining Armor and Cadence can handle more than that for now.” Celestia answered.



“Everything looks good. Now we need to have Shining Armor and Cadence here to tell them about this.”



Shooting Star whistle and Firefly flew down and landed next to him. “Firefly, could you fetch Cadence and Shining Armor for us.”



“It would be my honor.” Firefly flew off to get them.



Spike walked out of the Castle and saw all the ponies talking. “Nyx, what’s going on here?”



Nyx looked at spike and said “an evil force transport all of Ponyville here and combine it with the city here to get the magic of the Everfree Forest. And it got seal by that pony over there, his name is Shooting Star. Oh and the Equestria we know isn’t any more. It is a lot bigger and it is now divided into three kingdoms.”



Spike walked over to Twilight and asked “what is going on here?”



“Spike, pretty much what she said.” Twilight said.



Spike raised an eyebrow and said, “You got to be pulling my leg, there is no way all that could happen while I was sleeping.”



Celestia put her hove on Spike’s back and said “Spike, it is all true. Things like this happen when Shooting Star have anything to do with it.”



“You must be Spike. Twilight said you help her a lot with her studies. I am Shooting Star I am Celestia’s Brother.” Shooting Star held out his hove

.

Spike shook his hove “It is nice to meet you Shooting Star.”



Cadence fly in and landed as Shining Armor ran through the Garden gate wearing armor.



“It is good to see you two could join us here. We have some things to talk over with you,” Nyx said in her Royal tone.



Shining Armor grabbed Nyx and gave her a playful nuggie.



“Guard, watch yourself I am a princess of Equestria,” Nyx said pulling away from Shining Armor.



Shining Armor stands in attention and said “Sorry Princess I lost myself in your cute presence.”



Cadence laugh then asked “Is there something you like to discuss with us?”



“Yes Cadence, because of matters out of our control.” Celestia shot a look at Shooting Star. “We needed to remodel Equestria so there are three kingdoms. One Ruled by Luna and me, one ruled by Twilight and Shooting Star, and last ruled by you two. Of course we will have meetings to discuss matters that affect all of Equestria. This is a great responsibility. We wouldn’t ask this of you if we don’t think you can do it. But if you two don’t think you’re up for it just tell us.” Celestia said.



Cadence and Shining Armor looked at each other and they both smiled. “We can’t let Twilight out do us. Can we? So we will do it,” Shining Armor said.



“If you think we could do it. We will try our best.” Cadence said.



Shooting Star walked over with the map and laid it in front of them. “Here is the map of the new Equestria. We decide to give you this part of Equestria. We think that would be the best fit for you.”



Shining Armor looked over the map, then look at the map key and measure how big his land is. “That is a lot of land and cities, Are you sure we can handle it?”



Celestia put her wing over Shining Armor and said “we have faith in you.”



Twilight thought to herself “Brother, if you only knew that we are giving you what we don’t want.”



Shooting Star leaned close to Twilight and whispered “Twilight, I bet you enjoy deciding who gets what land.”



Twilight whispered back “yes, but I feel guilty deceiving my brother.”



Shooting Star whispered “we are not deceiving him. We are telling him all he needs to know. What good would it do to tell him everything? He is happy with what we told him.”



“What are you two whispering about over there?” Cadence asked with a twinkle in her eyes.



“We are talking about Shining Armor. But that isn’t important right now. We need to talk about our plan to restore the boulder back to good.”



“Ok any ideas how we can do it?” Celestia asked.



Then they started to talk.